Open Universty In Thailand

TomTom55

Good da to you all. I have been living in thailand for a few years now and I have completed a Thai language course. Now, I wish that the laws and restrictions were a bit less harsh on farang with regards to work and career, but that is just how it is. I have recently had the urge to enrol in the open university and study here online in the field of bio-chemistry. Can anybody provide information about if this could provide an ED visa but also any imformation about using the open university here in thailand?

regards Tom

I'm not sure what you mean by "the open university". You use the definite article as if there were only one. Ramkhamhaeng is by far the largest open university here in Thailand, however I doubt they offer classes online. In any case, if you want an ED visa to study there, you simply have to apply and get accepted. Once you have your letter of admission, you take that and your passport down to Chaeng Wattana and apply to have your visa changed. They will tell you at that time if they need anything else to issue the visa. If you do it outside the country at an embassy I know the admission letter is all they need.

It isn't really complicated.

If you have another open university in mind, you simply need confirmation from them that they are an accredited educational institution in Thailand and the process should be the same.

licklips.gif Looking at that URL you provided I don't believe you will get a ED visa by taking their courses because they have a U,K, web address to contact them, Therefore I think they are in the U.K. and won't be recognised by the Thai government as valid...they weren't approved by the Thai Ministry of Education as a Thai institution.

I could be wrong of course, but check before you commit yourself and your money.

licklips.gif

Thanks greg. Well I have been doing some reaerch into science courses and I have come across this link. I am not too 'booked up' on online universities to be honest. Here is the link if you care or anybody else cares to help.

http://www3.open.ac....s/Thailand.shtm

You can study with them but the course will not get you an ed visa.

This si fine because I can continue to study thai at a new company starting from basics. Me speaking thai already will be a breeze to start off with. But you are sure I can study with them. Sorry for the questions, but what will it entail harry with regards to online/in lab lesson, locations etc. Sorry I am pretty bad at serving the web which is why I hope people here would have some info.

Thanks greg. Well I have been doing some reaerch into science courses and I have come across this link. I am not too 'booked up' on online universities to be honest. Here is the link if you care or anybody else cares to help.

http://www3.open.ac....s/Thailand.shtm

You can study with them but the course will not get you an ed visa.

This si fine because I can continue to study thai at a new company starting from basics. Me speaking thai already will be a breeze to start off with. But you are sure I can study with them. Sorry for the questions, but what will it entail harry with regards to online/in lab lesson, locations etc. Sorry I am pretty bad at serving the web which is why I hope people here would have some info.

That is the open university in England. It has nothing to do with Thailand. THe reason for the page is probably that some other courses require access for pracs etc which are not available here.

I have a better picture of how the sustem works now. Is there any universities in and around Hua Hin where I could maybe have a viewing at that anybody knows about?

Webster University. Your diploma comes from America as it is an extension uni.

http://www.webster.ac.th/

Earn an Accredited American Degree

Webster University Thailand

With its home campus in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Webster University is a worldwide institution committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.

Webster offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs through five schools and colleges, and a global network of more than 100 campuses. Its 21,000-plus student population represents more than 120 nationalities.

The University’s core values include excellence in teaching, joining theory and practice, small class sizes, and educating students to be lifelong independent learners, fully prepared to participate in an increasingly international society.

Since opening its first campus overseas in Geneva in 1978, Webster has become a recognized leader and innovator in global education, with an international presence that now includes campuses in London; Vienna; Amsterdam and Leiden, the Netherlands; Shanghai, Shenzhen and Chengdu, China; and Bangkok and Cha-Am, Thailand. Webster also has educational partnerships with universities in Mexico, Japan, Hungary and Slovakia.

Webster University Thailand offers

Undergraduate and Graduate programs in Media Communications, Business Administration, Psychology and International Relations.