Holiday Tomorrow The 6Th And On Monday 9Th?

uh oh...bad news for US expats that haven't yet filed their 2011 tax return as the deadline is 19 April...I saw on the tv that the princess had died but didn't make the connection with the post office closing...

I am pretty sure the main post office in Bang Rak is open every day including Sundays and holidays. There are supposedly other post offices which are also open every day including holidays; someone mentioned one in Ramkhamhaeng in another thread. There is a Thai Post Office branch land-side at Suvarnabhumi, level 4/opp. door #10 back wall/corner which is supposedly open every day incl. holidays. There are also mail services like Mail Boxes Etc., with many branches in malls and BTS stations which might be of service.

Can you submit electronically? File an extension?

believe 6 - 10th........ 6th is a Holiday in Thailand then

Mourning Period April 8-10

There will be a three-day mourning period in Thailand next month where visitors may notice some differences. Thai flags on public and private buildings may be flown at half-mast and night entertainment venues will be asked to suspend their business from April 8-10. Television and radio stations are also expected to alter their schedules during the 3-day period. April 9 has also been declared as a public holiday in Thailand.

April 2012 Holiday

April 6 (Friday) – Chakri Day

April 9 (Monday) – added as public holiday for the funeral of HRH Princess Bejaratana

April 13-15 (Friday-Sunday) – Songkran Festival

April 16 (Monday) – substitution day for Songkran

Thanks. I think that clears this issue up for me. Thanks for the info.

regarding filing dates for US tax returns, on the form f4868 (not on the 1040 instructions) 'Application for automatic extension of time' it is mentioned that June 15 2012 is the deadline for taxpayers that are out of the country...thanks to pmarlin for the advice...

Edited by tutsiwarrior