Scam For 99 - Dude, Where'S The Motorbike?

BugJackBaron

Well it seems like <name deleted> , owner of a fairly new diner(which can't be named) in Jomtien, sold about 500 tickets advertising a lucky draw for a motorbike worth 35000 or so baht. For a number of weeks this bike was parked right outside the diner.

This evening the draw was held and only a few people turned out. Seems like "authorities came around and took the bike" (paraphrase). Some violation of local regualtions and other vague explanations were offered for the fact that No Bike was given as a prize.

Nor was there any TABLET COMPUTER as advertised on his blackboard. But some photos, a doll and a iphone(copy no doubt) were given out as alternative lucky draw prizes.

A customer I spoke to said that had he done this on soi Beaucow(sp), there would have been a riot.

Names not mentioned to comply with thai visa regulations but most people who know the scene in Jomtien can fill in the blanks.

Edited by BugJackBaron

The restaurant Name is misleading too, not much on the menu for 99 baht, we had xmas dinner there and booked a table for 7 which included 4 thai women,when we arrived they insisted we had to have 7 xmas roast dinners even though the Ladies wanted thai food. Had to take 4 home in doggy bags. Did not make a fuss as it was xmas dayangry.png

Edited by br12stol

I went there 3 or 4 times and ordered their 129 baht daily special. The last time I went I paid for my meal and when my change was brought to me there was a note with it " My boss says if you don't order a drink please don't bother to com back."

The guy's a fraud.

I went there 3 or 4 times and ordered their 129 baht daily special. The last time I went I paid for my meal and when my change was brought to me there was a note with it " My boss says if you don't order a drink please don't bother to com back."

The guy's a fraud.

Why is he a fraud ?

The guy's a fraud.

ha ha...basil fawlty in Jomtien...

The guy's a fraud.

Why is he a fraud ?

sounds like an a hole to me with comments like that to paying customers.

running a special at cost or small profit hoping you buy drinks needs to change his business model

i run specials in my restaurant but still make healthy GP so not upset if customer only buys water or no drink at all