The Importance Of Rebar Size And Spacing

yankee99

I have just received a quote from IMHO the most well known pool company in pattaya. The quote was well presented and the price good! I did notice the spec on the rebar was confusing and seem to be less then others talk about....see below

Pool structure will be Cpac waterproof mixed concrete 0.25 m.

Floor and Wall steel D.10 mm, R 9 mm @0.20 m

What is D and R stand for? I assume .20 is the spacing? Of course i will ask...

FYI this pool is going to be on bored pilings kidney 7.5x4m

My question is number 12 needed @ 15cm or is this overkill? It seems a lot of people think more is better. I personaly just want the pool to live as long as i do.......

i just build my own pool ready 10 x 4.5 m deep 1.5 m

rebar the question is one or dubbel layer?

if choose dubbel layer 20 x 20 cm is ok put the second layer in the middel of the first one and the distance between the steel rods is 10-12 cm

i took the 9 mm strong one in dubbel layer mase 20 cm. and concrete 20 cm for walls and 25 for the bottem ( no piling or beams needed overhere)

choice off the rebar you can buy different strengths in different size so 12 mm strong or 12 mm miner quality

the 12 mm min looks about the same as 9 mm strong one. read the text on the end of the rebar such as SD 24 and test the rebar by trying to bent it with your bear hands. ther is a lot off fake steel in thailand sold for the quality one. so look for a reliable shop,

good luck

i just build my own pool ready 10 x 4.5 m deep 1.5 m

rebar the question is one or dubbel layer?

if choose dubbel layer 20 x 20 cm is ok put the second layer in the middel of the first one and the distance between the steel rods is 10-12 cm

i took the 9 mm strong one in dubbel layer mase 20 cm. and concrete 20 cm for walls and 25 for the bottem ( no piling or beams needed overhere)

choice off the rebar you can buy different strengths in different size so 12 mm strong or 12 mm miner quality

the 12 mm min looks about the same as 9 mm strong one. read the text on the end of the rebar such as SD 24 and test the rebar by trying to bent it with your bear hands. ther is a lot off fake steel in thailand sold for the quality one. so look for a reliable shop,

good luck

I have talked with the builder and they confirm what you are saying regarding 3 types of rebar........Yes it is a double layer. I assumed they maybe giving me a lesser quality as i wanted a good price. They assured me it is the same rebar they use in all their construction......

• 3 months later...

Global House around 10 days ago:

3.4mm, 20x20cm, 2.5x5, Bt275

3.4mm, 20x20cm, 3x5m, Bt329

3.4mm, 20x20cm, 3x50m, Bt3,320

4.0mm, 20x20cm, 3.5x50m, Bt3,775

6mm, SR24, Bt57

9mm, SR24, Bt126

12mm, SD40, Bt219

16mm, SD40, Bt387

S=Billet Steel, R=Round, D=Deformed