Man Arrested After Taking Wife Hostage: Bangkok

webfact

Man Arrested after Taking Wife Hostage

hostage.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Earlier today, a drug-rage man held his wife at knifepoint. He was eventually tasered by the police after an unsuccessful four-hour negotiation.

At about 3 A.M., 27-year-old Sakdawut Ngarm-siri, who is a factory worker, took his 39-year-old wife hostage by holding her at knifepoint on a drug rampage in the Rama III area.

hostage3.jpeg

He demanded a taxi to drive him to see his brother in Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.

Prior to the incident, Sakdawut was arrested by the police for public intoxication and was bailed out by his wife.

After returning to their apartment, he got into an argument with his wife as he believed she told the police to arrest him.

His sister-in-law struck Sakdawut with a club which provoked him even more.

He dragged his wife out to the street and demanded a taxi.

The authorities had to shut down the road while negotiating with him.

After four hours of futile negotiation, the police decided to fire a taser gun at Sakdawut's back, bringing him down and freeing his wife.

The police had to rush him out of the scene, away from the angry mob, to the Wat Prayakrai Police Station while his wife was taken to a nearby hospital to have her condition checked.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-05

footer_n.gif

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ??  bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

If we give him the same consideration, that many gave to the farang on the BTS a week or so ago, then I would guess all his behaviors after being clubbed on the head are excusable.

• Like 1

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ?? bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

There is nothing in the story to back up his being drug crazed except his behavior. However, it does work EXTREMELY well as a news story and getting people onboard with more harsher crack downs on drug users. The guy very could be under the influence of drugs but he also might just be drunk or had a mental episode. Bottom line is it would have been nice if they explained why they were saying he was on drugs and if he was on drugs were they taken after his arrest for being drunk in public and was he still under the influence when they let him bail out? They have drunk tanks for a reason .. to let people sober up before letting them out to avoid this kind of issue (actually in the west to avoid the drunk getting into a car and driving and then having the police get their behinds sued off when he mows down some innocent family).

why was this guy not taken out by a head shot ?

4 hours in.he could have drawn the knife across her throat in seconds. she was low-so , so mai pen ri.

christ, i really hate this country.(then go home).

So that's how things are handled in your country? Remind me not to go there. Remarkable statement - not even considering the possible injury to the victum if the shot goes awry. dry.png

4 hours in.he could have drawn the knife across her throat in seconds. she was low-so , so mai pen ri.

loved this country to bits 10 years ago, now its just turned to <deleted>. sad, really sad. (then go home if u dont like it)

just thought i wud get in early with the go home shots b4 the rest did.

I really try to see the best in Thailand everyday, but by the evening i end up resenting the country and its people.

then I start again, giving thebenefit of the doubt.

Its like ground hog day here, every day.

No donot leave change the people who you hang out with and stop reading the newspaper. This stuff happens every where. The latest from the states was a buch of college students being killed. If you are from the states you cannot go there.
  • Like 1

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ?? bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

There is nothing in the story to back up his being drug crazed except his behavior. However, it does work EXTREMELY well as a news story and getting people onboard with more harsher crack downs on drug users. The guy very could be under the influence of drugs but he also might just be drunk or had a mental episode. Bottom line is it would have been nice if they explained why they were saying he was on drugs and if he was on drugs were they taken after his arrest for being drunk in public and was he still under the influence when they let him bail out? They have drunk tanks for a reason .. to let people sober up before letting them out to avoid this kind of issue (actually in the west to avoid the drunk getting into a car and driving and then having the police get their behinds sued off when he mows down some innocent family).

The wife's younger sister was interviewed in the Dailynews and said he was high on drugs.

• Like 1

loved this country to bits 10 years ago, now its just turned to <deleted>. sad, really sad. (then go home if u dont like it)

just thought i wud get in early with the go home shots b4 the rest did.

I really try to see the best in Thailand everyday, but by the evening i end up resenting the country and its people.

then I start again, giving thebenefit of the doubt.

Its like ground hog day here, every day.

Are you arguing with yourself?

I think they handled rather well. Did not resort to deadly force and everyone lived. Maybe dude will get off drugs now, maybe not. None of our concern and just be glad not your brother/father/son/husband. Police did what they are supposed to do.

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ??  bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

I bet your the life of the party wherever you may roam. Happy, happy, joy, joy! Who is the nutter??? Actually, a really tragic story and perhaps he was once a good guy when they wed. No need to be judgmental.

Taser used to end Rama III hostage drama

The Nation

30179487-01_big.jpg

After hours of negotiation, a policeman fires a Tasergun at Sakdawuth Ngamsiri, who had been holding his 39yearold wife at knifepoint on Bangkok Rama III

BANGKOK: -- A man apparently high on drugs yesterday held his wife hostage at knifepoint in a sixhour standoff with police. After negotiations had failed, an officer used his Tasergun to stun and arrest the man, whose wife walked away with just minor cut wounds to her neck.

The hostage drama on Rama III Road in Bangkok caused heavy traffic congestion on the road and in nearby areas. Police said the arrested man, Sakdawuth Ngamsiri, 30, went berserk after accusing his wife, Thaywee Naiyanit, 38, of lodging a complaint with police that led to his arrest on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting her in a drunken brawl.

Sakdawuth grabbed a knife and demanded to return to his home province in Si Sa Ket.

After hours of failed negotiation yesterday, police negotiators confronted Sukdawuth, who was holding Thaywee hostage near a traffic island, in order to draw his attention. A SWAT officer then shot him with a Tasergun while he was sitting, causing him to drop the knife and allowing officers to charge in and overpower him.

Sakdawuth, who has a previous arrest for possessing ammunition without a licence, later apologised to his wife and for causing traffic congestion. He has been charged with holding a person against their will with restraint, and (after he tested positive) using drugs.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-06

The video clip show on some news-shows shows the complete incompetence by the police to contain the perimeter, as both news-crews and civilians storm the site mere seconds after the man is shot with the taser.

• Like 1

If we give him the same consideration, that many gave to the farang on the BTS a week or so ago, then I would guess all his behaviors after being clubbed on the head are excusable.

What? No one was clubbed. Wrong thread or were you clubbed and therefore thinking irrationally?

• Like 1

Would love to see how much T money she would have been able to pay coffee1.gif

Stupid comments

What? No one was clubbed. Wrong thread or were you clubbed and therefore thinking irrationally?

Did you even read the OP?

Does anyone know what kind of tazer they used?

How hot was it yesterday? Perhaps that affected the criminal.

You can see people in the background looking on.

I wonder if the article picture was retouched at all.

Who else reported on this story?

What drugs are readily available in Thailand that, if used, could cause someone to behave in this way?

-- Just some completely allowable, only marginally related comments about the subject.

Did you even read the OP?

Missed that, my apologies.wai.gif

Does anyone know what kind of tazer they used?

How hot was it yesterday? Perhaps that affected the criminal.

You can see people in the background looking on.

I wonder if the article picture was retouched at all.

Who else reported on this story?

What drugs are readily available in Thailand that, if used, could cause someone to behave in this way?

-- Just some completely allowable, only marginally related comments about the subject.

maybe allowable but completely inane comments !

Bloke on drugs holds his wife hostage, for some imagined slight, police try to negotiate but get nowhere, so they tazer him

job done, move on

• Like 2