Tsunami warning lifted - no significant tsunami threat to Thailand

News_Editor

good to hear that most coastall tsunami towers are informative an helpfull,in aonang you cant not hear them half a km from the beach not even when they have the tsunami drills,im far from old or hard of hearing they are just not loud enough an not enought of them for us to hear here ,from the beach to my house its all flat land so its worry ,if i cant hear the warning when im awake hot the hell is it supposed to wake me up when im asleep,,,,
I dont know if you live in Ao Nang, but from the beach the land scape goes straigt up. The Tsunami warning towers are not used, the government only asked to prepare just in case. So don't complain about you can not hear what was not there and don't tell stories about the land scape. In 2004 the Tsunami reached only 20 meters land inwards Ao Nang. Just a small fact, Don't believe the stories of long stayed expats and don't tell this hear abouts. Stay to the facts.

The fact is, If you live towards Klong Haeng it is flat from Nopparat Thara beach...........................WE DID NOT HEAR THE WARNINGS just 1/2 a kilometre away.

I wanted to make a comment on all the conflicting reports yesterday. "The Ocean is receding" The ocean isn't receding" Many people are going to die soon to no threat, chances that there will be no Tidal Wave, to a 3 to 4 meter tidal wave will hit various shores. It was a disaster in regards to information being released. My Grandpa once told me " If you don't hear it with your own ears or see with your own eyes, Don't invent it with your small mind and share with your big mouth."

• Like 1

good to hear that most coastall tsunami towers are informative an helpfull,in aonang you cant not hear them half a km from the beach not even when they have the tsunami drills,im far from old or hard of hearing they are just not loud enough an not enought of them for us to hear here ,from the beach to my house its all flat land so its worry ,if i cant hear the warning when im awake hot the hell is it supposed to wake me up when im asleep,,,,
I dont know if you live in Ao Nang, but from the beach the land scape goes straigt up. The Tsunami warning towers are not used, the government only asked to prepare just in case. So don't complain about you can not hear what was not there and don't tell stories about the land scape. In 2004 the Tsunami reached only 20 meters land inwards Ao Nang. Just a small fact, Don't believe the stories of long stayed expats and don't tell this hear abouts. Stay to the facts.

The fact is, If you live towards Klong Haeng it is flat from Nopparat Thara beach...........................WE DID NOT HEAR THE WARNINGS just 1/2 a kilometre away.

Correct although ao nang does rise up within 20m from beach,nopparat thara is pretty flat for 1-2 km inland,we could only just hear the siren going off at the far end of nopparat beach

Aonang beach yr correct but you seem to have missed an even bigger beach called hadnopharat and the land is completly flat all the way to mandawee resort ,the nearest hilll moutain is behind it .As for storys it seems to me your the one telling them best leave the infomation to the xpats ,oh an by the way i was here way before 2004 before they buillt the sea wall in aonang that saved most of the restaurants as they were then not shops from being totally wiped out (just a little fact for you).

It will be interesting to hear of people's response to the tsunami warnings. My friend in Patong rented a room in Phuket town for the day and night. He took the dogs and girlfriend. Bless him for remembering the kids. I know I shouldn't make light of a terrifying situation, but people have learnt not to screw around and that should give comfort.