Akha Forum

erg

Wouldt it be an idea to start a hilltribe forum?

I am "married" to an Akha, without an ID card, and i know that in the north (chiang Rai in my case) there are many farang who have hilltribe girls.

Most of us are having a lot of problems, facing visas, buying land,etc.

I think a forum were we can exchange experience would be helpfull.

thanks erg

I think it is not worthy of a forum.. Afterall, how far can it go once you've expressed your experience? It's the same as being married to an 'illegal Alien', can't buy land/house, etc., and can be arrested for harbouring (I've know of at least 2 men who've been deported under this charge).. Not much else to say on the subject, it seems to me. Everything else seems better suited to a local forum, imo.

Good luck :o

I would agree with that....the hill tribe people have such a different perspective and tradition. I have read a little bit on the Akha People....it would be interesting to hear some more on their culture and traditions. especially pre farang times.

yeah id like to second this - it would make for very interesting reading

:o

• 5 years later...

Excuse me, but there are close to 400,000 hill tribe people living in Thailand and I think it is an excellent forum. The people who are not interested, let them read something else. There are more than 70,000 Akha alone, and more than a few married to expats.

There are few people who come to Thailand who don't know about the Akha or other tribes and MANY people who come to Thailand with that being one of their main reasons for coming, to see the hill tribe.

They are a major draw on Tourism Authority posters, and in Chiangmai, Chaingrai and many other towns. They have a long history in Thailand. Start a forum and see how it runs, I think you will be surprised.