Wonderful Beach

Simbo

I have been the length of the coast line, past Koh Chang and as far north as Ban Saen, on many occassions. I look for the perfect beach, but to no avail, they are all crappy and the sea is mirky. That was till today. I found as good a beach as you will find anywhere, with the sea as clear as Koh Larn. At only 30 mins drive from Pattaya, it's well worth the trip. It is actually on land belonging to the forces, but has public access.

You drive about 3km past the Sattahip turn, take a right. The roads is long and follows the railway. After about 3km, you come to a decorous gateway with a picture of the queen. Immediately before this, turn left, through a gate with a lodge, Follow the road till you come to the beach. From what I gather, if you continue on this road, you can only go by car on weekends at a cost of 20baht per car. We left the car and walked. It is without doubt the most beautiful beach with the clearest of water on this coast. Hope this is useful to some. :o

I was there some 11 years ago on one of my first (business) trips to Thailand. Is that open restaurant still there? My first introduction to 'real' thai food also. Great.

There are a few places to buy food on the first beach, but WALKING to the second one, about 200m, there was only a toilet block.

Yes, you are right. It would be a shame to see this beach end up like Pattaya, but it will never happen, as long as it;s controlled buy the military.

I was there some 11 years ago on one of my first (business) trips to Thailand. Is that open restaurant still there? My first introduction to 'real' thai food also. Great.

The open restaurant is a cracker, and still going strong, and a good place to stay is the naval officers hotel on base of course it helps if you know one of the admirals :o nignoy

If you carry on straight past that enterance and go all the way to the gatehouse for the Port (10km from Sukh), turn left 20 metres before the gate and follow the road around to another beautiful, and newly opened to the public, beach.

There is car parking, restraunts and a few shops / stalls as well.

If you carry on straight past that enterance and go all the way to the gatehouse for the Port (10km from Sukh), turn left 20 metres before the gate and follow the road around to another beautiful, and newly opened to the public, beach.

I'll get the festive season over and try that one too. Thanks :o

Hey don't tell too many people. This is only 10 minutes from my bungalow and they don't have that many deck chairs :D

Simbo, if you see a big guy, sitting in his deck chair with a big blue cooler box full of Chang give us a shout. :o

Hey don't tell too many people. This is only 10 minutes from my bungalow and they don't have that many deck chairs :D

Simbo, if you see a big guy, sitting in his deck chair with a big blue cooler box full of Chang give us a shout. :o

How can I pass up an invitation to share Your Chang. The site of the big blue cooler box is firmly planted in my mind. :D

How can I pass up an invitation to share Your Chang. The site of the big blue cooler box is firmly planted in my mind. :D

Sai Geow beach which is accessed via the navy base at Bang Saray is similarly beautiful, also with wonderfully clean water

Sai Geow beach which is accessed via the navy base at Bang Saray is similarly beautiful, also with wonderfully clean water

Is that the base opposite the Sattahip bypass to Rayong ( 1332 I think) If it is, can you just drive through ?

Is that the base opposite the Sattahip bypass to Rayong ( 1332 I think) If it is, can you just drive through ?

No, the one before that, just after the fly-over about 500m after the PTT garage at Bang Saray. There are guards, but it is no problem getting through

No, the one before that, just after the fly-over about 500m after the PTT garage at Bang Saray. There are guards, but it is no problem getting through

Cheers, thanks for that, will try it.

Got any pic's of the Beaches?

My wife stayed with her grandmother for a while when she was younger and lived near kilo sip on the other side of sattahip from bang saray. She has not been there in a long time as I am sure it 's changed. We are looking for a nice beach to relax at in that area. She is afraid to go back to phuket because of the pee (ghost)

We are going to Koh Samet a try, but if these beaches are as nice as describe we might just as well stay on the main land.

thanks for any replys

PKG :o

I went to Sai geow today, just for a look. my wife had to leave her I D card at the gate. We proceeded down a long road till we came to a nice deserted beach. Following the beach to the end, To the left, a brand new concrete road takes you up and over the hills, with panaramic views down to the beaches. After about 2 km, you arrive at a beautiful beach. I didn't take my camera, but had I and shown the photos to people, they would never believe they were taken so near to Pattaya. The Thais certainly keep the best to themselves. :D

I went to Sai geow today, just for a look. my wife had to leave her I D card at the gate. We proceeded down a long road till we came to a nice deserted beach. Following the beach to the end, To the left, a brand new concrete road takes you up and over the hills, with panaramic views down to the beaches. After about 2 km, you arrive at a beautiful beach. I didn't take my camera, but had I and shown the photos to people, they would never believe they were taken so near to Pattaya. The Thais certainly keep the best to themselves. :D

the beaches at rayong are nice too, crystal clear water and clean, it seems that once you get out of the little corner of the gulf were pattaya is located, water quality improves dramatically.

I have been the length of the coast line, past Koh Chang and as far north as Ban Saen, on many occassions. I look for the perfect beach, but to no avail, they are all crappy and the sea is mirky. That was till today. I found as good a beach as you will find anywhere, with the sea as clear as Koh Larn. At only 30 mins drive from Pattaya, it's well worth the trip. It is actually on land belonging to the forces, but has public access.

You drive about 3km past the Sattahip turn, take a right. The roads is long and follows the railway. After about 3km, you come to a decorous gateway with a picture of the queen. Immediately before this, turn left, through a gate with a lodge, Follow the road till you come to the beach. From what I gather, if you continue on this road, you can only go by car on weekends at a cost of 20baht per car. We left the car and walked. It is without doubt the most beautiful beach with the clearest of water on this coast. Hope this is useful to some.  :o

My wife and I decided to try out this beach on Saturday,as we walked along the beach we noticed how peaceful it was, no jet skis or vendors, the loudest noise was from the Thais greeting with the usual Hello,it seemed a charming place until whilst making our way back along the beach two military personnel kindly told us YOU NOT THAI,.YOU GO, YOU GO HOME NOW

We retired to Pattaya nine months ago and are in our middle 50s always dress appropriately and are always polite.

It just seems that farangs are not welcome on military land.

You drive about 3km past the Sattahip turn, take a right. The roads is long and follows the railway. After about 3km, you come to a decorous gateway with a picture of the queen. Immediately before this, turn left, through a gate with a lodge, Follow the road till you come to the beach. From what I gather, if you continue on this road, you can only go by car on weekends at a cost of 20baht per car. We left the car and walked. It is without doubt the most beautiful beach with the clearest of water on this coast. Hope this is useful to some.  :D

My wife and I decided to try out this beach on Saturday,as we walked along the beach we noticed how peaceful it was, no jet skis or vendors, the loudest noise was from the Thais greeting with the usual Hello,it seemed a charming place until whilst making our way back along the beach two military personnel kindly told us YOU NOT THAI,.YOU GO, YOU GO HOME NOW

We retired to Pattaya nine months ago and are in our middle 50s always dress appropriately and are always polite.

It just seems that farangs are not welcome on military land.

Yes this a problem on some beaches. When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai :o Now I can get in everywhere Ok as they know me. Best to have a Thai with you however.

The other beach I mentioned earlier as being near my bungalow does not have these restrictions, and farangs can go alone. Busy at weekends, quiet during the week.

Glad you liked it

... When I first moved to Sattahip 5 years ago, I was even thrown out of the market for not being Thai

Which market?

Inside the naval base (pantoo), kilo 10 or in Sattahip, opposide the fire- station?

Patex

In the naval base. Seemed a bit strange because I already had an entry permit and was with an officer, but apparently farangs still weren't supposed to use the market. :o

I know the place, the water is nice and clean but the beaches .. yukk, washed up crap in layers, old boots and shoes, broken light bulbs probably from the shrimp fishers, all sorts of plastic crap .. sad sight.

Passing the checkpoint the guard always look in the car for a Thai. I don't think you're allowed into the navy area without a Thai companion.