Songkran Festival: Soaked And Loving It

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this special time of year....I would like to wish all the prudes that stay indoors or do their utmost to whine non stop.....best wishes and hope you are enjoying the repeats on telly.

What are you doing inside posting? Get out there and spray some infected moat water in your eyes and take a header off your bike. What is a holiday without pink eye and a couple of broken bones!

Why would I spray infected moat water in my own eyes...that'd be like silly.

I don't have a motorbike either.

I am guessing next you might want to insult my aboriginal great grandmother.

Didn't know they did aboriginal yo great grand momma jokes. Probably not in good taste .

This is my third Song Kran festival. The first was perfect, and I had an amazing time. The second, last year, was a great time but I did find myself getting sick of it by the time we headed down to Pattaya (on the last day for Bangkok). However, this year I've been taking it a bit easier. Yesterday I headed to Khao San Road with a friend for a couple of hours and then to Siam Square. We both agreed Siam Square was better, being more relaxed and with more Thai people, young and old. Khao San Road was far too busy, but it's a good time. There are idiots, sure, but to be fair this year I didn't really see any, everyone was just having a good time. Today I kept dry and visited MBK and Siam Paragon for a few hours for some browsing, but it did feel weird not being part of the festival. Tomorrow I'm heading to Silom and back to Siam Square for the last day. I understand long-time Thailand residents getting sick of it, but it's great fun nonetheless, and we'll never get to experience anything like it in our own Countries.

Those making remarks about Khao San Road - on any other day I'd agree with you, but Song Kran there really is pretty fun, just go early in the day before the tourists start getting drunk and all their girlfriends start dancing for everyone who didn't ask!

Had a great time getting wet in Chumphon yesterday, my first time participating, my only complaint is against the group that put bleach in the water, otherwise it was a good day.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Wasn't me, i use good ole pee

Oh, so that was the yellow water which smelled like old swamp water that was thrown our way.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

At this special time of year....I would like to wish all the prudes that stay indoors or do their utmost to whine non stop.....best wishes and hope you are enjoying the repeats on telly.

What are you doing inside posting? Get out there and spray some infected moat water in your eyes and take a header off your bike. What is a holiday without pink eye and a couple of broken bones!

Actually, despite the big talk, all samsiam does is drive around in a truck with his windows rolled up, staying dry. Mostly a spectator. :)

Great 3 days....cannot wait till next year.

Great 4.5 days. And yes, I've hit the Post Songkran Depression.. wink.png

That is SO sad. I'm really feeling for you.

Why don't you just head on down to Pattaya and continue for another 3 days?

Actually, despite the big talk, all samsiam does is drive around in a truck with his windows rolled up, staying dry. Mostly a spectator. smile.png

You should write fiction books.

But....even if that was true...it would be better than the whingers that either complain endlessly or hide inside...or even worse...are forced as a result of a weak personality type...to actually leave the country.

Not a bad idea WTK....up for a road trip ??

Thank you!

I did that once.. to find out that Pattaya isn't nearly as fun. And sometimes downright nasty. I did consider it though, yes.. Especially as it wouldn't need to be Pattaya proper, the whole of that Eastern Seaboard area celebrates around the 19th.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Actually, despite the big talk, all samsiam does is drive around in a truck with his windows rolled up, staying dry. Mostly a spectator. smile.png

You should write fiction books.

But....even if that was true...it would be better than the whingers that either complain endlessly or hide inside...or even worse...are forced as a result of a weak personality type...to actually leave the country.

No, you've already admitted it, cause as you said "somebody has to drive the truck" and that's you. Forgot? I can't be arsed to go thru your posts and reference it specifically, but anyone who doubts is free to do so.

Hence tropo challenged you to roll down your window while he was nearby, a challenge you carefully ignored. Too bad!

And me, I admit I'm having a wonderful time w/ the lovelies over here in 'Nam, man. Nice quiet beach, fine restaurants, good beer (333, Saigon Red, or dark German hofbrau draft). No hassles. Whatever you find in Songkran--and I've lived in PTY through many of them--it definitely ain't THIS good. So glad I came. Cheap, too!

No, you've already admitted it, cause as you said "somebody has to drive the truck" and that's you. Forgot? I can't be arsed to go thru your posts and reference it specifically, but anyone who doubts is free to do so.

Hence tropo challenged you to roll down your window while he was nearby, a challenge you carefully ignored. Too bad!

And me, I admit I'm having a wonderful time w/ the lovelies over here in 'Nam, man. Nice quiet beach, fine restaurants, good beer (333, Saigon Red, or dark German hofbrau draft). No hassles. Whatever you find in Songkran--and I've lived in PTY through many of them--it definitely ain't THIS good. So glad I came. Cheap, too!

I suggest you find the thread and read the rest of it then....dont want you making ignorant comments.

The people that need to explain they are having such a great time when forced away from there home.....usually are not.