Am I Lucky?

lampard10

In the eighties it was the costa del sol.

In the nineties it was northern cyprus...

but it seems that most of the british low life criminals are now making pattaya their haven!

lamps, sorry to assume he was a fellow brit but am i wrong? I cringe sometimes when I see how some of my fellow countrymen act when in LOS. I just hope thais don't think we are all the same!

Yep. I had a good opinion of Brits till I came to LOS. No more. Now I make it a point avoid them, even those who don't look like yobs or try to steal your parking spot. By contrast I'd thought I'd hate the Germans after watching all those old war movies as a kid. But by and large I've found the Germans reasonably urbane, along with the Scandinavians and Australians, to name the larger groups. In fairness I should mention that a Scotsman is among my best friends here. Is really the English we're talking about?

What a stupid post....some would say racist.....but really it`s just pathetic and childish :D

Hey he likes Aussies......fair go cobber..... :D:D:D

Hmmm Oz former (some say still) penal colony!!! :D:o

Didn`t most of `em originate from the Brits? :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it seems that most of the british low life criminals are now making pattaya their haven!

lamps, sorry to assume he was a fellow brit but am i wrong? I cringe sometimes when I see how some of my fellow countrymen act when in LOS. I just hope thais don't think we are all the same!

Yep. I had a good opinion of Brits till I came to LOS. No more. Now I make it a point avoid them, even those who don't look like yobs or try to steal your parking spot. By contrast I'd thought I'd hate the Germans after watching all those old war movies as a kid. But by and large I've found the Germans reasonably urbane, along with the Scandinavians and Australians, to name the larger groups. In fairness I should mention that a Scotsman is among my best friends here. Is really the English we're talking about?

What a stupid post....some would say racist.....but really it`s just pathetic and childish :D

Technically true..... :D

Technically true..... :D

Yeah Boss...but we got us civilised...you know... :burp::D

Today I did a pre-Xmas beer run into the wilds of deepest Pattaya. At my last port of call, The Friendship Supermarket, I paid for my goods with my Kasikorn card.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe, lampard10. I had my wallet stolen in Pattaya several years ago and so know what a pain it is to replace certain cards.

Let's hope it was a genuine mistake and the wallet is returned, although I think it unlikely.

Do I take it you were beer shopping in Friendship? I shop there regularly, but would never buy beer at their prices.

Just around the corner is a far cheaper alternative. The LK supplies to local bars etc and is the cheapest place I know of in Pattaya (would be pleased to be told of a cheaper place of course...).

You do not have to be in the trade to buy from them.

Heading towards the Sukhumvit on Pattaya Tai, go past Friendship then turn left into the first soi some fifty yards or less after the junction with Third Road. LK is situated at the end:

LKcard.jpg

Do I take it you were beer shopping in Friendship? I shop there regularly, but would never buy beer at their prices.

Just around the corner is a far cheaper alternative. The LK supplies to local bars etc and is the cheapest place I know of in Pattaya (would be pleased to be told of a cheaper place of course...).

LKcard.jpg

Yes, but do they supply Warsteiner,Erdinger,Grolsch,Copperburgs,Newcastle Brown, John Smiths,Tetleys, Paulaner,Grolsch Amber,VB, Budweiser,Guinness,Strongbow which are the beers I go to Pattaya to buy. By the way; Friendship does the cheapest Strongbow in Pattaya.And the wines in Friendship are some of the best buys around.If they do,and I can get everything from one supplier I could maybe get them to deliver. Cheers for that.

Edited by lampard10

Yeah I can understand that about the time Lampy....but he knew it wasnt his wallet and sure as <deleted> he was hoping for a windfall.....he stole the wallet...no mistake!!!

I'd have to agree with this... sadly I think your wallet is gone for good.

I can picture the scene. You say that the wallet was close to your hand. You probably set it down on the conveyor belt after removing your card?? (I do this all the time- will check myself from now on.) The guy behind you saw an opportunity and took it.

I really doubt any man could really pick up a wallet "by accident". I know my wallet by feel, and can find cards and things in it by feel / in the dark. Your wallet was probably fatter than his.

For what it is worth, the only thing I could suggest (too late now, of course) is that you might have checked the public trash bins within a one block radius. You might have found your wallet with the cards and info intact and the the cash removed.

Sounds like an overall crappy day, if this happened and then you returned home to find that your family pet had died. Na songsarn!

Best wishes for the year to come!

Yes, but do they supply Warsteiner,Erdinger,Grolsch,Copperburgs,Newcastle Brown, John Smiths,Tetleys, Paulaner,Grolsch Amber,VB, Budweiser,Guinness,Strongbow which are the beers I go to Pattaya to buy. By the way; Friendship does the cheapest Strongbow in Pattaya.And the wines in Friendship are some of the best buys around.If they do,and I can get everything from one supplier I could maybe get them to deliver. Cheers for that.

I also buy my wine from Friendship.

Just after I posted above it actually occurred to me that I had never looked to see what product range LK carry.

The next time I go, which will be in about a week or so, I will check and let you know. :o

The OP makes it clear it was an American who gave the barrage of abuse over the parking spot and nowhere does it even guess the old guy and the wallet were English.

I fail to see where he said the sreaming man was an American. Can you show it to me where the OP says this? He quoted the screaming man saying "you cun*s". Americans are not frequent users of saying this particular insult but I know Brits are. Americans say many other nasty things but "you cun*s" is not really one of them. Just not in popular usage by us.

Lampy, was the man in the car an American?

The OP makes it clear it was an American who gave the barrage of abuse over the parking spot and nowhere does it even guess the old guy and the wallet were English.

I fail to see where he said the sreaming man was an American. Can you show it to me where the OP says this? He quoted the screaming man saying "you cun*s". Americans are not frequent users of saying this particular insult but I know Brits are. Americans say many other nasty things but "you cun*s" is not really one of them. Just not in popular usage by us.

Lampy, was the man in the car an American?

The OP said:

I must admit my mind wasn't all together on things after the PIG we ran across in the car park. Six foot tall, six foot wide septic tank, who screamed abuse at my wife and myself because he thought we were going to take his parking spot. If you think your f*******g going in f******g there you pair of c***s youve got another f*****g think F*******G

coming. I've waited five f*****g minutes for that spot. Big deal. We'd just drove seven hours for it. People in Pattaya. :o

Perhaps you are unaware that 'septic tank' is rhyming slang for 'Yank', meaning an American. :D

Perhaps you are unaware that 'septic tank' is rhyming slang for 'Yank', meaning an American. :o

Yes, I was completely unaware that it was a slang term used for my people. Thanks for the language lesson.

Still surprised that an American would use the term "you cu*ts" though. That is not a frequent thing heard here in the U.S.

I agree with you totally TripxCore regarding use of the "C" word.

It is mostly Brits and lots of people consider it the worst of the anglo-saxon swear words.

As for the American using it maybe he drinks a lot with Brits and has picked it up there.

I know an American in Bangkok started using "arse" instead of "ass" through a mixture of being around brits and he thought it sounded better.

In ngland we used to argue at Uni over the pronunciation of "bastard" = southerners would pronounce it "Bartstard" while northeners, "Bastad" :o

The term I used to hear more for Americans was "Shermans" as in "Sherman Tanks"

This 'is Pattaya getting worse' issue comes up regularly. I don't think it is. It was always a venue for poonhounds lowlifes and undesirables, such as myself, and probably always will be.

It is also however HUGE with bars etc crammed in very corner so you can pick your places and create your own Pattaya as it were.

One thing I can say is that I have a friend who is a 'cockney geezer' ex-criminal type and he tells me that the big time Costa villains are looking seriously at Pattaya and that their bagmen are now regularly seen around town so something is brewing but so what? If it goes tits up theres always Vietnam or Cambodia.

Yeah a few of these ex-criminals about - most of them are abut the level of running up their own credit cards and hiding out in fun city ;-))

There is one guy doing this trying to sell my pal some Nokia 6680's bought in the UK on the "3" network today.

A quick google and it turns out these can not be unlocked as yet except by the original owner at the end of the contract or for a fee more than he is selling the phones for - end of deal and he wont have his THB for Christmas.

Well - he might if someone falls for it but "Dr Phone" is not finding an unlock code for these anytime soon ;-)

Prak,

Well that describes my chancer mate to a tee but he says the real big boys or at least their front men are here.

In particular one who is famous for hiding gangsters on the lam for a slice of their swag and a promise of future 'favours'. :o

Off to Walking Street for my midnight to 2am hunt for those who have not been barfined...

Loads pf chancers about as you say - a lot of them have seriiously burned their boats for pretty small returns such as 20K GBP on Credit Cards.

Well the real big guys keep quiet and do not get caught - you only hear about them if they made a mistake.

There is probably a lot of hard men about as well but its not usually them that make the big money and the real hard ones do not shout.

I do think Thailand is becoming more popular for those hiding out for Britsh Crims - its always went on I suppose and even Euro and US guys on the run as well.

Was the Max Factor date raper not found in the winchetster or somewhere?

Hope you enjoyed Walking Street - I am flying tomorrow and will be in Patters by Sunday for Christmas dinner at the Pig and Whistle then a night on the town ;-)

I have been shopping at Friendship for many years. I would buy 40,000 or 50,000 baht / month for a company I was with.

The working owners, a couple of brothers and their sister were all very helpful--and not only because of the amount that I was spending. Other people I know who shop there and have met the owners feeel them to be easy to talk to.

I really suggest that you speak with them and ask for them to get a still from the video and have it at each cashier's counter so that when he does come in again--and he will, that they know to hold him there. They are guards there, and if he is 60, he is not going to be able to run away from them.

I wish you luck.

• 1 month later...
I have been shopping at Friendship for many years. I would buy 40,000 or 50,000 baht / month for a company I was with.

The working owners, a couple of brothers and their sister were all very helpful--and not only because of the amount that I was spending. Other people I know who shop there and have met the owners feeel them to be easy to talk to.

I really suggest that you speak with them and ask for them to get a still from the video and have it at each cashier's counter so that when he does come in again--and he will, that they know to hold him there. They are guards there, and if he is 60, he is not going to be able to run away from them.

I wish you luck.

I told in my original story that was what we did.......anyway; update on the story. Today in the post I received everything back. Credit card, two driving licences, hospital; card all my business cards and numbers. Everything in fact; except the money and the actual wallet. Probably charged me for having to send it back.

Let me get this straight...Are you woried about the thais??? :o

.......anyway; update on the story. Today in the post I received everything back. Credit card, two driving licences, hospital; card all my business cards and numbers. Everything in fact; except the money and the actual wallet. Probably charged me for having to send it back.

Well at least that is something.

So who sent it to you?

Was there a covering letter?

I also buy my wine from Friendship.

Just after I posted above it actually occurred to me that I had never looked to see what product range LK carry.

The next time I go, which will be in about a week or so, I will check and let you know. :o

Apologies for the delay lampard, but I did eventually check out the product range at LK.

Sorry to say they do not stock most of the brands you mention, just the standard stuff.

They do however sell Strongbow at 2,300 Baht for a case of 24.

[They do however sell Strongbow at 2,300 Baht for a case of 24.

Special at Friendship...........1,872 a case. Don't know how long for though.

And no letter or anything. Just in an envelope

Edited by lampard10

...And no letter or anything. Just in an envelope
Not even a "sorry" for robbing you? Perhaps a Brit, but for sure not a gentleman!

More likely an English language teacher, unable to string a coherent sentence together... :o