Reading Glasses

syd barrett

Has anyone experience of getting reading glasses in Thailand. I don't mean the 200 baht magnifying ones.

I want to go to an optician, have my eyes properly tested and a pair of reding glasses made to my prescription.

Also, any ideas re price, and any pitfalls or cons there may be.

most "opticians" here in thailand are not opticians at all but merely sellers of frames. the quick eye test as performed by nearly all "opticians" is not sufficient enough to determine the correct lens prescription in all but the simplest cases.

i have had several tries at getting suitable lenses made here, my prescription is not extreme or complicated, but until i went to the RUTNIN EYE HOSPITAL on asoke near the phetburi rd. end i couldnt get it sorted properly.trying to return unsuitable lenses to the shop often proved fruitless and frustrating.

at the rutnin i got a proper eye test, using proper testing equipment for all aspects of eye care. it wasn't expensive either. take your own frames and have the correct lenses made.

Taxexile,

Maybe you were unlucky

Maybe I was lucky ...

In my experience with a small optician in

Shpping Mall - I am totally satisfied

- just today I have a New pair of

Variable focal lenses - both of

which contain Prisms - (not a simple

prescription) - my second pair

from the same Optician.

Roger

Bumrungrad also has complete state of the art eye exams and they won't settle for less. They do want you to see good and feel comfortable with frames or contacts. :D

I got to go there in March cause now I cannot see very well now and is overdue for some new glasses>> :o:D

Daveyoti :D