Sunday Roast

Kananga

I did the obligatory search and could only dig up something from 2009 on the best Sunday Roast in Bangkok.

As I am now lusting after one I thought I would stir the gravy boat and see what has changed in the last 3 years. Much it would seem.

So, what would be the personal recommendations? The only criteria for me are preferably roast beef and definitely yorkshire pudding?

The Londoner is pretty good. They have a buffet style roast dinner on Sundays. Roast beef, Chicken, Ham, etc and yorkshire puddings along with a selection of nice tasting gravy's. For me the most important part of a meal is the gravy / sauce, that makes or breaks it.

I've been going there most weeks for months now, in fact I went there today. It costs about 470 Baht if I remember correctly.

I use the Huntsman for Sunday roast. Buffet style with roast beef, chicken, pork includes Yorkshire Pud some scampi, Good salad bar and hot veg, Beef & Guinness stew, Indian style Chicken. Ice cream and other sweets. Menu also available for wife to eat Thai style. Basement of Landmark SKV Soi 6- 4. About 5-600 Bt can include drinks.

I used to be a regular at The Huntsman but I thought it went downhill when the last manager left.

We now go to The Londoner, which I think has a better spead, if I'm going for a roast I don't really want stew - but each to their own, I also think the quality, price and atmosphere are better.