Royal Marine Was Scammed By Pattaya Businessmen While Serving In Iraq

Boater

The police can charge you with criminal offense if they think the accuser has enough evidence..The police can bring that charge sheet to the court.If the court accept then the accuser can use the courts prosecuter or find there own

And all this without the use of a lawyer?

Yes, you can go yourself to the police and file a complaint for fraud and provide evidence to the police. If the police thinks they got enough evidence, they will charge the person with fraud and possibly make an arrest. No lawyer needed for that.

You will need a lawyer to sue the other person if the police is not provided with enough evidence to make a police case.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if Dick will be getting a visit from Toby and a couple of his mates?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Don't think he will need any mates to sort stuff out. jap.gif

They look pretty tough don't they, in their unforms, with their guns. LOL. Dont you remember the jet ski guys in Phuket and the Royal Marines? Surely everyone has seen the BBC documentary and the Youtube vidoes? These Royal Marines shat themselves, they couldn't handle a couple of Thai thugs. They backed down, even the more senior sergent they called shat himself and backed down. They got stared down, they backled down, I bet they wouldn't even have had the balls to defend their girlfriends or wives against a couple of Thai jet ski thugs. Pathetic, pathetic spectacle of grown men, soldiers, no harder and tougher than women.

my my, a real keyboard warrior, aren't you. Give the guy a call and ask him outside if you wish to challenge his credential. You sound very like Eric Broder over at <URL Automatically Removed>, very similar writing style and also another who writes like idiot when drinking, I'm afraid

• Like 1

The police can charge you with criminal offense if they think the accuser has enough evidence..The police can bring that charge sheet to the court.If the court accept then the accuser can use the courts prosecuter or find there own

And all this without the use of a lawyer?

Yes, you can go yourself to the police and file a complaint for fraud and provide evidence to the police. If the police thinks they got enough evidence, they will charge the person with fraud and possibly make an arrest. No lawyer needed for that.

You will need a lawyer to sue the other person if the police is not provided with enough evidence to make a police case.

yes i did go police with a trasnsaction receipt from brazil to thailand account and showed them emails they were not interested they said it civil case.even though it wasnt because it was fraud.but they didnt care they said go get lawyer you not have enough proff

huh ? i gave you transaction receipt and emails what more proof you need.

Not very helpull.Maybe i understand them.They just thinking i another stupid foreigner who do stupid thing.

I guess they are right i am stupid

trusting people with your money that you dont know is stupidity i know.i not mind if loose 20-100 thousand baht but i loose 4 million

anyway karma man who did it had heart attack recently and died

Edited by Markland

They look pretty tough don't they, in their unforms, with their guns. LOL. Dont you remember the jet ski guys in Phuket and the Royal Marines? Surely everyone has seen the BBC documentary and the Youtube vidoes? These Royal Marines shat themselves, they couldn't handle a couple of Thai thugs. They backed down, even the more senior sergent they called shat himself and backed down. They got stared down, they backled down, I bet they wouldn't even have had the balls to defend their girlfriends or wives against a couple of Thai jet ski thugs. Pathetic, pathetic spectacle of grown men, soldiers, no harder and tougher than women.

Perhaps their brains came into play at what happens when the shit hits the fan and BiB and farang tussle eh. coffee1.gif .

You'll often find Royal Marines on R & R enjoying a light ale in The Classroom on Soi Pattayaland 2. A brave guy like you is doing yourself an injustice posting anonymously on here, get yourself down there and let them know exactly what you think of them.

On a one on one basis (as opposed to me in a go-go bar surrounded by RM's on R&R) I probably would say what I thought and assuming an average Royal Marine I doubt i would be frightened to go toe to toe with one of them.

But thats all irrelevant, i don't count myself as a hard man and I don't go around getting into fights. But that doesn't stop me from having an opinion. If I want I can have a negative opinion on Usain Bolt but that doesnt mean I think I can beat him in a race. And the opinion I have on those RM's is that they shat themselves during the jet ski gang confrontation.

On a one on one basis (as opposed to me in a go-go bar surrounded by RM's on R&R) I probably would say what I thought and assuming an average Royal Marine I doubt i would be frightened to go toe to toe with one of them.

But thats all irrelevant, i don't count myself as a hard man and I don't go around getting into fights. But that doesn't stop me from having an opinion. If I want I can have a negative opinion on Usain Bolt but that doesnt mean I think I can beat him in a race. And the opinion I have on those RM's is that they shat themselves during the jet ski gang confrontation.

Edited by LennyW

Topic Title says it ALL

Royal Marine Scammed

One of many ,pity he is serving his country ,but the reality is that being scammed on Real Estate Deals in Pattaya is NOT unusual.

The problem with "Fraud" is that an intent has to be proven ,therefore it is a Civil Matter. End of story. Not just in Pattaya either

coffee1.gif

Topic Title says it ALL

Royal Marine Scammed

One of many ,pity he is serving his country ,but the reality is that being scammed on Real Estate Deals in Pattaya is NOT unusual.

The problem with "Fraud" is that an intent has to be proven ,therefore it is a Civil Matter. End of story. Not just in Pattaya either

coffee1.gif

Not a civil matter. It appears that these were two UK citizens involved,it could be made out that the marine was BFPO,therefore still under UK law,and being defrauded through the internet ,be it the UK communications act .

Topic Title says it ALL

Royal Marine Scammed

coffee1.gif

Not a civil matter. It appears that these were two UK citizens involved,it could be made out that the marine was BFPO,therefore still under UK law,and being defrauded through the internet ,be it the UK communications act .

Good luck with that.

Topic Title says it ALL

Royal Marine Scammed

coffee1.gif

Good luck with that.

It would be relatively easy to prove intent,....his intentions were always as per his history ,always to defraud. Andrew Drummond could easily gather information as to this and his character,another feature the court would take note of were his close asscoiates, Colovs spent convictions would be disclosed to the court.

All the court could do is to grant an extradition order ,the Thais would agree willingly I'm sure in proceedings. He would be barred from re-entering Thailand,in other words it would be S..T off a shovel for them.

In the first instance the marine should seek the assistance of the UK police,they are well versed in crimes as this (they are superb). There are three cases I can recently re-call that the UK police have actively participated in in tracking down UK international fraudsters

You'll often find Royal Marines on R & R enjoying a light ale in The Classroom on Soi Pattayaland 2. A brave guy like you is doing yourself an injustice posting anonymously on here, get yourself down there and let them know exactly what you think of them.

I would expect the Royal Marines, like the US Marines, are put on strict orders while on shore leave to avoid any fisticuffs or face courts martial which could entail reduction in rank, loss of pay, time in the brig and other unpleasantries.

Now which course would you take? Face down some drunken overweight farang or simply walk away. Walking away is the braver and smarter thing to do to save a career, although not nearly as personally satisfying as taking it to the loudmouth.

I am not saying you are a loudmouth or a drunken overweight farang.

Topic Title says it ALL

Royal Marine Scammed

coffee1.gif

Good luck with that.

It would be relatively easy to prove intent,....his intentions were always as per his history ,always to defraud. Andrew Drummond could easily gather information as to this and his character,another feature the court would take note of were his close asscoiates, Colovs spent convictions would be disclosed to the court.

All the court could do is to grant an extradition order ,the Thais would agree willingly I'm sure in proceedings. He would be barred from re-entering Thailand,in other words it would be S..T off a shovel for them.

In the first instance the marine should seek the assistance of the UK police,they are well versed in crimes as this (they are superb). There are three cases I can recently re-call that the UK police have actively participated in in tracking down UK international fraudsters

Coloves apparent ? convictions were in denmark and he apparenty ? already did his time ?(according to drummond).Colov has nothing to do with the case his name wouldnt even be mentioned.

? you make it sound so easy but it is not.

Do you know colov is very close to the major.Closer then what some people think.Anyway i think you are right if he can get the help of the uk police then he might have a chance but that is going to be difficult to.

Edited by Markland

Number one rule in Thailand...don't do business with any farang businessmen as they are all a bunch of scammers, cons on the run from the law, and assorted other tossers. Don't trust any of them...much safer dealing with legitimate Thai businessmen and companies...and at least some semblence of legal recourse if things don't go as planned.

I resent that remark, though I'm not a business person at the moment and one reason it would be so hard to get anything going because of this twisted misperception..

Put enough mud around the subject and it will stick. Colovs past history WILL be brought up in court proceedings,it is up to him to put up or shut up,and being linked to the major will be no problem,the major will ditch him like yesterday if he smells a rat and Im sure he will,Colov too will be drummed out of Thailand if all goes well.

It is easier than you think to get this case moving,it is up the marine to make the first moves

Number one rule in Thailand...don't do business with any farang businessmen as they are all a bunch of scammers, cons on the run from the law, and assorted other tossers. Don't trust any of them...much safer dealing with legitimate Thai businessmen and companies...and at least some semblence of legal recourse if things don't go as planned.

I resent that remark, though I'm not a business person at the moment and one reason it would be so hard to get anything going because of this twisted misperception..

Hmm, I share farangbuddha's view to some degree. I think there are many dodgy foreign businesses in Pattaya. Better to deal with a legitimate Thai business than a dodgy foreigner, especially in Pattaya. Resent it if you must, but why is there this widely held misperception, which in my case is borne out of experience?

In any case, if you are good at what you do, it is easy for you to rise above the pack of foreign dodgy brothers out there!

We in Pattaya are sick of foreigners promising European Standards when all they deliver is substandard outcomes at European prices, accompanied by very Thai excuses!

Check you out! You give it all the large about going toe to toe with Bootnecks then backtrack a sentence later lol! Where's your courage in your own convictions man? You saw a couple of fannies on youtube getting scammed a couple of years back (their response was still correct however). And you reckon they are sh1thouses? 3 Commando Brigade is alot bigger than a Ginger fanny and his handful of sensible mates. They are from the same ilk who are bayoneting lunatics in Afghanistan. You ain't got the minerals sunshine, go and have a lie down.

Alright Lukey how you doing fella!

I do love these internet hardmen dont you, very very brave they are.......

Hmm, I share farangbuddha's view to some degree. I think there are many dodgy foreign businesses in Pattaya. Better to deal with a legitimate Thai business than a dodgy foreigner, especially in Pattaya. Resent it if you must, but why is there this widely held misperception, which in my case is borne out of experience?

In any case, if you are good at what you do, it is easy for you to rise above the pack of foreign dodgy brothers out there!

We in Pattaya are sick of foreigners promising European Standards when all they deliver is substandard outcomes at European prices, accompanied by very Thai excuses!

Yes but based on your post you do not agree, as again my post is not fully committed just as yours isn't, I'm speaking in general terms not firm across the board as the Buddha is and I'm more speaking of myself which contradicts his adamant post..

Sadly his attitude makes it veeeery difficult to rise above the rest since you never get a chance to do so in a case like he's expressing..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Put enough mud around the subject and it will stick. Colovs past history WILL be brought up in court proceedings,it is up to him to put up or shut up,and being linked to the major will be no problem,the major will ditch him like yesterday if he smells a rat and Im sure he will,Colov too will be drummed out of Thailand if all goes well.

It is easier than you think to get this case moving,it is up the marine to make the first moves

Sorry but i disagree.This is not western court.I would hope that you are right and everything works out but just to many tricks being done in this town

colov will never be drummed out of Thailand

that is just fantasy talk

Edited by Markland

Topic Title says it ALL. Royal Marine Scammed. One of many, pity, he is serving his country, but the reality is that being scammed on Real Estate Deals in Pattaya is NOT unusual. The problem with "Fraud" is that an intent has to be proven, therefore it is a Civil Matter. End of story. Not just in Pattaya either.

coffee1.gif

Ohio is absolutely correct. If an Individual in a situation such as this goes to the Thai police for assistance, the police will ignore his request because they consider it a "Civil" matter only. Experienced scammers with street smarts & knowledge of the Thai legal system & police practices design their scams (& target their victims) in such a manner as to minimize blow back upon themselves. The scammers know that with a well designed scam (having the initial appearance of a "Civil" matter only), the victims will probably forgo the expense, time & headache of legal action and simply give up, keep quiet and walk away. So if the victims have been targeted properly (not prone to illogical physical retaliation, for example), the scammer feels he has much to gain & little to lose by conducting the scam.

However, I am personally aware of a current situation, in Pattaya, where an individual (Let's call him the "Defendant", which is how he was identified in Pattaya court) did not get away with it. He (an expat Brit), & his Thai wife, currently have warrants (from the Pattaya court) out for their arrest, for failing to appear in court to defend themselves. Because the defendants have "Run", further testimony can not be continued, so a "Guilty" verdict cannot be achieved by the plaintiffs. The male defendant (the Brit) has perhaps left Thailand to avoid arrest (the warrants are valid for 10 years). The plaintiffs in this case did not get their money back (the defendants ran). However, the judge did determine the case to be "Criminal" and issued the warrants. If any one of the plaintiffs had individually by themselves approached the police for assistance, the initial review of the evidence, and the reaction of the police would have been as "Ohio" stated. The police would have ignored each of them individually, and considered it a "Civil" matter only. So then, in reply to "Ohio's" correct observation, How did the plaintiffs in this specific case succeed in showing the judge that there was sufficient evidence to conclude that the defendants may have had "Criminal" intent?

First of all, the plaintiffs had to each emotionally adjust themselves to the fact that their money was lost, but that it was still worth the effort to expend resources (Time, Headache, Money) to pursue legal action to teach the defendants a lesson. Notice that I said plaintiffs (Plural). The plaintiffs had to UNITE,& stay united (the defendant tried unsuccessfully to break them apart). There were 5 plaintiffs. There could have been 10 but some victims did not want to expend the resources, or were persuaded by the defendant not to join. Each of the plaintiffs had similar stories to tell the judge (ie, the judge observed multiple victims, each with similar stories).

The defendants in this case were running multiple, apparently "Civil", operations. For example, loan / investment operations, purchase (In a Company name) of real estate with little or no money down (but the promise of "Investment" returns), gold & foreign exchange shops, and selling investment shares in 3 beer bars in Jomtien & Pattaya (All with the initials "LJ"). The plaintiffs case involved only one of these four, seemingly "Civil", areas that I have just identified.

So then, in reply to "Ohio's" correct observation, How did the plaintiffs in this specific case succeed in showing the judge that there was sufficient evidence to conclude that the defendants may have had "Criminal" intent? It was the defendant's MO (Method of Operation-Ponzi), the continuous repetitive Lying, & the Multiple Victims that must have convinced the judge.

So, "Ohio" is correct, ref the "Civil" aspect. However, with effort & determination, multiple plaintiffs, when joining together & staying united, can sometimes provide sufficient evidence to show "Criminal" intent. This may not result in return of money, but it may bring a form of retribution to the scammers that might not otherwise occur.

A post containing personal details has been removed.

A troll post has been removed.

A post containing profanity has been removed.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

okay i will not bad language.Yesterday i talk with someone they tell me someone scammed them for.....TEN THOUSAND BAHT.....i smiled my reply was..ok you get scammed for 10 thousand baht oh i am so sorry for you but i lost ten million baht big difference yes ?

after that they ok about loosing ten not big deal anymore when compare with my story

my sad story make them feel better because it make them realise they only loose little little money that is not important

Sorry but i disagree.This is not western court.I would hope that you are right and everything works out but just to many tricks being done in this town

colov will never be drummed out of Thailand

that is just fantasy talk

...but it could be a western court. The fact the offence was committed in Thailand does not stand in the way of the home country not having a say in the matter. I have known Indian property fraudulently sold by a UK individual living in Spain being actively sought by the UK police, (do not know why Essex police seem to get the jobs,perhaps its closer to Thailand)

UK national defrauding anywhere can be charged with fraud,if there is connection to UK, phone,internet whatever usage to defraud Anyway Id rather put a bullet in the bastards brain

They were not going to start scrapping on the beach as they probably knew what the outcome would be. The older NCO did his best and avoided any unpleasant incidents. That 'rifle' the Thai man had was just an airgun but of a make that the marines were probably unfamiliar with. Foreign servicemen cannot take weapons into the town, Thai rogues can.