American Man Jumps From 6Th Floor Condo Room

ChiangMaiMail

American man jumps from 6th floor condo room

Nopniwat Krailerg

Chang Puak police and rescue were called to View Doi Mansion on Morakot Road in Santitham at 5:50 p.m. on April 10, 2012 after receiving reports that a foreigner had jumped from a 6th floor window.

Officers found the body of Douglas Theron Smith, an American citizen aged 43 years old, in the parking lot lying in a pool of blood.

The owner of the building said Mr. Smith had moved into the building on March 1, 2011 and had a companion with him at the time of his death. Police spoke with the companion, a ladyboy named Nui, who reported that Mr. Smith had been acting strange lately and had been using Valium to sleep.

Nui said that Mr. Smith had seen a doctor at the Sirpat Medical Center at Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai hospital that morning but didn’t know why. He said that he had gone to the toilet and when he came out, Mr. Smith had leapt to his death. Police continue investigating the case.

http://chiangmai-mai...news.shtml#hd10

[chiangmaimail][/chiangmaimail]

Edited by ChiangMaiMail

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad RIP.

I'm always surprised when someone jumps from say 4th-6th floor There is a chance that the fall might not be fatal and could leave the person in a vegetative state, with multiple broken bones and damage to organs. I feel that these 'jumps' are spur of the moment things (or other reasons), not really taking into account the height. If it were a planned jump, it would make more sense to go from say the 12th floor. I'm not suggesting foul play, but these jumps often seem to have someone else in the room.

Ladyboy - Santitham - almost goes without saying he would be with a transvestite, it actually isn't the Nimenheimen coffee shops that is the attraction. Had a mate come over, met a ladyboy and moved to Santithum, never heard from him again. He seemed a manic depressive, lifestyle, unresolved guilt, who knows? Probably that post about testing could well be on the mark. There are proven natural ways to resolve, but you wont find that in the MSM. Very sad that someone feels they need do that, there is usually family left behind who then have deal with it all.

Winnie, why would they be embarrassed about a transvestite? Guess I'm not progressive enough to see they should be delighted, add it to the obituary, be sure to to highlight it at the funeral. Because most of us here couldn't care less what people do that doesn't mean a deceased family would see it the same way.