Where To Buy A Pedicab In Phuket?

ThaiBurger

Can someone tell me the best place to buy from a selection of new Pedicabs in phuket? A friend of mine there wants to start a business selling food on the street. She is a very good cook.

She says she only needs a 3-wheel type pedicab but ... dont the really good ones look more like a cart, with holes for pots and heating and cooking?

I am in the USA so I am having a friend in Phuket buy it for her, but we dont know where to go. Is there a store? A warehouse? A shop?

Thank you very much. If you have contact information for them that would be great too.

Preferrably in Patong / Karon area.

Edited by ThaiBurger

I assume she is Thai and currently in Thailand. I suppose there's a reason you haven't asked her to do the obvious - ask a vendor with the type that she likes where he/she got his/hers?

Its a unique situation. I am having a business associate of mine purchase the pedicab for her. I will be funding it, somewhat as an investment. She just wants a basic one. Part of me wants to hook her up with something nicer. So I was wondering where one might go to get a decent selection. I was going to call the place if any one here can make recommendations, and see how much various types cost. Maybe its not like a car lot though, where you pick and choose. If it were however, and the price was reasonable, I'd probably have my business partner get her something a little nicer. My biz partner is busy, and I dont have the type of relationship with them to ask them to start walking the streets asking pedicab people where they got theirs. He will just want the address and coordinate the purchase.

I had no idea what a pedicab was until I just looked it up.

Agree with Petercallen here. Thais don't generally do pedals when there are engines available. Are you 100% sure it's a pedicab and not a salaeng (motorbike sidecar) she wants?

Peterc, there are pushbike ones around - similar design to the motorcycle ones (just as there are handcarts). Of course, the motorcycle powered ones are in the majority.

There maybe but i have not seen one in 6 years, i have seen plenty of handcarts though