Dry Pinto Beans

kikoman

I was hoping that some one would know where to buy packaged dry Pinto Beans, my daughter is in Phuket and coming home next week. She could bring some home with her. I know Dons foods used to sell them but I think he closed the Phuket store.

Thank you in advance for the information.

Cheerscowboy.gif

Edited by kikoman

Sorry, could not resists when somebody is seeking for Pinto beans voluntarily smile.png

I made this after an week in Isla Ometepe, Nicaragua.. where the breakfast was Gallo Pinto, lunch was Gallo Pinto and the dinner was.. well.. Gallo Pinto smile.png

Image75_0.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Gallo_pinto

I still hope you can find what you are looking for. We all have our own, sometimes funny, traditional foods.

Yes, Don's has been closed for a few years now. But they do have small packages of dry pinto beans at Villa Market. They're a bit hard to find though. I think they are near some cleaning products, not near the canned beans.

Sin & Lee in Phuket Town may carry them , they use to carry so many items. A shame,people

forgot about many places that were the only spots for ex-pat foods at one time; but the advent of supermarkets have almost closed most places !

i think the fact that there are 9 replys to a thread about pinto beans (including myself, twice!) points to the fact that there isn't that much interesting to talk about on TV anymore. and when threads do get interesting (or funny), we all know what happens to them.