Air Asia - Reliable?

sharastani

Looking at the cheap (and free) flights which are available - The V, P and J fares all seem to have the same conditions - Is there something I am missing? I know the baggage limit is on £15kg but excess is only 70THB or so per kg....

Also, I am looking at getting a late return from Phuket to Bkk for my onward connection (3hrs later) - is this a big risk as I'm not sure on Air Asia's reliability/punctuality.

Is it easy to pay at the gate if there are other flights leaving Phuket e.g. Thai Air?

Looking at the cheap (and free) flights which are available - The V, P and J fares all seem to have the same conditions - Is there something I am missing? I know the baggage limit is on £15kg but excess is only 70THB or so per kg....

Also, I am looking at getting a late return from Phuket to Bkk for my onward connection (3hrs later) - is this a big risk as I'm not sure on Air Asia's reliability/punctuality.

Is it easy to pay at the gate if there are other flights leaving Phuket e.g. Thai Air?

Air Asia is known for sudden delays and cancellations.

It is cheap and you get what you pay for.

Also you need to pick-up your luggage in Bangkok and push it to International terminal.

If you take TG they will take care of your baggage until end destination and also you can go through immigration in Phuket and in Bangkok stay in the international terminal.

If you have Air Asia boarding pass and your flight s delayed and you decide to change flight and want to buy a TG ticket after you check-in, it is not easy because Air Asia needs to search and give you back your luggage which might take time. With only hand luggage it is very possible

If you have an international connection I would recommend TG but if you need to take Ari Asia or other cheap airlines, ensure you have more than plenty of time i order not to miss your international flight in Bangkok

Edited by Krub