Getting Tax

Don't think you can. If it was in your name you could probably get a duplicate book issued. This is strange grounds lol, you are really better off going there to the Land Transport Department & check.

Can't your friend just post the book?

Yea a bit strange,my mate lives in the uk now and has given me his bike but took all paper work back to the uk with him,will wait till november as the post to here is terrible and i never receive anything!

That's not the postal system, it's more likely the last stage . . . from the local post office into your hands (via an incorrect or confusing address, an owner that can't be bothered or some other sort of internal backbiting or politics.) Been at 5 addresses here over the last 12 years and never had any mail ever go astray (except, once, a final UBC bill, I seem to recall . . .)

If you have this problem then rent a PO box at your nearest post office - cheap enough. That way everything will sit there till you collect it in person.

And to the best of my knowledge the bike a.) needs to be registered, issued with a plate and the registration book and then b.) the book needs to be present and submitted for a new tax sticker to be issued.

I would make enquiries about if you can submit a copy or not. The desk inside Dan Autos in Mae Nam is the place to go. It's specifically for registration and tax purposes and the girl there speaks good English. It may be that you need to show a copy of all the pages not just the one with the chassis number, for instance. I don't know - but you can find out where you stand if you go to Dans and explain it all to the girl. And if all is peachy, then Dan's will get it all done for you for a couple of hundred baht fee. Cheap at half the price.

R

Edited by robsamui

I would have thougt you should be ok with just a copy. Vehicles bought on finance for example dont get the book till its paid off yet still tax the vehicle every year.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I'm curious as to how this works. Is is something as simple as a copy of the book? Or is there an officially-recognised set of documents of some kind that the registered finance company can use to get the tax.

I've never bought anything on finance - does the finance company obtain the tax and send it to you and bill you? Or do you have to do it yourself with their authorisation? Anyone know how it works?

R

I would have thougt you should be ok with just a copy. Vehicles bought on finance for example dont get the book till its paid off yet still tax the vehicle every year.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I'm curious as to how this works. Is is something as simple as a copy of the book? Or is there an officially-recognised set of documents of some kind that the registered finance company can use to get the tax.

I've never bought anything on finance - does the finance company obtain the tax and send it to you and bill you? Or do you have to do it yourself with their authorisation? Anyone know how it works?

R

Just read my previous post. It's simple.

if the bike is less than 5 years old, there's a slight chance if it is older than that and as it requires an inspection at dan auto it won't be possible exept if bribery is involved.

Can't you get your bike inspected at The Land Transport Department? I got my car done when I was in Surat.

if the bike is less than 5 years old, there's a slight chance if it is older than that and as it requires an inspection at dan auto it won't be possible exept if bribery is involved.

Can't you get your bike inspected at The Land Transport Department? I got my car done when I was in Surat.

unfortunately not in samui and the same applies if you want to register an imported bike it won't be possible cause they don't have the Exhaust fume control equipement...