Toyota Fortuner

Boxter

I've just ordered the Toyota 5AT 3.0L Fortuner. (Apr 2012) I've got an 8-12 month wait which doesn't worry me. Does anyone know why a) it it so long a lead time and B) has anyone got the new (facelift model) and how do you find it? Good bad or otherwise? Cheers

flooding?

what is the mileage on that thing?

That would be my guess as well. I wanted to buy a new Kawasaki D-TRacker last November but was told there was an 8 month waiting list because the factory was under water. Fortunately, I was able to find a 4 year old model with very low mileage for 56,000 baht less than the new model.

Our local dealer says they are focussed on making the Champ right now and has told us that June might be possible. That was a six month lead time when we ordered. It sound like they only have one line for trucks and SUVs. Hopefully for them they have additional lines up for their cars.

Yeah, with a year long wait you're pretty much looking at the new model being out. (Not yet the Fortuner replacement probably, but the Vigo replacement will likely be out, and the new Fortuner (or whatever it ends up being called) will follow not too long after.

I suggest you buy the Chevy Trailblazer SUV (also pick-up based, like the Fortuner). It's based on the new model, and vewwwy nice.

(Type "chevrolet colorado based trailblazer bangkok" into Google. Second link.)

Wait 8-12 months.

It surely doesn't take Toyota that long to pimp-up a pick-up truck. Chrome and plastic bling is for sale all over the place.

Hmmm, think you belong on the MU7 forum as you know nothing about a Fortuner eh. laugh.png

I've just ordered the Toyota 5AT 3.0L Fortuner. (Apr 2012) I've got an 8-12 month wait which doesn't worry me. Does anyone know why a) it it so long a lead time and has anyone got the new (facelift model) and how do you find it? Good bad or otherwise? Cheers

I have 2006 model and out a lot of extras into from 3rd party but my friend got a new model and it's quite a bit nicer. Exterior is pretty similar but more "masculine" but interior is much nicer esp the dashboard. Only thing I like from my model is its the last one with a tape player ;)

Used fortuners in Thai aren't discounted enough so Buying new is a good way to go. Resale prices aren't close to realistic depreciation schedules.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps they're running lower numbers so they don't get caught with stock when a new model is released.

Fortuners are already over the hill. They'll be even further over before you take delivery. I'm on my third and won't be doing a 4th. Not because they haven't been good. But because they're simply past it. A few tweaks here and there can only cover up for so long. I think they've gone one model too long. Or they should have opted for a major upgrade. Not just a cosmetic facelift.

They have enjoyed terrific resale. But this will change when a new model is released.

Surely there must be a replacement in the wings. But don't expect Toyota dealers to say anything. They'll be eager to clear subsidized stock.

Checked it (Chevy) on-line, no indication of price yet. I'm not currently in Thailand, just thought someone might know. Agree with comments on the Fortuner, pretty sure I'll cancel my order

'bout same price, 1.5 mill for the top models. Chev 180 Hp vs 163. Chev 470 Nm torque vs 343 for Fortuner. No GPS on Chev and don't know if electric drivers seat. 4 wheel disc on Chev. Big question is when will the IMV2 Fortuner be released and if I have the run-out Fortuner how much of a lemon will it be. Rhetorical questions I know but have to make a decision imminently. On on

• 3 weeks later...

We got a new 4WD V facelift model Fortuner late last year. As usual Toyota gave no discounts or feebies and a long wait for delivery.

After numerous delays and excuses we were eventually glad to get the car at all. The facelift is mostly cometic but some features have improved with bluetooth phone, DVD stereo and reversing camera nicely integrated. The dash looks slightly less cheap than before. The D4D engine is good to drive but the steering is a bit bland like many Toyota's and the ride is a bit rough. The Fortuner display says it does 10.7 L/km on mostly highway driving.

Resale of Fortuners has been very good in the past but the Trailblazer and soon new Everest plus new Toyota models in 2013 or 1014 will make it interesting.

Boxter, whay is the reference to 5AT? Ours is a 4 speed auto like Toyota show on the web site. Has the trans changed? Good luck with your wait....

We got a new 4WD V facelift model Fortuner late last year. As usual Toyota gave no discounts or feebies and a long wait for delivery.

After numerous delays and excuses we were eventually glad to get the car at all. The facelift is mostly cometic but some features have improved with bluetooth phone, DVD stereo and reversing camera nicely integrated. The dash looks slightly less cheap than before. The D4D engine is good to drive but the steering is a bit bland like many Toyota's and the ride is a bit rough. The Fortuner display says it does 10.7 L/km on mostly highway driving.

Resale of Fortuners has been very good in the past but the Trailblazer and soon new Everest plus new Toyota models in 2013 or 1014 will make it interesting.

Boxter, whay is the reference to 5AT? Ours is a 4 speed auto like Toyota show on the web site. Has the trans changed? Good luck with your wait....

Was wondering ****ing the same thing....

Can anyone please confirm

does the recent model come with 5 gear auto or 4 speed auto?

My daughter in Bangkok bought one, delivered in 4 weeks. She shopped around and of course a drink. cowboy.gif

Can I offer a drink? to get it? WHAT IS A DRINK??????

...it depends on the "rank"...starts with Red (Label) and than goes Black...Blue...Gold...and having Platinum(AMEX) helps too...laugh.png...no limit,Bro....

Edited by funcat

My daughter in Bangkok bought one, delivered in 4 weeks. She shopped around and of course a drink. cowboy.gif

In a man term, A drink is to satisfy the man desire, Don"t tell me your daugther do that in order to get a Fortuner, Are you kidding?

...it depends on the "rank"...starts with Red (Label) and than goes Black...Blue...Gold...and having Platinum(AMEX) helps too...laugh.png...no limit,Bro....

Ops, my brain is retarded, it take time to start, OMG,

Sorry it's a UK term which means ''A financial sweetener''. biggrin.png

laugh.png wow 8 - 12months wait on an old IMV platform SUV, thats like buying the sportrider in 2005. Id see what the new replacement will look like, or the chev trailblazer but if your willing to wait id consider the fortuner replacement because your setting yourself up for heavy depreciation, perhaps we may get an idea what the new Everest will look like this year, I check online but nothing concrete at all. That 470nm for the chev is a peak torque (good for marketing). Be interesting if Mazda produced a PPV of their BT50 like the everest I plan to buy if its ever made available....coffee1.gif Edited by caphant