Double Entry Tourist Visa Says "Enter Before April 15"

Is April 15 inclusive or do I need to actually enter the day before? I know the question sounds stupid but I seem to remember entering on the "Enter before" date in another situation and having no problems. Could someone who knows confirm this please?

Thanks.

The translation of the word "before" is up to the immigration officer that you present your documents to. I would use it literally and enter on the 14th to avoid any problems. Many will say that they have entered on the enter before date, but there's that one time. I wouldn't push my luck if I were you.

+1 for 14th.

"Enter before 15/4/2012" means enter BY MIDNIGHT on 14/4/2012, there's no ambiguity. If you could enter on the 15th it would say "Enter by 15/4/2012".

It's only open to interpretation by people wishing it could be otherwise interpreted...

• Like 1

Actually I have not seen any report of a person being unable to use visa entry until midnight of the day on the visa for at least the last decade - earlier they might say something but even then it was normally allowed. I would still advise doing a crossing a day early as you are then prepared for any last minute road blockage or such and have extra time. But if it becomes the last day I would try to use and expect it will be allowed.

Actually I have not seen any report of a person being unable to use visa entry until midnight of the day on the visa for at least the last decade - earlier they might say something but even then it was normally allowed. I would still advise doing a crossing a day early as you are then prepared for any last minute road blockage or such and have extra time. But if it becomes the last day I would try to use and expect it will be allowed.

Indeed... General consensus seems to be that entering on the "enter before" date is usually okay. My point was that doing so is reliant on the "incorrect" interpretation of the language, which seems to be the norm.

+1 for 14th.

"Enter before 15/4/2012" means enter BY MIDNIGHT on 14/4/2012, there's no ambiguity. If you could enter on the 15th it would say "Enter by 15/4/2012".

It's only open to interpretation by people wishing it could be otherwise interpreted...

That's NOT correct. It means before midnight on the 15th

That's NOT correct. It means before midnight on the 15th

Ummm... Okay... So if you have to do something before Monday it's okay to do it on Monday?

Actually, you might be correct. The immigration rules would obviously have been written in Thai and in Thai, for all I know maybe they DO mean you can enter up to and including that date.

In which case the English wording is simply wrong.