Suvarnabhumi Airport To Nana Plaza

Take the express train (or regular, whichever shows up first) to Phyathai station (90 Baht, 20/30mins)

Passenger bridge to the BTS station, take the next train in the direction 'Bearing'

Get off at Nana. (6 stops, 35? Baht, 10mins)

Take the express train (or regular, whichever shows up first) to Phyathai station (90 Baht, 20/30mins)

Passenger bridge to the BTS station, take the next train in the direction 'Bearing'

Get off at Nana. (6 stops, 35? Baht, 10mins)

Maybe things have changed in the last couple of months, but my experience has been that to 'take whichever shows up first' implies asking which train will show up first before buying a ticket - Express and 'regular' (=CityLine) go from different platforms using different ticket windows and different down escalators, so you can't wait somewhere to physically see which shows up first. There is no information about relative departure times at the ticket concourse level and asking in English usually draws blank looks. Try it but if you get nowhere then go for CityLine unless you are in a real hurry - it's only 10 minutes more and I think there are more of them than there are Express trains to Payathai. I would not take CityLine to the airport in rush hour but it's no problem getting a seat when you are going from the airport to town.

Personally I've never had a problem getting a City Line to Makkasan and catching a taxi from there to Nana (10-15 minutes about 50-60 baht). It's the only way that allows a stress free/airconditioned route where you can roll your suitcases rather than carry them (maybe I'm wrong - maybe Payathai has an escalator or elevator I have not yet found). Others seem to think that Makkasan makes for a long taxi ride or complain that you have to wait a long time for a taxi there, but I must have been lucky the 3 or 4 times I've done that.

If you haven't got to many bags the express train to Phai a Thai takes around 17 minutes. Change to the BTS line at Phai a thai which is a short walk but no trouble then get on the train that goes to Bearing and get off at Nana station which is about 10 or 12 minutes. I was in Bkk a few months ago and did this 3 or 4 times. You can also get the Makasarn train as mentioned in a previous post. The trains are fast and comfortable too. No traffic jams.

I did that a few trips back. Would never do it again and warn you against doing so.

You will probably have to wait ages for the train and then be cramed in with backpacker types with heaps of luggage and little room. YOu will need to change trains to the BTS somewhere and lug your luggage up flights of stairs, queue up and buy another ticket. Then get into another ice cold airconned train full of people coming home from work. Then when you get to nana you have to take your luggage down the stairs and along the uneven footpaths.

Best to get a taxi for 250B and get it over and done with.

just get a cab man directly from the airport...You will be in Nana within 30 minutes....No stairs no trains or hassles. You will pay 250-300 baht.

The money you are planning to save on this and that transport option could be easily off-set by an extra drink or two for a friend of your barfine...And they will ask you....

If you get off at Makkasan Station you can hop onto the golf shuttle bus. No, it does not take you to a golf course but travels the huge distance of about 100 metres to the main road where you have to get off again.

Bit of a waste of time really, but if you have some heavy bags maybe worthwhile.

Forgot to add that it's free.

Edited by rak sa_ngop

If in a sauntering and meandering mood and time frame as I often am, and if traveling with just a simple carry on as I do, how about taking the bus from the airport to Ekamai bus station. Then walk around the corner to the Ekamai sky train stop. Then take the BTS skytrain to Nana?

• 1 month later...