W T F Is Going On With Dtac?

xty

It's been 5 months since I purchase and use DTAC Dprompt/prepaid SIM card, and almost everyday (day time, and especially night time) I got very bad connection when calling from my apartment. Even to call to other DTAC number in Bangkok (300m line-of-sight between my office and apartment). Don't say to call abroad, it got bad delay and breaking voice. :o

FYI I live in Lumpini Park View condo, Sathorn/Rama 4 area (CBD of Bangkok, so the BTS should be plenty and better), even stand in my apartment balcony of at 34th floor, and no building nearby as far as Rama 9 bridge at distance.

What's more, my mobile is not going anywhere, but the BTS location shown in my mobile screen always keep changing (YakLumpini, Yennakart, Chulalongkorn, SuanPlu2, SiriSathorn Residence, etc). My friend said I'm in the 'pingpong spot'. One of the weakness of GSM.

Will changing provider help? I wonder which is better... :D

Edited by xty

It's been 5 months since I purchase and use DTAC Dprompt/prepaid SIM card, and almost everyday (day time, and especially night time) I got very bad connection when calling from my apartment. Even to call to other DTAC number in Bangkok (300m line-of-sight between my office and apartment). Don't say to call abroad, it got bad delay and breaking voice.  :o

FYI I live in Lumpini Park View condo, Sathorn/Rama 4 area (CBD of Bangkok, so the BTS should be plenty and better), even stand in my apartment balcony of at 34th floor, and no building nearby as far as Rama 9 bridge at distance.

What's more, my mobile is not going anywhere, but the BTS location shown in my mobile screen always keep changing (YakLumpini, Yennakart, Chulalongkorn, SuanPlu2, SiriSathorn Residence, etc). My friend said I'm in the 'pingpong spot'. One of the weakness of GSM.

Will changing provider help? I wonder which is better...  :D

too high

we have problems with orange on the 16th floor, have to go down gfor important calls.

try whether the other providers have a better reception

too high

we have problems with orange on the 16th floor, have to go down gfor important calls.

try whether the other providers have a better reception

I don't think that's the reason. Logically high place with BTS tower coverage (especially with no wall/building surrounding) would get better signal.

In your case probably walls block you in your 16th floor apt/office? And in the ground floor, there's a micro transmitter installed (usually mounted on ceiling of apt, office, or public places). Which is not in my case.

I had a similar experience in my Sydney condo where the connection was constantly crappy, I could sit the phone on the table and watch the station ids change every few minutes. I finally found a single point in my condo where I could get a more or less stable connection.

A techie friend of mine assured me that I was actually experiencing too many signal options in my condo - thus the phone was constantly switching towers and consequently I never did have good service until I left my place.

Try making a call with your head deep inside the freezer or the oven - it helped me!! :o

In your case probably walls block you in your 16th floor apt/office?

No. Definitely not, as the reception is still pretty bad when we hold the phone out of the window. And this is the only high building in the area, no other buildings that might block reception.

We just have do go down and reception is perfect.