Wonderful Beach

Simbo

Got any pic's of the Beaches?

I think this is the one Simbo is on about. I went last year, nice, the Thai's seem to love it there.

This is Nang Ram (lam) beach, named after the island. Farangs welcome if you give me a break by looking after my baby :o

Photo.

seems like a small price to pay to play at the beach.

PKG

Got any pic's of the Beaches?

I think this is the one Simbo is on about. I went last year, nice, the Thai's seem to love it there.

This is Nang Ram (lam) beach, named after the island. Farangs welcome if you give me a break by looking after my baby :o

Photo.

seems like a small price to pay to play at the beach.

PKG

The beach is about 10 minutes from kilo sip. If you want to see photos of the area google "sattahip photos", but most are of course navy related.

oh! I forgot, the beach names are Nang Long and Nang Lam.

Haat Nang Ram......"The Beach of the Dancing Lady". The name was taken from the statue of the dancing woman on the road near to the beach.

.....but take care as the water is full of large black spiny sea urchins. I've seen two different swimmers leave the water in agony as a foot has been impaled with numerous black spines. Help came from the local Thai Navy personnel. The first victim's foot was tapped with an empty beer bottle to break the spines into many small pieces. This allowed the swimmer to walk.

The second victim was advised to urinate on his foot as the slightly acidic nature of urine is supposed to soften and dissolve the surface of the spines. This worked and most of the spines were able to be shaken out. :o

Have visited all the previously mentioned and depicted beaches on this thread, but we visited this one for the first time the other day and found it absolutely splendid...

a truly rare find for Chonburi province...

unpolluted and very clean...

uncrowded...

very scenic...

and just out of curiosity... timed the distance on the way back through town...

it was exactly 32 minutes from here to the Sukhumwit and Pattaya Tai intersection...

post-9005-1135937566_thumb.jpg

view looking down the coast

post-9005-1135938125_thumb.jpg

view looking up the coast

The downside is... We were able to visit only while it was open for a special occasion... :o

Have visited all the previously mentioned and depicted beaches on this thread, but we visited this one for the first time the other day and found it absolutely splendid... 

uncrowded...

very scenic...

it was exactly 32 minutes from here to the Sukhumwit and Pattaya Tai intersection...

The downside is... We were able to visit only while it was open for a special occasion...  :o

Yes John, I think I recognise this beach. It's called Haat Yao and the World Scout Jamboree was held there in December 2002 - January 2003. The beach is normally out-of-bounds to the public but I was lucky to be invited there by some US military friends who were helping with the security arrangements prior to the Jamboree. It is idyllic.....and it will stay that way as long as it is closed to the general public.

uncrowded...

very scenic...

The downside is... We were able to visit only while it was open for a special occasion...  :D

Yes John, I think I recognise this beach. It's called Haat Yao and the World Scout Jamboree was held there in December 2002 - January 2003. The beach is normally out-of-bounds to the public but I was lucky to be invited there by some US military friends who were helping with the security arrangements prior to the Jamboree. It is idyllic.....and it will stay that way as long as it is closed to the general public.

Gosh... ding ding ding... we have a winner.... and so quickly... :D

very difficult to stump the contestants on thaivisa...

it is indeed Had Yao (choose the spelling transliteration of your choice)...

and it was back open for a few days for the Scout Jamboree 2005... (a great bunch of people,btw)

:o

great aerial shot...thanks for posting.

It truly has to be the best beach I've been to in this province.

Next week, I'm sure it'll be back to it's normally closed status.

The current Jamboree information is available at:

http://www.aprjam25.org/

and it ends on the 3rd.

Edited by sriracha john

............Yes this a problem on some beaches. When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai Now I can get in everywhere Ok as they know me. Best to have a Thai with you however.

The other beach I mentioned earlier as being near my bungalow does not have these restrictions, and farangs can go alone. Busy at weekends, quiet during the week................

well i went yesterday to investigate on me bike and was turned away by military everywhere i tried to go, can someone give good directions to the unrestricted beach, Ban Chang also has a nice beach.

Ban Chang dose have beautifull beaches but you do have to remember the time of year. In the winter the sea is calm and crystal clear but in the summer it can be quite murcky with the silt being churned up and all the rubbish being blown up onto the beach.

............Yes this a problem on some beaches. When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai  Now I can get in everywhere Ok as they know me. Best to have a Thai with you however.

The other beach I mentioned earlier as being near my bungalow does not have these restrictions, and farangs can go alone. Busy at weekends, quiet during the week................

well i went yesterday to investigate on me bike and was turned away by military everywhere i tried to go, can someone give good directions to the unrestricted beach, Ban Chang also has a nice beach.

Sharknes,

Heading from Sattahip toward Ban Chang on Sukhumvit Road. Turn Right at the 331 Crossroads, heading for U-Tapao airport, just follow the road until you come to the main Sattahip Port entrance. About 30 metres before there is a left turn to Chuksamet Port, turn there and follow the road down to the beach. There is no access problems at this beach.

............Yes this a problem on some beaches. When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai  Now I can get in everywhere Ok as they know me. Best to have a Thai with you however.

Cannot understand you being thrown out of sattahib market, we always shop there on our way to rayong, have been doing so at least once a year for the last 25 years never had a problem , never had a thai with us ,always treated right, mind you my wife is foreign she comes from Yorkshire :o nignoy

Nignoy,

read here...

... When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai

Which market?

Inside the naval base (pantoo), kilo 10 or in Sattahip, opposide the fire- station?

Patex

In the naval base. Seemed a bit strange because I already had an entry permit and was with an officer, but apparently farangs still weren't supposed to use the market. :o

Yes, Payoon Beach is very nice and there is a very nice condo there.

So are Pala Beach, Nam Rim Beach, Sai Thong Beach, Saeng Chan Beach, Mae Rampheumg Beach all the way up to Ban Phe, the jumping off point for Ko Samet. Numerous excellent Thai restaurants line the shoreline along this stretch of the coast.

However, the back drop between Saeng Chan and Mae Ramphung beach is not so picturesque because of the Map Ta Put industrial complex and refineries.

post-16956-1136531783_thumb.jpg

............Yes this a problem on some beaches. When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai Now I can get in everywhere Ok as they know me. Best to have a Thai with you however.

Have attached a map, sorry it's rubbish I failed geography. :o Head towards Banchang on the main road and U-Turn at the Cement Works, about 6K's after Sattahip. Take the first left and at the end of the road turn right. It will lead you to the Guard Station who if you indicate left will let you through. Just turn left and follow the road around. The beach road will eventually follow to the left as if you go straight on you will be in the port. Good Luck.

Went to Nam Long ? beach to day with my neighbour, whose wife happens to be the brother of the second in command of that camp. When they approached us to take payment for our vehicles, she name dropped. From that point on, they would not take any money, and even offered to open another gate right at the far end of the beach, which is normally out off bounds to civilians. Later, she phoned her brother up, but he was in bangkok, however, his wife came down, chauffeured by a serviceman, and shared our barby for an hour.

She said that we could come anytime, even stay at accommodating they have for visiting guests. My neighbour is going to see if he can get a pass to come during the week, when the beach is closed to civilians.

Worth a try. P.S. Still cannot get over how clear the water is.

Went to Nam Long ? beach to day with my neighbour, whose wife happens to be the brother of the second in command of that camp. When they approached us to take payment for our vehicles, she name dropped. From that point on, they would not take any money, and even offered to open another gate right at the far end of the beach, which is normally out off bounds to civilians. Later, she phoned her brother up, but he was in bangkok, however, his wife came down, chauffeured by a serviceman, and shared our barby for an hour.

She said that we could come anytime, even stay at accommodating they have for visiting guests. My neighbour is going to see if he can get a pass to come during the week, when the beach is closed to civilians.

Worth a try. P.S. Still cannot get over how clear the water is.

Would you care to share the name of the 2nd in command. It could be benefical to a farang with no connections.

PKG

• 5 months later...