UK Embassy Launches 'Priority Visas' For Thai Nationals

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many applications and cost later My country said no..... no reason ... just no....

My girlfriend has family , children here, I am more than able to take of her as was stated in my application...I live here in Thai I want to come back.............. They refused her.... Thank you England....

He died 2 years ago.

I am still with my girlfriend.

Hard to explain why she was not allowed to meet my dad.

I regret ever having been born there.........

Sad story... Sympathies for that...

I'm afraid I may face the similar situation with my wife/gf and my elderly parents in the U.S.

I dont know whether thing has changed but even US embassy is very picky with grating their visa, they return the fee and do not rob you blind like UK does.

I know this is a British oriented thread, but dunno where you got that idea bout the U.S. Consulate here...

You apply for a U.S. visa for a Thai citizen, they take your application fee which is not cheap, and then they pocked and keep the fee regardless of the decision on the application. No refunds that I've ever heard of.

And try $50 U.S. just to get your annual income letter for Immigration or any routine document notarized.

The UK is not extending any goodwill to Thailand in this instance. This is a money - making exercise. This is self - serving, and is not for the benefit of all visa applicants. What does "Give Peace A Chance " have to do with this ?

Yes, I entirely agree with you.

This is not a priority service created as a goodwill gesture or out of the kindness of they’re hearts. The FCO have concluded that there is an increased rate of Thais wanting to visit the United Kingdom, so why not cash in on it.

Of course in order to keep a reserve of resources for this so-called priority or VIP service means the peasants who cannot afford or have no wish to use the higher grade visa service will be pushed even further down the line.

This is just another, pay up or we’re make you suffer all the inconvenience and stress ploy.

• Like 1

In view of grey, rainy old Britain having suddenly become attractive to an unprecedented number of visitors I've got an even better idea for the embassy to speed things up and lighten its work load significantly at the same time. Let Thai passport holders get a 30 day visa on arrival just like Singaporeans, South Koreans, Taiwanese, Malaysians, Hong Kong SAR passport holders etc, etc. For those who violate the visa conditions apply a strict ban of up to 10 years and put them on a blacklist with with the EU and other Western countries. ECOs working at the embassy can then stop harassing innocent Thais and participate in Cameron's governement cuts.

So, how about this for an idea ? The Embassy keeps telling us that the number of applications for visit visas in Thailand is rising every year. and is now about 50,000 a year or more. Of that 50,000 the Embassy issues around 94%, which by my calculation is around 47,000. So, all of this effort is to refuse just 3,000 visa a year to visitors. All of those ECOs, all that support staff, all that cost, is to refuse 3,000 visas a year. Well, why not remove the visa requirement ? Let the immigration officer in UK decide if a passenger can enter or not, just as they do with Malaysians and Singaporeans. At least that immigration officer will get to interview the passenger, which an ECO apparently doesn't have time to do. Plus, what a saving on the cost of the visa operation in Thailand ! I have just saved the British government a fortune ! Or have I cost the British government 47,000 visit visa fees ( from obviously genuine visitors ), which I work out at around 3, 666,000 GBP a year ? Am I being cynical ?

You forget all the people who would "apply" if they KNEW they wouldn't be rejected.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

So it's the same price as the Australian Tourist Visa now, 3000 baht. Australia has no fast track and Visa's are normally completed within 5 days (unless problems).

So the UK visa's must be cheap? It's not bad, as long as it is a premium service and not a head of the line service (thus degrading the quality of the normal application process, which then is unfair).

To say otherwise means, you believe those with more money have more inherent right to better service at the expense of others. Not cool.

Maybe I just want to spend the money on other things? Many people WITH money like that too. If you need it fast, sure...but if you can wait the few extra days, why not....money can go elsewhere.

The Visitors Visas Fee, off the top nof my head is 3700Bht, the priority service an extra 3000Bht

so if you want it quick its 6700Bht, sorry i don't think that is cheap, just a scam, whats the Brit Embassy coming to !!!!

Governments prefer their embassies to be financially independant of the home country so obviously visa fees are the 'bread and butter' of the embassy business . Paying extra to speed up the process is just another scam that embassies and the Thai passport office in Pinklao (+700 cool.png can engage in. Which other embassies do it ?

Old fashion service with a smile disappeared over 30 years ago.

Edited by 7by7
Trollish comment removed

Governments prefer their embassies to be financially independant of the home country so obviously visa fees are the 'bread and butter' of the embassy business . Paying extra to speed up the process is just another scam that embassies and the Thai passport office in Pinklao (+700 cool.png can engage in. Which other embassies do it ?

Old fashion service with a smile disappeared over 30 years ago.

If you're a Farang, your post is plainly misanthropic. If you're Thai, it's elitist.

Edited by 7by7
Deleted comment removed from quote

I will say this...

I have lived here in Thailand for six years now.

I will also say I have been with my Thai girlfriend for the same time.... we are a couple...

Three years ago my dad aged 90, was diagnosed with bowell cancer, I wanted her to meet him before he passed away.

Many applications and cost later My country said no..... no reason ... just no....

My girlfriend has family , children here, I am more than able to take of her as was stated in my application...I live here in Thai I want to come back.............. They refused her.... Thank you England....

He died 2 years ago.

Your government would of had a good reason for refusing a visa for your Thai 'girlfriend'. She may have been to the UK in the past with other farangs and deported or been rejected due to a poor work/tax record- maybe non existent in your case ( as per your words)

Edited by 7by7
Provocative, trollish comment removed
  • Like 1

I will say this...

I have lived here in Thailand for six years now.

I will also say I have been with my Thai girlfriend for the same time.... we are a couple...

Three years ago my dad aged 90, was diagnosed with bowell cancer, I wanted her to meet him before he passed away.

He died 2 years ago.

Your government would of had a good reason for refusing a visa for your Thai 'girlfriend'. She may have been to the UK in the past with other farangs and deported or been rejected due to a poor work/tax record- maybe non existent.

Jezus i never seen a bigger <deleted> then you. My gf has no tax record too because she is a tourguide. They get paid cash, no records. Its not like everyone fits in the neatly described groups. Before it was easy for me when i was still working in the Netherlands, i could just garantee her. Now i will have my dad do the same if we want to visit there again. Even though she been there twice already and owns a car and a house.

Edited by 7by7
Quote amended to remove deleted comment; response to same deleted
  • Like 1

In the words of John Lennon, - "Give Peace A Chance".

If indeed the UK is extending their good will to Thailand, - let us see if Thailand will also be so generous.

Interesting subject.

It already is isn't it? UK Citizens don't need a visa to visit Thailand and my last 2 Cat B- non visas were issued in 24 hours by the Thai Consulate in Hull

It is true the Thai Consulate in Hull issues non immigrant visas valid for 12 months by return of post free of extra charge

This Thai government office clearly much more efficient than its British counterpart.

And might as well throw in the British Embassy in Bangkok cannot even handle a straightforward passport renewal for a British national.

Yes it is sad.

Embassies in Bangkok where I have personally been offered an express service for a higher fee are those of Burma, China and Vietnam. The UK is putting itself on the same level, except that those embassies provided a genuine express service within one day. The extra 3,000 baht at the British Embassy gets you a three day process but that is not guaranteed and you still have to join the online queue online to get the appointment to pay the express fee in the first place.

Reciprocity would be the answer to much of this petty inter-governmental BS. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. Thailand should have the balls to require Brits to get tourist visas in advance just like Brazil does to the Yanks and the Russians do to Yanks and Brits, until such a time as their own citizens can get a 30 day visa on arrival in the UK. Conversely the UK should do the same as Turkey, South Korea and Taiwan and prohibit Thais and Thai companies from owning land in the UK, until British citizens and companies are permitted to own land in Thailand.

• Like 1

In the words of John Lennon, - "Give Peace A Chance".

If indeed the UK is extending their good will to Thailand, - let us see if Thailand will also be so generous.

Interesting subject.

It already is isn't it? UK Citizens don't need a visa to visit Thailand and my last 2 Cat B- non visas were issued in 24 hours by the Thai Consulate in Hull

It is true the Thai Consulate in Hull issues non immigrant visas valid for 12 months by return of post free of extra charge

This Thai government office clearly much more efficient than its British counterpart.

And might as well throw in the British Embassy in Bangkok cannot even handle a straightforward passport renewal for a British national.

Yes it is sad.

I don't think this is a good comparison. The consulate in Hull is an honorary consulate that is not directly a part of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the way the Thai Embassy in London is. It is in effect a franchise operation owned by a British national which MFA officials, for their own reasons about which I won't speculate, allow to push the edge of the envelope on visa regulations in a way that is unheard of at real Thai embassies and consulates. Significantly different interpretations of visa regulations at different embassies or consulates representing the same country can hardly be considered a sign of enlightenment.

Assuming that this is a reflection of Thai style immigration (I hope), the Brits needs to up the price 10K baht. That is what Thai immigration expects for special treatment. Maybe other countries can follow suit and up their special treatment prices as well. If this is a response to Thai standards then I applaud the decision. USA you need to do the same but match the price at 10K baht or more.

Governments prefer their embassies to be financially independant of the home country so obviously visa fees are the 'bread and butter' of the embassy business . Paying extra to speed up the process is just another scam............

UK visa fees are not set by British embassies, they are set by Parliament (on the advice of the UKBA, obviously). Money raised by visa fees is not kept by the embassies, it goes into the general exchequer to fund the running of the whole UKBA, as do in UK LTR fees; any surplus being kept by the exchequer.

Some posts have been edited to remove trollish, provocative comments or responses to same.

Other trollish, provocative posts have been deleted, as have responses to them.

One off topic post and a duplicate post also deleted.

Please restrict ALL further posts to discussion of or comments on this new 'service.'

Please do not respond to troll or provocative posts, it only encourages the pathetic idiots who make them. Use the report button and a Mod will deal with it.

Final warning, any further troll or provocative posts will earn the poster a long posting holiday.

VisasPlus has depressed me sad.png

How do I now get a short holiday visa for my girlfriend. She has never been out of Thailand before. We just want to take a few weeks with my family in UK. Any clues?

Simple answer is you can't, unless you are happy to pay a bribe, but then that was at the embassy in bangkok, now it's an agency so they might be harder to bribe but it's always worth a shot

Don't believe this rubbish. Maybe the poster is connected to one of the many visa services. Just apply for the visa, tell the truth and provide all the required information and you will get a visa. Try to show reasons why your girlfriend will return to Thailand after the holiday and there should be no problem.

I applied for my girlfriend. She went crazy saying I was doing it wrong because all her friends told her if she didn't go through an agency she would not get a visa. She said I was ruining her chance of visiting the UK. But I insisted we just put the papers in ourself. She never even got asked for an interview and the visa was granted within a few days.

Chris

indeed - there are some very "off-the-wall" and misinformed comments made in here.

The premise that a sponsor can fix everything is wrong - I know of several occasions when very upright sponsors invited a visitor to UK and the application was turned down anyway - I think proably because she lived in rented accomodation and had minimal family here. This makes her a "non-return" risk I suppose.

Has anyone got first hand experience of A sponsor successfully inviting a visitor and what were the visitors declared circumstances?

It is true that it is the visitor's circumstances, intentions and bona fides that are of concern to the ECO, not the sponsor's. Undertakings from a sponsor that their visitor will comply with the conditions of their visa, not overstay etc. are not enforceable in UK law, and so not accepted by ECOs.

However, many visitors do have sponsors. I have sponsored visit applications for my step-son (university student at the time) and my sister-in-law (cash in hand work, living in rented room), both successfully.

In visit visa applications the sponsor is usually the UK citizen or resident who is supporting the visitor's application; in many (most? all?) cases this will be the person the visitor is traveling to the UK with or to visit; their reason for making the trip, if you like.

The sponsor may also be the person providing the finance for the trip, but not necessarily. Finances can come from the applicant, sponsor, a third party or any combination of these.

So, how about this for an idea ? The Embassy keeps telling us that the number of applications for visit visas in Thailand is rising every year. and is now about 50,000 a year or more. Of that 50,000 the Embassy issues around 94%, which by my calculation is around 47,000. So, all of this effort is to refuse just 3,000 visa a year to visitors. All of those ECOs, all that support staff, all that cost, is to refuse 3,000 visas a year. Well, why not remove the visa requirement ? Let the immigration officer in UK decide if a passenger can enter or not, just as they do with Malaysians and Singaporeans. At least that immigration officer will get to interview the passenger, which an ECO apparently doesn't have time to do. Plus, what a saving on the cost of the visa operation in Thailand ! I have just saved the British government a fortune ! Or have I cost the British government 47,000 visit visa fees ( from obviously genuine visitors ), which I work out at around 3, 666,000 GBP a year ? Am I being cynical ?

Fully agree with ThaiVisa, GBP3.6 million revenue is peanuts for the UK and if the Government adopted this stance they could save the cost of the annual contract they have with VFS, I don't know what it's worth (but it must have been published somewhere?), and if they send x number of no longer required ex-Pat Border Agency officers back to the UK then they can use the money saved to send out more consular officials to help ex-Pats with their everyday problems.

Edited by AllanJordan