Reliable Gold/Diamond Shop?

Cheesekraft

my recommendation is "Kulsrisuwan" it has a very very good reputation for quality, price and honesty.

i was always told the red gold shops are Govt owned and as a tourist you will not always get the best rate.

(they trade gold and diamonds..not sure if they are Chinese owned, my card has some chinese script on it)

when i bought Mrs E a bracelet she was almost as impressed with where i bought it, as the dam_n bracelt itself!!

I know of 2 branches; one on nimmenhaemin road, and one on Proprokklau road near pratu Chang Puek

There is a excellent gems/jewelery shop in Ban Tawai. Owned by an American and his Thai wife. Extremely knowledgeable. Not sure if he has diamonds but has virtually everything else in gems and of very high quality. They cut their own stones and custom make their settings. Across from the coffee shop/restaurant that is on the upper floor. They are also on the 2nd floor of the building they occupy. The man's name in Chap.

On Chang Klan Road, almost directly across from the Shangri la hotel is a store specializing in diamond jewelry that has help me with several jewelry things, diamond and otherwise. I think the name is Diamond Gallery.

it is manager by a young Thal lady named Pam who is very well spoken and got Gemologist certification or whatever it is called in the US. Her shop specializes in diamonds but evidently her family has been in the Chiang Mai jewelry business for many years. She got a gold ring repaired for me. Good service and price.

Highly recommended.

Start at Tapae gate, walk down Tapae road away from the old city, look out on your left for a shop called "Shiraz" (I think).

They made us a diamond/gold wedding ring that we are very happy with.

Best to talk to the boss.

Start at Tapae gate, walk down Tapae road away from the old city, look out on your left for a shop called "Shiraz" (I think).

That's the guy with the hat, right? biggrin.png

He's had an ad in Guidelines or one of those magazines, ever since it was first published (I think)

He's had an ad in Guidelines or one of those magazines, ever since it was first published (I think)

Correct, and the picture of him (IMO) is quite amusing (still smiling when I think about it). smile.png

Correct, and the picture of him (IMO) is quite amusing (still smiling when I think about it). smile.png

Apparently he's been 28 years at the same location, so I guess he comes under the heading of reliable. Mr. Nasser is his gemstones expert who purchases precious gems directly from mines and sells direct to his customers.

Yes the picture is pretty good

Hey, anyone have any idea how to check if the place sells authentic diamonds? I dropped by the shop, and I was shown a box of jewels that made me doubt their authenticity, but I really have no idea. I feel like its a big gamble buying without being quite sure its a legit shop, anyone have expeirence with this?

Hey, anyone have any idea how to check if the place sells authentic diamonds? I dropped by the shop, and I was shown a box of jewels that made me doubt their authenticity, but I really have no idea. I feel like its a big gamble buying without being quite sure its a legit shop, anyone have expeirence with this?

If you don't know what you are buying, then leave it alone....reputation or not.