Phuket Gazette

baancamp

Hi there - read about phuketgazzette hacked - 2 days ago message told about the hacking and that the zite was updated the following 2 days - now the site don't show - error? Is the site still not working?

can't tell which is worse:

a. the fact the gazette can't get its own homepage up and running a week after a hack attack (who is their webmaster of disaster?)

b. the number of grammatical errors in last week's issue of the phuket news (honestly, it was rather comical)

c. the manner in which phuket wan's editor insists on writting--in both his articles and his comments (forget thin skin, his is transparent)

ain't phuket's news sources grand???

Edited by SamKong
  • Like 1

can't tell which is worse:

a. the fact the gazette can't get its own homepage up and running a week after a hack attack (who is their webmaster of disaster?)

b. the number of grammatical errors in last week's issue of the phuket news (honestly, it was rather comical)

c. the manner in which phuket wan's editor insists on writting--in both his articles and his comments (forget thin skin, his is transparent)

ain't phuket's news sources grand???

A. Just a classified.

B. Try to copy A. business model but miserably bad at it.

C. Best source for news for Phuket but the editor is a grumpy old man with a strong opinion but I giggle at his humor.

^ will respectfully disagree with you about the wan being the best of the worst. call me old fashioned, but i'll take accuracy over hype any day...

writting
whoops. looks like i'm qualified for any of these outlets' editorial staff! Edited by SamKong
  • Like 1

^ will respectfully disagree with you about the wan being the best of the worst. call me old fashioned, but i'll take accuracy over hype any day...

writting
whoops. looks like i'm qualified for any of these outlets' editorial staff!

The wan tackles the real issues on phuket unlike the gazette that has 3 news items and 1000's of ads.

Without phuketwan, you would know nothing going on if you relied on the gazette and news.

• Like 1

Without phuketwan, you would know nothing going on if you relied on the gazette and news.
i suppose if one took the wan's information as accurate, this might be true. i've been privy to direct information on 2 or 3 stories the wan messed up pretty poorly. haste is not the mark of a good newsman. nor is poor grammar. nor is selling out to advertisers. so, i return to my original point: phuket's news sources are pants! the whole lot. Edited by SamKong
  • Like 1

The wan tackles the real issues on phuket unlike the gazette that has 3 news items and 1000's of ads.

The wan is a single-minded rag with an obvious bias of pushing property/resort owners interests - no better than the rest in its reporting and the editor is sooooo far out there I'm amazed he can report on anything happening on earth!
  • Like 1

All I got for Christmas last year was a computer virus from the Phuket Gazette, the boys at BigC fixed it for 200baht. I did however land a great job recently in response to an advert they published. In my own experience they do struggle with accuracy sometimes, the fixture list and match reports from FC Phuket for example. In general the Phuket Gazette has been a good servant to the English speaking community and the educated among us will know it represents a view as valid as any other. Good luck to them, nobody likes computer hackers, and let us hope they will be around for many years to come.

i wish i could enjoy the low levels of accountability the gazette's webmaster sits upon.

just one more reason to sit in awe of the paper's owner. how on earth did he ever build a successful business???

Edited by SamKong

Well I have finally given up after about 20 attempts to place an Ad with this lot.

I have been trying to place an Ad in the free Articles For Sale and the Miscellaneous for sale sections for 2 days now.I post the Ad then a payment page appears then after 20 secs that goes off and a page appears telling me the Ad is now visible.But Nada.

I finally got a response from The Gazette telling me the Ad will appear when I pay 480 bht.

So does this mean there are no more free Ads or what?

I have asked them this but no response.

I have found a better place to advertise now.

All Ad's free with 1 photo free they also have premium Ad's for a fraction of this lot.

Check it out at The Phuket News

Oh and if anyone needs a Honda brush cutter only used 3 times PM me.

unless something changes at the gazette, something along the lines of new ownership, the paper and its other media avenues will die a slow death. i didn't like the phuket news when it first came out, but it's proved itself to be a better alternative for some time now. it still has a lot of room for improvement though. i hope the phuket news has seen where resting on one's laurels has gotten the gazette's owner.