Internet Dating Or Goings To Bars.....?

MidlandsBoy

The logistics and comparisons of "Leasing vs marrying" are well explained with a dash of humor in the article in the attached link.

Paul McCartney learned the expensive way. But hey, he can afford it.

http://keboch.wordpr...-vs-purchasing/

those are the gold digger deluxe, to be honest, all girls like guys with money, but the paul McCartney lady, the Tiger Woods lady, etc, those just makes me sick, they are down right disgusting creatures...

Edited by ayayay

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do online dating - in bars and discos 90% will be working girls or gold diggers - respectable Thai girls either don't go to such places or only in groups and are not easily approachable.

On some occasions, girls are out to "get a falang", just to try. Can be the case in Bangkok with university girls going in herds to discos. Happened to me one time, memorable night. Just after the highest moment of the night, the girl laughed loud and exclaimed "Po farang!!!"

LOL.

That being said, p4p in Thailand is not the same as back home. Some of the working girls make very sweet and good companions, Just remember to keep your wits.

Or forget any advice and just use every occasion to go out, and you shall find what you seek.

<flame removed> 100% of the girls in bars are working girls thats where they work for christ sake

where do you get the 90% from are the other 10% there to study religion

You are flat out wrong. It shows how little you know about Thailand. I know at least 15 women who work in bars in the supposed raunchy part of Chiang Mai that DO NOT go with customers. And, it is men like you that give Thailand a bad name for treating all women like hookers.

You are flat out wrong. Thai females who actively looking to approach foreigners, do it with one intention in mind, get connected with a man who has money.

Some of them do it more explicitly, the ones you call prostitutes, others do it less explicitly, but still, for the same reason.

And of course there are shades of gray in between, but love and money is a VERY strong reason for the thai female to look for a foreign male.

Everyone who believes otherwise, are disillusioned.

Bars and clubs in tourist areas are no doubt full of hookers, but local places are not, in the main.

You don't really think every girl that goes to clubs in Thailand is a hooker ? You think all the kids at university who go clubbing every week are hookers/ gold diggers ? The local clubs/ bars/ restaurant- bars everywhere away from tourist areas are full of financially independant girls after men of their own age and only men their own age. Yes in tourist areas they can be mainly hookers or gold diggers, Hua HIn though away from the 'bar' area most have plenty of financially well off girls drinking in bars. As others have suggested he'd be financially better off with a different bar girl than getting tied down with a gold digger playing the good girl he may meet in a tourist place and with the places the OP just listed this is probably find due to being farang high places, but I'm sure they have places where the financially independant locals go.

Yes local clubs also have free lancers and gold diggers looking mainly for locals or farangs if there is any especially if you get out into the country, but the majority of girls in non tourist clubs/ areas are not hookers/gold diggers.

Edited by arthurwait

Bar girls are going to cost you more.

Not even close to the truth unless you hire them by the dozen each night. Try a couple of marriages to the tune of $150,000 a pop when you eventually get divorced.

There is an old saying that still holds true. Put a nickle in a jar each time you have sex with your wife in the first three years of marriage. Then, take a nickle out of the same jar every time you have sex AFTER the first three years are up. You will never empty the bottle no matter how long you stay married.

Why would anyone get married just to have sex? Just because you had a couple of bad marriages, doesn't mean that OTHER people can have a long lasting marriage.

Semper,

I am surprised you didn't know. Marriage is the last resort of the guy who can't get sex any other way.

Lets say you run into a woman that you have to have but she is not a bar girl. You up the ante. Shows, dinner dates, bling and things. Still doesn't work. Gold and diamonds. If that is a non starter the last resort of the horny gentleman is the big gun. Marriage. Now we are talking millions, sometimes support for a whole family for generations. Who knows, The sky is the limit.

When I was a single stud, I always found it easy to meet girls at shopping malls, Boots, on the BTS, at a market, on a plane from BKK to Chiang MAi and then on the return flight another lovely girl, the movie theater, the street etc. I think in my single years I went out on 1 date to multiple dates with cover 150 Thai woman that I met whilst out and about. u.

That is my advice for you - just get out an meet girls - and NOT i bars, gogo's and beer bars!

Edited by Koratpat

to all the flamers:

OP most probably doesn't speak Thai, and I have no reason to think he would be visiting "local" venues where he would be the only farang.

If he goes to discos where 50% of the girls speak English, chances are 90% are p4p or gold diggers. So he is warned.

And the bar scene has many girls who work there because they have to take care of their child(ren) and possibly parents, family, etc. and would be more than happy to stop it all for 15k baht per month to live with someone they love. So yes, money is at the center of their thoughts, but it all depends on how greedy and spoiled they are. There are many examples of long lasting and happy marriages with bargirls (and also many examples of the contrary, nothing new here).

To OP: online dating works, especially in Bangkok. try.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

I am planning on visiting Thailand for the first time next winter and am wondering what members think is the best for Thailand?

What are you interested in. ?

In the UK, the bar scence is totally finished for finding women and has been for some time. The ratio of men to women is never in ones favour and the availability of attractive single females is just not there.

That is not what my sons say.

The Internet dating sites do offer opportunity for finding females, but the quality is nothing to write home about.

You need help.

I not talking about p4p in bars, i just want to know which is the more effective in Thailand.

A bit of understanding the culture wouldn't go amiss. jerk.gif

It is obvious that the OP has never visited Thailand because he perceives that all Thai women are either prostitutes or potential prostitutes.

Well, I’m afraid that the OP is going to be disappointed. Of course there are some women of ill repute who use dating sites and there are also available prostitutes in Thailand if you can be bothered to seek them out. But this pertains in all countries and Thailand is not unique in this respect.

Some maybe astonished by the fact that it is still possible to visit or live in Thailand without ever seeing a bar or a brothel or women of ill repute and as I said, it is there only if you want to find them, the same as anywhere else.

If having adventures with prostututes in Thailand is all the OP is interested in, than I suggest that he simply do a Google search.

Khao San Road, they hunt in English speaking packs!

UK and Aussie friends are saying badoo.com is getting them laid and meeting dinner dates when they come over but is also littered with ladyboys and hookers

English speaking good girls are out there and maybe due to being out watching football most Saturday nights I've met many. Go to the right kind of establishments and you'll meet them (or come over as a desperate whoremonger!) Find a good wing-woman first and you'll meet tons more.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Some of the good girls going to uni that speak English put it about more than the BGs lol

If you are old they are all after a meal ticket

A lot of tired old cliches being regurgitated here. Everything from "respectable girls not going to bars & discos" to "Thai women only seeking out foreign guys for their money". It should come as no surprise that those writing these half-truths and out-and-out myths are the kind of guys who've had less than stellar experiences with women of any nationality and have emerged battered, bruised and hemorraghing money.

The younger generation have adopted many of their Western counterparts' lifestyles so it's complete and utter bullshit that respectable girls don't go to bars and clubs. Sure they won't be seen hanging off the arm of a fat British porker at "Gammy Gussets" in Patpong but go to the more upmarket bars and clubs and you will find them. Many of the respondents don't see them cos they either don't know where to go, can't afford to buy drinks in them or are too old to carry it off on the dancefloor. Avoid approaching girls in shopping malls though; it's just not cricket.

As for the gold-digger factor, well of course there are girls looking for money but, just as there are guys in the UK who prefer non-Caucasian women, there are Thai women with tastes for non-Thai or Asian-looking men. I remember reading some TV threads back in '08 before turning up at Suwarnabhumi and, frankly, if I was one of those idiots who really believe that as far as women are concerned, "you're paying for it one way or another", I'd have completely taken on board what was being said.

OP, if you take one thing away from this thread, it should be this: A loser with women in the West will ultimately repeat his failures here and chances are, they'll be far more spectacular. If you're one of those guys who thinks that all you have to do is lead with your wallet with the birds here, you'll probably end up writing the kind of nonsense some of the more jaded respondents to your question have.

• Like 2

[quote name=Thongkorn'

timestamp='1333799295'

post='5199058]

Why not stop in You own County and Pull the Birds "as you say" , Or do they not like what they see in you ,; What makes you think Thai Girls/lady's want pulling by Foreign people, Do you think they are stupid, they know most Western man are in Thailand because they have failed in there own country in pulling birds "as you say". Why do men come to Thailand and pick a girl up from a bar and then Judge all Thai Women the same . would you go to Soho in London and pick a girl up then think that all English women the same or Amsterdam, or Prague. Maybe if men have problems with women they should look inwards and look at there selves and there morals, and not blame failed relationships on the other party.

The purpose of my thread is to find out which method is more effective for finding women in Thailand.

It makes no assumptions about Thai wanting to be with foreign men and my ability to find women in the UK, is of no relevance.

I don't agree with Thongkran much but it does make a lot of sense to play in your own backyard until you are at least 50 years of age.

Thailand is really stacked against you until you qualify for a retirement visa. I won't go into all the reasons but they are substantial. Thailand is like Pandora's box. Once opened you are finished. There are threads on here daily for young guys that are trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear as far as jobs, lifestyle choices and countless other things. It just does not work.

If you come here, one of two things will invariable happen. 1. You'll fall in love or 2. You will fall in love with the easy cash for love facsimile that is available everywhere from bar to grocery store bagger. The West is never going to work for you again. You are ruined for Western women and/or Western life from then on.

Utter drivel, start to finish.

You are flat out wrong. Thai females who actively looking to approach foreigners, do it with one intention in mind, get connected with a man who has money.

Some of them do it more explicitly, the ones you call prostitutes, others do it less explicitly, but still, for the same reason.

And of course there are shades of gray in between, but love and money is a VERY strong reason for the thai female to look for a foreign male.

You are replying to the WRONG quote. I was referring to the comment that all women working in bars are prostitutes. That is flat out wrong... they aren't. Depending on the bar, a good portion of the women are working the "trade"... BUT NOT ALL OF THEM!

Yes, the actual working girls are there for the money. And, in countries where the majority of women are poor, the clever women have learned not to offer their services for free to randy, irresponsible Thai boys who offer nothing for the future, and prefer to pick and choose between a wide array of foreign men.

There's been an interesting array of replies to the OP's topic. And, with a few exceptions, there is a degree of truth to all the replies depending on the situation. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to relationships. There is every conceivable situation possible. The only people who are flat out wrong are the ones who say that there is ONLY one way.

Thailand is a great place to meet women, and the chances go upwards increasingly when you learn the language. But, learning Thai when your native language is English, is a slow, difficult process. That wouldn't fit into the OP's holiday plans. Thai women are no different than women everywhere... they would prefer an attractive man similar to their own age, and one who has a bit of money to spend on them. However, the smart Thai women have learned that young attractive foreigners do not stay around long enough to be a potential long term partner... so the women often go for second best.. some older guy who has a little jingle and wants to settle down.

• Like 2

There's been an interesting array of replies to the OP's topic. And, with a few exceptions, there is a degree of truth to all the replies depending on the situation. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to relationships. There is every conceivable situation possible. The only people who are flat out wrong are the ones who say that there is ONLY one way.

Thailand is a great place to meet women, and the chances go upwards increasingly when you learn the language. But, learning Thai when your native language is English, is a slow, difficult process. That wouldn't fit into the OP's holiday plans. Thai women are no different than women everywhere... they would prefer an attractive man similar to their own age, and one who has a bit of money to spend on them. However, the smart Thai women have learned that young attractive foreigners do not stay around long enough to be a potential long term partner... so the women often go for second best.. some older guy who has a little jingle and wants to settle down.

Amen

• Like 1

[quote name=Thongkorn'

timestamp='1333799295'

post='5199058]

Why not stop in You own County and Pull the Birds "as you say" , Or do they not like what they see in you ,; What makes you think Thai Girls/lady's want pulling by Foreign people, Do you think they are stupid, they know most Western man are in Thailand because they have failed in there own country in pulling birds "as you say". Why do men come to Thailand and pick a girl up from a bar and then Judge all Thai Women the same . would you go to Soho in London and pick a girl up then think that all English women the same or Amsterdam, or Prague. Maybe if men have problems with women they should look inwards and look at there selves and there morals, and not blame failed relationships on the other party.

The purpose of my thread is to find out which method is more effective for finding women in Thailand.

It makes no assumptions about Thai wanting to be with foreign men and my ability to find women in the UK, is of no relevance.

I don't agree with Thongkran much but it does make a lot of sense to play in your own backyard until you are at least 50 years of age.

Thailand is really stacked against you until you qualify for a retirement visa. I won't go into all the reasons but they are substantial. Thailand is like Pandora's box. Once opened you are finished. There are threads on here daily for young guys that are trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear as far as jobs, lifestyle choices and countless other things. It just does not work.

If you come here, one of two things will invariable happen. 1. You'll fall in love or 2. You will fall in love with the easy cash for love facsimile that is available everywhere from bar to grocery store bagger. The West is never going to work for you again. You are ruined for Western women and/or Western life from then on.

Utter drivel, start to finish.

You're utter drivel is also utter drivel beginning to end.

Without reading the thread itself (where does the time go?), I'd say both options have a high % chance of your house being sold out from under you without your knowing 3-4 years down the road when the 'honeymoon' is over. Enough has been said about bars. Well, internet dating IMO typically means the same type of woman who knows someone with access to a computer and webcam.

smile.png

Edited by Heng

Do online dating - in bars and discos 90% will be working girls or gold diggers - respectable Thai girls either don't go to such places or only in groups and are not easily approachable.

On some occasions, girls are out to "get a falang", just to try. Can be the case in Bangkok with university girls going in herds to discos. Happened to me one time, memorable night. Just after the highest moment of the night, the girl laughed loud and exclaimed "Po farang!!!"

LOL.

That being said, p4p in Thailand is not the same as back home. Some of the working girls make very sweet and good companions, Just remember to keep your wits.

Or forget any advice and just use every occasion to go out, and you shall find what you seek.

<flame removed> 100% of the girls in bars are working girls thats where they work for christ sake

where do you get the 90% from are the other 10% there to study religion

You are flat out wrong. It shows how little you know about Thailand. I know at least 15 women who work in bars in the supposed raunchy part of Chiang Mai that DO NOT go with customers. And, it is men like you that give Thailand a bad name for treating all women like hookers.

Actually I've met more than a few Thai girls who want a man with ambition whether he be western or Thai, they have enough money but want someone who has their own, or wants to work together for the good of a relationship. Maybe I'm just hanging around in all the wrong places but the majority of people I meet want a future, don't try and rip you off and respect that you're married and making a go of it over here. Then again 95% of the Thai girls I meet have jobs and actively "socialise" with foreigners.

What girl isn't into love and money? Love of money is when you have a problem and that's not exclusive to Thai girls.

• Like 1

Went to NEP for the first time in years, understand where a lot of the ThaiVisa perceptions come from now!

I used to go to NEP to watch the cats. There was a bar there, “The Cat House” they had an all you could drink beer special starting at 5 PM and lasting two or three hours. The cats chased the rats or each other or just slept on the roof outside of the bar. I would get hammered nightly watching the felines. I suppose people actually fall in love with women they meet in NEP but wow that has to be a strange happening. Rarely are there good things to be said for alcoholism but getting drunk and passing out before meeting a lady working at NEP may be one of them.

• Like 1

Went to NEP for the first time in years, understand where a lot of the ThaiVisa perceptions come from now!

I'm not sure where NEP actually is. However, every time I hear someone say sent from Android I get pictures of a creature from out of space. You know, the ones that come with scary movies.

Everyone gets perceptions depending on where you visit. If you followed me on my more recent trips you would think Thais all lived in Teak wood shacks in the hills close to some river in north west Thailand. My son who is a cabinet maker by trade would drool over some of those teak wood planks.

I'm not sure where NEP actually is. However, every time I hear someone say sent from Android I get pictures of a creature from out of space. You know, the ones that come with scary movies.

Everyone gets perceptions depending on where you visit. If you followed me on my more recent trips you would think Thais all lived in Teak wood shacks in the hills close to some river in north west Thailand. My son who is a cabinet maker by trade would drool over some of those teak wood planks.

Somehow I don't believe you here Ian - on my first visit to Thailand Nana was the first place I was taken!

Nana Entertainment Plaza :-)

Sent via Plan 9 from out of space by daleks

Where I am, probably same where you are, some nice looking girls poured into the Chang, Leo etc dresses and dispatching you drinks before or whilst you eat, a lot of these girls, so I am told are looking for a good foreigner, the problem here is that most of them dont speak any English so they start at abig disadvantage all they can do is smile and laugh. But it might be enough to break the ice.

Bar girls are easy whilst you have money, then they look for a new fish.

I met my girl on the internet, I was lucky, she is a "real person" ( I am not convinced that a lot of the girls in these sites are real ) and not a bar girl, been together now for 3 years and it gets better all the time, I have been lucky. I am told that lots of ladies locally want a farang but dont know how to find one, even on the internet, it might be free to join but the providers are not there for benevolence they make money by ads and upgrades.

If you are coming for holiday, go the bars, if you are coming and hoping to find a partner, then the internet would be a better bet especially if you are over 50 and maybe planning a big move for the rest of your life. There are some stunning girls here looking for some form of security without fleecing your pockets.

Edited by exeter