Cat Bit And Hit Me

JensdeJong

Hi

So yesterday a cat bit me and hit me with his feet

I dont have any scratches or whatever should I check?

Happened 12 hours ago

Google feline hiv

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Edited by metisdead
Reply to post removed from quoted post.

If it would happen to me, I would clean the affected areas (even if the skin didn't break or have scratches) with cotton wool with some medicinal alcohol (sold at every 7/11 in small bottles)

• Like 1

Okay thought so but wasnt sure

Had some scratches from the days before but they were still ''crusty'' after it

What would you do?

When was your latest tetanus vaccination? should be repeated every 10 years (for adults) and then you should be ok - but check with your doctor if there is any inflammation growing around the scratches

Can you remember how many legs it had?

If it had 4 legs I would wear a flea collar for 1 week.

If it had 2 legs I would make a HIV test.

As well I recommend a martial art training, so that you don't loose against a 2 kg animal, again.

...maybe it was a lion

If you are at all worried then just go to any pharmacy and ask for some antibiotics. Bites are not usually infectious. Claw scratches might be if the cat is a hunter and kills rats and mice.

I would be a little more worried if you were bitten and clawed by my cat... But he doesn't usually leave any remains afterwards.

Tiger_E.sized.jpg

• Like 1

Haha yeah

It had 4 legs

I think I got a vaccination for DTP or something last month

But being afraid of rabbies or smth is useless?

It is not at all useless. If the animal bit you and broke the skin then you should to any hospital and they will start the rabies shots. My son had to have them when bitten by a neighbors dog.

• Like 1

1. Has the cat been vaccinated for rabies? (assume not if it was a stray, othe3rwise ask the owner)?

2. How did the bit come about i.e were you playing with or annoying the cat or did it seem unprovoked?

3. Was the cat acting strangely in any way?

4. Did the bite break the skin (sounds like not?)

If the bite broke the skin and the cat is not vaccinated, and especially if in addition it was an unprovoked bite from a cat acting strabnegly then rabies prophylaxis may be advisable.

If the bite did not break the skin, and/or the cat is vaccinated, no need.

Hi

1: I dont know

Probably not since it is in Thailand and I dont think it lived in a house or smth

2: I tried to stroke the cat since he was walking near me and seemed nice

3: Yeah a bit like he was a little bit drunk or something haha

4: No he did not it was a very soft bite and scratch

Thanks guys/girls

Can you remember how many legs it had?

If it had 4 legs I would wear a flea collar for 1 week.

If it had 2 legs I would make a HIV test.

As well I recommend a martial art training, so that you don't loose against a 2 kg animal, again.

...maybe it was a lion

yes we should add the question: more or less than 100 kg (for both 4 and 2 leg version)

Anyway I think an amputation of the scratched hand should be done.

You might have learned a lesson cheaply. Don't mess with stray cats. I've read so many posts where people have had problems trying to pet stray cats...or dogs.

One of our mods, Rimmer, still has a huge scar on his leg where a stray cat nailed him. And yes, had to go to the hospital, get the shots, get it cleaned out, etc. Painful and expensive. Rimmer has 10 or so cats already, so he's quite good around them. Ya just never know.

Worried about FIV? Only if you are a cat.

If it did not break skin then don't worry. Just wash up.

I pet the pussies around my talad often and get the bite or scratch once in a while. Never a problem.

If they are rabied, you will know when you meet them. They ate similar to the typical drunk expat in nana.

You cannot necessarily tell if a cat is rabid from its behavior. Obviously crazy/unusually aggressive behavior makes it more likely but the absence of same doesn't completely rule it out.

But if the skin was not broken, no problem.

Sounds like it was just a warning bite, cat's way of saying "leave me alone or else..". When a cat truly intends to bite you, you'll know it and skin will definitely be broken. To bite without breaking the skin they have to intentionally limit the force. Cats used to people will often do that as a way of deterring something they don't like but realize is not a serious threat.

a cat bit me about 40 years ago in California...I was working in the garden and an unknown tomcat was perched on the fence and watching me and I thought that he was being companionable...and I reached up to give him a scratch behind the ears and the bastid bit me...no broken skin but I was shocked...now I only pay attention to the females...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

a cat bit me about 40 years ago in California...I was working in the garden and an unknown tomcat was perched on the fence and watching me and I thought that he was being companionable...and I reached up to give him a scratch behind the ears and the bastid bit me...no broken skin but I was shocked...now I only pay attention to the females...

what an horrible experience!

Just keep an eye on the cat for a few days if possible,if no strange behaviour should be OK. I used to get whacked on a regular basis by rabid dogs helping out at rescue centre in sub continent, not quick enough with the pole,overdosed on anti rabies vaccine many times Felt sorry for people in remote villages though writhing on the ground because of the infection,took a couple of days to die,what a way to go

Edited by 23962323

:(

Cant really watch the cat tho since I was during a bus top and probably wont ever see that cat again

I will just pay attention to my leg and myself

Although im always paranoid about unnecessary fear such as this probably

Thanks for the replies

Id keep an eye out for signs of cat scratch fever, its not just a catchy song! Friend in high school got it from his cat after it had kneaded (sp?) on him. He just was extremely tired and almost flu like feeling for a bit.