Distressing News For Chiang Mai Ex-Pats......

theblether

The last time I was there I saw a bunch of British hooligans throw a bucket of white powder, water and ice at a motor cyclist who was blinded and then crashed and was injured. They just laughed and did not try to help him. I pray every day the the the monsoon comes early this year with a vengeance and rains solidly all over songran

cheesy.gif

You're lucky I'm thick skinned biggrin.png

Would you like any delicacies brought over eek?.....like tablet? or shall I try to sneak a haggis in?? what do you think? ph34r.png

Ewan McGregor?

giggle.gif

Not really my field any more.. Is there a difference between Scotch Whisky and Irish Whisky?

Irish Whiskey also has an e in it.

The main difference is in the ingredients and distilling methods. Personally I prefer scotch over Irish but it's purely a matter of taste - a good scotch beats a cheap Irish any day, and vice versa...

• Like 1

Is it true that the minute that theblether's plane lifts off Glasgow is throwing a huge street party and shutting Glasgow airport down to any further inbound flights?

Not quite.

The party is being held in theBelthers house.

• Like 1

...but apparently Chiang Mai is putting on a big street party..the whole city is getting involved. So i guess CM feels Glasgows loss is CMs gain. Will be officially starting from next Friday onwards.

(Oh hell, was it a surprise party?)

Edited by eek

Can't we warn immigration.

Hmmm....But theBlether, a cavity search IS the traditional Thai welcome for TV posters...

but would they find anything in the cranial cavity?

Deep Fried Mars Bar and a bottle of Irn Bru

^ Im sure some people would be disappointed if a cavity search wasnt a possibility upon arrival in Thailand.

I imagine some of the visitors might consider it a bit of a warm up, rather than a disturbing invasion upon ones body.

• Like 1

^ Im sure some people would be disappointed if a cavity search wasnt a possibility upon arrival in Thailand.

I imagine some of the visitors might consider it a bit of a warm up, rather than a disturbing invasion upon ones body.

I thought you were such a nice girl when I met you. How wrong I was ohmy.pnggiggle.gif

That and 3 dry days, ThaiVisa's server is going to crash.

I'm escaping tomorrow to the sunny beach. Few!

So happy to hear that those people here who have nothing to do but drink alcohol day and night will be facing a dry holiday. Absolutely what they need.

So happy to hear that those people here who have nothing to do but drink alcohol day and night will be facing a dry holiday. Absolutely what they need.

Yes, because Chiang Mai doesn't have super stores that sell alcohol by the truckload all week. And because there isn't a huge party planned at Huay Tueng Thao tonight...? :crazy:

Brilliant move by the way, because Huay Tueng Thao is military operated, the regular chickenshit police has nothing to say there. Som.. Nam... Bye Bye BIB.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It just occurred to me that you spend a lot of time on Thai Visa. If you are in Scotland maybe yu should consider moving here permanently. Rather than just an occasional visit.

Good one.

Plus the smell from the bottle might send him off lol

theblether has landed......you knew that already as you can see beautiful blue skies over Chiang Mai, I have that effect upon places you know. While I'm at it endure, no, Glasgow is in a state of mourning, and eek is correct, CM is throwing a massive party to celebrate my arrival!!!

theblether has landed......you knew that already as you can see beautiful blue skies over Chiang Mai, I have that effect upon places you know. While I'm at it endure, no, Glasgow is in a state of mourning, and eek is correct, CM is throwing a massive party to celebrate my arrival!!!

About time! What did you do, take standby seats on a 23 leg biplane mail service to save 20 quid on the ticket?

Canny Scots.

Edited by necronx99

About time! What did you do, take standby seats on a 23 leg biplane mail service to save 20 quid on the ticket?

Canny Scots.

Moi?.........surely you jest. I actually arrived on Tuesday and a few guys were waiting for me so I was straight out on the sauce, finished at 3.30am. Suffering since though crying.gif

@Harrry........I got my first soaking at 12.45 last night on a motorbike, I wasn't happy about it. There's a topic running on the issue in the General forum. violin.gif