Easter

Gonzo the Face

Easter?

I guess so; most of the traditional Western holidays I catch because the kids hear about it in school, but Easter is during the big summer break, so ...

I guess I did have an egg in the morning.. A Thai Cha-Om omelet.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Easter?

I guess so; most of the traditional Western holidays I catch because the kids hear about it in school, but Easter is during the big summer break, so ...

I guess I did have an egg in the morning.. A Thai Cha-Om omelet.

Was it colored?

Well, Phak Cha Om is green. Egg is yellowy. I guess it was kind of colored.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun WTK,

Nice picture. May I ask if this was home-made, or, if not, what restaurant you were at (I assume you took the photo), that served this ?

thanks, ~o:37;

Made it myself. Just a matter of removing the hard stems and leaving the young ones. (If you bend the stem and it breaks then it's good. If you bend it and it doesn't break then discard that part.) Then beat 2 eggs, add soi sauce and some Ros Dee powder, stir in the cha om vegetable. Fry in oil on both sides until golden brown.

Cha Om is sol at all markets at 5 baht (or less) for a bunch.

But the prepared dish is also often sold at markets, and some daytime 'curry over rice' shops.

1245921792.jpg

1245921936.jpg

1245921954.jpg

1245922009.jpg

Vegetarian too. (Not in the Thai sense of course, it's not Jay / Bhuddist-Vegan)

• Like 1

AThai Visa cooking forum would be a fantastic idea, having just drooled over the above photos; whereby we show our favourite dishesor ones prepared professionally...............

...........back to the Easter topic.. just had a week in the UK, staying with my mother; as I left I asked her who the chocolate Easter egg was for..."its for you"......"mum its 35 degrees and rising in Thailand; everything in my bag will be covered in chocolate before i even get out of the airport"

"oh! well what am I going to do with it??" derrrrrrrrrrrr,

mothers...glad i still have mine.

• Like 1

A Very Happy Easter to you and your family too Gonzo, my old friend!

As one of those strange beings that does believe in The Resurrection, I went to Easter Sunday Mass yesterday and after praising The Lord, went out with Mrs Millwall_fan, Junior and assorted relatives for a very nice Easter Sunday lunch at Yummy Pizza on the Canal Rd, accompanied by most of the contents of the Rimping Supermarket's excellent 3 for a 1,000B, wine offers, followed by a few pints of Kilkenny back at The Olde Bell, before going to bed for a rare early night - out of respect for the late Princess. A fine day!!

There being no Easter Eggs available in Thailand, Junior is having to wait until later in the week for his Easter Egg which is being specially flown in from Australia.

PS Those who have so childishly blackened this thread with a red herring about green noodles will have to answer for their actions on Judgement Day!!

Yes, I wish I had joined the Easter exodus... Easter has just gotten WAY out of control in recent years. It used to be a respectful celebration with a religious focus, but now look at it.

http://www.theaggregate.net/2012/04/famous-movie-characters-as-easter-eggs/

http://www.geekrest....und-on-the-web/

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

We celebrate Jesus brutally dying on the cross by getting a giant bunny rabbit to hide chocolate eggs.

I can't help but feel there is a massive gap in information somewhere.

Just means easter is a pre-christo spring fertility ritual. Bunnies and eggs are both potent symbols of procreation, and springtime.

AThai Visa cooking forum would be a fantastic idea, having just drooled over the above photos; whereby we show our favourite dishesor ones prepared professionally...............

...........back to the Easter topic.. just had a week in the UK, staying with my mother; as I left I asked her who the chocolate Easter egg was for..."its for you"......"mum its 35 degrees and rising in Thailand; everything in my bag will be covered in chocolate before i even get out of the airport"

"oh! well what am I going to do with it??" derrrrrrrrrrrr,

mothers...glad i still have mine.

There already is a forum for food and cooking. One for western food, one for Thai food.

.... snip ... childishly blackened this thread with a red herring about green noodles

Sawasdee Bee Mai, Khun MillWall_Fan,

What delicious turn of phrase Thou hast rendered above ! And a heart-warming story, all the way around. But one question: why are there no "Easter Eggs" in Thailand ?

best, ~o:37;

.... snip ... childishly blackened this thread with a red herring about green noodles

What delicious turn of phrase Thou hast rendered above ! And a heart-warming story, all the way around. But one question: why are there no "Easter Eggs" in Thailand ?

one suspects its due to a lack of Easter bunnies to lay them. Orang. No chocolate bunnies, no Easter Eggs - its all about life cycles. That and the fact that Easter eggs would soon lose their shape in da tropicarl sun.

I have to admit I agree with orang here.

Millwall, nice oratorical turn of phrase. You're not a Welshman, by any chance?

:)