Superbike Rental Chiang Mai

Garry

Much as I would like to be near Pattaya where this is possible. Does anyone know of any places in Chiang Mai that rent GSXR 750 or 1000, R1 or R6 etc. I am not the slightest bit interested in anyones suggestion of an ER6n or the like. I want something with some get up and go.

Shop names, addresses & phone numbers would be great. Hell, I would even go private if the price is right.

Thanks biggrin.png

Edited by Garry

As far as shops go, forget it for that kind of bike. It just ain't gonna happen, there's nowhere up here that rents those machines out.

To be fair, the majority of people renting bikes up here are novice riders so there would be too much cost/risk involved for the shops.

its unprofitable to rent bikes of such value

i think the only way to make money at it is to cheat some people and overcharge for damage etc

a new r1 is nearly 800k

it would take years to get 800k back and break even when theyre renting them for 1000 thb per day in pattaya

and half the time ,there isnt enough tourists to rent them to !

Even in Pattaya its only the Muslim street vendors ,just off beach road who offer such bikes .How they can do it i do not know ?

I've always wondered that too- where do they get their bikes? A few years ago a friend rented a brand new US spec R6 with 600 miles on the clock for 1000 Baht/day off of beach road in Pattaya. If they can make money renting at that price they sure didn't pay retail for the bike!

But you can rent a liter bike.

A KTM 620 Motard is likely faster than you on a R1 in the mountains... Street surface, all kinds of animals being on the road from cows and chicken to dogs... And ghost riders who won't anticipate you coming. ** Personally, I would like to rent a TZR-250, a NSR-400 and a RD-500.

Many of the bikes I rented had IRC tires - good luck!

Edited by Kf6vci

A KTM 620 Motard is likely faster than you on a R1 in the mountains... Street surface, all kinds of animals being on the road from cows and chicken to dogs... And ghost riders who won't anticipate you coming. ** Personally, I would like to rent a TZR-250, a NSR-400 and a RD-500.

Where exactly can you rent any of the bikes you mentioned in Chiang Mai?

I've never seen or heard of anywhere that does anything like any of the bikes you mentioned up here

I've never seen or heard of anywhere that does anything like any of the bikes you mentioned up here

Well, you can't. But OTOH, what is wrong with a Versys or some older liter bike? My own riding ability or the lack thereof

combined with mountain roads which are not familiar... Take it easy. So you can accellerate 3 seconds faster. Is that what gives you a kick?

Getting to know the curves, finding the ideal line, being fast (if that's your thing) is possible on some bikes which are for rent!

You could go from naught to 200 km/h in maybe 8 seconds. And then what?

Ride and enjoy it - it doesn't matter if it's a chopper or a crotch rocket or a naked tourer.

Being on a big bike is great. Just go to CM, rent one and fill up the memory banks.

Horsepower matters less than ergonomics and weight. Knowing how to corner,

knowing the ideal line... There is more to being fast than riding a superbike.

Looking back at my youth, the bikes I had the most fun on didn't have 100+ hp.

Being open to the riding experience itself matters as much as the bike, you know?

Have you ever ridden a Moto Guzzi or a Ducati?

Felt the engine shudder, rumble and feel like a Centaur?

Try what they have and you might find the locals know which bikes are best for the roads here...

Chris

Well, you can't. But OTOH, what is wrong with a Versys or some older liter bike? My own riding ability or the lack thereof

combined with mountain roads which are not familiar... Take it easy. So you can accellerate 3 seconds faster. Is that what gives you a kick?

Getting to know the curves, finding the ideal line, being fast (if that's your thing) is possible on some bikes which are for rent!

I'm in agreement! I don't ride a superbike but if that is what the OP wants then that is what they want.

I was merely pointing out that all of the smaller sports bikes mentioned are as readily available as a GSXR1000 or Hyabusa etc. Or trying to make the point that they simply aren't available.

Versys, er6n, er6f are most commonly available. CB400's are too then you're looking at 250's in general.

There are, obviously, exceptions to this but not in the superbike category.

If there are then please somebody correct me as I know lots of people here in Chiang Mai who will be down to rent them almost straight away.

Edited by mrclough

Ride and enjoy it - it doesn't matter if it's a chopper or a crotch rocket or a naked tourer.

Being on a big bike is great. Just go to CM, rent one and fill up the memory banks.

Being open to the riding experience itself matters as much as the bike, you know?

Try what they have and you might find the locals know which bikes are best for the roads here...

Chris

"naught to 200 km/h in maybe 8 seconds."

8 seconds?! I guess you've never ridden a supersport... passifier.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris

"naught to 200 km/h in maybe 8 seconds."

8 seconds?! I guess you've never ridden a supersport... passifier.gif

And what is a supersport in your opinion? http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46982 says the

Honda Fireblade (not sure what year, perhaps 2008?) needs 7.46s.