Can Anybody Recommend A Decent Mexican Restaurant?

walker600

I suppose there is Mexican food and mexican food. Are these recommended places real Mexican food or the Taco Bell version of it? It's pretty much the same as Thai food in here. Some restaurants serve tasty enough paper, but it still can not be compared to the real deal.

post-152375-0-98322300-1333674244.gif

Hello , just to let you know, Flower Foods selling BigBill's Deli or Diner Frozen Food Selections at the Deli Supermarket in Patong; sometimes has Shredded Beef Burritos and some other Mexican specialties from his Mexican excursion days!

Also , you can special order your favorite for your freezer at home. A minimum of 6 orders on most selections of special orders. Stop by BIG BILL's Deli in Patong or DeliSupermarket in Patong for our tasty foods , fresh and frozen !!

post-152375-0-16386100-1333674667_thumb.post-152375-0-58389100-1333674800_thumb.

post-152375-0-62523300-1333674305_thumb.

Edited by BigBillsDeli

I suppose there is Mexican food and mexican food. Are these recommended places real Mexican food or the Taco Bell version of it? It's pretty much the same as Thai food in here. Some restaurants serve tasty enough paper, but it still can not be compared to the real deal.

You mean real Mexican food as served in Mexico, real Mexican food as served in parts of the USA, real Mexican food as served in ... etc.

You mean real Mexican food as served in Mexico, real Mexican food as served in parts of the USA, real Mexican food as served in ... etc.

Real Mexican food sold by Mexican street vendor in Mexico DF :)

Real Mexican food sold by Mexican street vendor in Mexico DF smile.png

I think that is only available in Mexico. The Mexican food I have eaten in different places on the world was always completely different from the Mexican food I have eaten in Mexico.

Real Mexican food sold by Mexican street vendor in Mexico DF smile.png

I think that is only available in Mexico. The Mexican food I have eaten in different places on the world was always completely different from the Mexican food I have eaten in Mexico.

There are lots of mom and pop taquerias from southern CA, up the west coast, and in to BC, where the food is just as good and authentic as any restaurant in Mexico.

There are lots of mom and pop taquerias from southern CA, up the west coast, and in to BC, where the food is just as good and authentic as any restaurant in Mexico.

Thanks, didn't know that.

I spent quite a bit of time working in southern Texas (Corpus Christi), with it's abundance of Mexican food. I found that the typical restaurant food was just more upmarket than that across the border, and they'd be willing to compromise on taste by reduction of chillies etc. My personal favourite food was the tamales brought around to our office every mid morning by a local lady, fantastic.

Just as an aside to my comment, if there's a particular dish that you really want, dig out a recipe (virtually all typical Mexican ingredients are readily available here in Thailand), and make it your self.

Edited by pagallim

Don't forget Bluefin half way down Thaina Rd. in Kata.

Los Amigos at NaiHarn Lake also gets my vote. Both make food comparable to the Mexican food I have often had in California, which I recently read has become the type of Mexican food the world now identifies as Mexican food, more so than actual food from Mexico. (Ca's population now has more Hispanics than whites.) No, I am not including Taco Bell.

Los Amigos at NaiHarn Lake also gets my vote. Both make food comparable to the Mexican food I have often had in California, which I recently read has become the type of Mexican food the world now identifies as Mexican food, more so than actual food from Mexico. (Ca's population now has more Hispanics than whites.) No, I am not including Taco Bell.

Who is the owner/operator of Bluefin now? I know Ray got out some years back, I haven't been since.

Also, add Moo's Tex/Mex to the list.

I spent quite a bit of time working in southern Texas (Corpus Christi), with it's abundance of Mexican food. I found that the typical restaurant food was just more upmarket than that across the border, and they'd be willing to compromise on taste by reduction of chillies etc. My personal favourite food was the tamales brought around to our office every mid morning by a local lady, fantastic.

Just as an aside to my comment, if there's a particular dish that you really want, dig out a recipe (virtually all typical Mexican ingredients are readily available here in Thailand), and make it your self.

Please tell me where I can get New Mexico, California, sorano chili powders also tomitios, jalapeno peppers and other Mexican chili peppers? Terry

Please tell me where I can get New Mexico, California, sorano chili powders also tomitios, jalapeno peppers and other Mexican chili peppers? Terry

Of course, some fresh items you aren't going to find here (tomatillos as an example) for specific Mexican recipes, though there are a great many that with imagination that you will be able to. For very area specific items, particularly dried herbs and spices (you mention certain chilli powders), again most people I know either bring some back themselves or get friends/family to bring some when visiting.

Who is the owner/operator of Bluefin now? I know Ray got out some years back, I haven't been since.

Also, add Moo's Tex/Mex to the list.

I am no expert on Mexican food and rarely eat it, but i though Moos was tasty as well