Looking For Gym

bhatmasterson

Powerhouse Gym is a great place to workout. They have good equipment and the place is clean. It depends on what you're looking for and your preferences. Powerhouse is owned and run by a Thai, not by missionaries. It wouldn't affect me either way, however, I just go to workout.

I heard a rumour that the old Platinum gym, which was located inconveniently along the Mae Rim road, will reopen next to Big C Extra on the superhighway. This time Khun Watchara, who is the owner of all the land and businesses in and around Big C Extra, will be an investor. If true, I will be very happy. I loved that gym. It had great facilities and a very reasonable annual fee. The new location will be very convenient for me. My fingers are crossed the rumour is true.

Can you keep us updated on that Loaded

I drove into Platinum yesterday to see what was going on. Nothing. So much for their 2 month renovations, its been 3 now, the place looks like they just packed up and left.

I heard a rumour that the old Platinum gym, which was located inconveniently along the Mae Rim road, will reopen next to Big C Extra on the superhighway. This time Khun Watchara, who is the owner of all the land and businesses in and around Big C Extra, will be an investor. If true, I will be very happy. I loved that gym. It had great facilities and a very reasonable annual fee. The new location will be very convenient for me. My fingers are crossed the rumour is true.

I drove into Platinum yesterday to see what was going on. Nothing. So much for their 2 month renovations, its been 3 now, the place looks like they just packed up and left.

Is this the one along the Mae Rim road?

'Closed for renovations' is often a Thai face-saving strategy when a business closes. Hopefully, they reopen near Big C

Is this the one along the Mae Rim road?

'Closed for renovations' is often a Thai face-saving strategy when a business closes. Hopefully, they reopen near Big C

This is the second time that Platinum has "Closed for renovations". Their members weren't too happy when they did it the first time without telling their members who had paid in advance for the year even days before they closed (no refund policy). They did eventually re-open almost a year later in the same facility. I never heard about what exactly was renovated during that time. Perhaps someone out there was a member at Platinum and could enlighten us?

Loaded is right about the "closed for renovations" sign being translated "out of business" to save face. If they do re-open, wherever that may be, I hope this next venture is more successful for them. But I wouldn't hold off on a gym membership elsewhere just to see what Platinum does.