Shopping In Mae Sai

HansBlinkers

Can someone give me some info on the shop on the bridge, on the right hand side as you are leaving Myanmar.

They have some really nice clothing and accessories, but still not sure if they're original or just good copy's. It seems that Some of the stuff in there is quite expensive for fake goods?

Anyone know what's the score on this place?

I assume you mean shopping in Tachilek?

I've only bought liquor from the store on the bridge and it has always been the real stuff.

The only clothes I've ever looked for in Tachilek were heavy winter wear and sports specific gear. I've never seen anything in Tachilek where I was sure it was real.

Why don't you just ask them in the store if the goods are real?

Yes it like a super market just inside tachilek. The thing is lot of the products are like a lot more expensive than usual, that's what's got me thinking.

I think it's a new marketing tactic. Price your fake goods higher than everyone else does, but still offer a small discount to full-price retail, and tell customers that it's "real". There's a shop in Tachilek that sells Northface and similar quality named gear. I was told by friends that they thought the stuff was real. I went to look and saw a pair of pants I was interested in. They were 900 baht which was halfway in price from definite fake to full retail. The pants were a cotton/poly blend but the tag read "100% Cashmere"!

I’n sorry but no one can give you a blanket endorsement of unseen goods at any shop on the boarder. Each shopper is on their own when it comes to the selection of goods and the price paid. Good luck and hope you are happy with your purchases.