Tsunami Warning Issued For Thai Coastal Provinces Following 8.9-Scale Quake In Indonesia

webfact

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that this does not cause any major problems and I wish for the people in anhy danger the best of luck and hope they get the warning, there is no system in place as such. What is weird is that I have had dreams about tsunamis twice in the past 10 days or so...

So who in Thai TV has the balls to cut what they are currently showing - on all 6 TV channels - and display a tsunami warning?

They briefly had a scrolling warning (in Thai only). Gone now.

Some of the minor cable channels are covering it (in Thai only)

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Reporting that thequake was a horizontal tearing and not a vertical quake as was seen in 2004. The verticke quakes causes the huge tsunamis whereas horizontal shifts typical do not. Hope all is well for you guys. Seems to be no report of tsunami in areas where wave should have already arrived if there was one.

We felt this in Phuket - where are my water wings??

Simon

My God I felt it in Songkhla near Samila beach. Emailed my friend telling him that I must have gone insane. My chair and fan was visibly shaking. If you are in Phuket get the hell away from the beach. It must be a big quake for me to feel it here on the other side of Thailand. Duration was rather long too. Around four minutes at a guess.

Yup felt it surely in Rawai.

Sat in my office chair and it started moving a little.

First thought it was my legs gone mental and moved the chair..

Then the office girls started talking about this wobbling sensation..

Then I hit Thai Visa and surely within few minutes this post was up..

me too, in Koh Samui. I fell off the bicycle I am sure it was that earthquake

Indian Ocean wide tsunami alert. Tsunami watch. It happened in the ocean, so a big deal. Likely to produce a tsunami like seen in 2004, but not 100% sure yet.

2 different experts on CNN says Tsunami still possible but most likely not the size of 2004 due to horizontal movement of quake. The 2004 quake were the perfect storm for creating a huge Tsunami. This quake is different in several ways people should still be alert.