Mio 125 Gt.

nev

I have mio 125gt it has been customized by previous owner, 17inch wheels flat seat.

Any one have a idea how much to revert back to standard 14inch wheels, and what is the widest tire available, and also cost of reverting back to a more comfy seat.

Thanks in advance, i did search google some good sites with pictures, but no actual prices.thanks nifty

Have you thought about going to a Yamaha dealer?

Yes i have mate, i just want a idea of cost before i go, i will be going after songkran, was thinking a independant dealer might be a better option as the wheels i have are in excellent condition maybe get cash back on them as i will have no use for them after.

I was thinking the dealer would simply read the prices from the parts page. so you could know their costs. Then you could go independent and see if there is a difference.

Or stop a motocy taxi rider with a 125 and do a swap on the street.

• Like 1

New rims, spokes, inner tubes and tires +work are ~ 1000 - 1300 per wheel. Depending on the rim/tyre size (Standard sizes).

For a 100/90 add ~500 Baht, depending on where you buy.

Upholstering your seat should't be more than 200-300 baht. Small shops at every corner, (here in Pattaya)

Possible tire size:

My Mio (but with alloy wheels) has a 80/90 front and a 100/90 rear tire.

I think, slightly wider tires are possible, with wider rims.

Edited by vel_tins

New rims, spokes, inner tubes and tires +work are ~ 1000 - 1300 per wheel. Depending on the rim/tyre size (Standard sizes).

For a 100/90 add ~500 Baht, depending on where you buy.

Upholstering your seat should't be more than 200-300 baht. Small shops at every corner, (here in Pattaya)

Possible tire size:

My Mio (but with alloy wheels) has a 80/90 front and a 100/90 rear tire.

I think, slightly wider tires are possible, with wider rims.

thanks mate gives me something to work on, i will go yamaha first as vocalneal suggested and the idea with a swap with a taxi driver not a bad idea but here in khonkaen not to many around.

most young thai men would jump at the chance to "upgrade" to those skinny dangerous wheels your trying to get rid off ......biggrin.png

True, but to me they are so unsafe. like riding a bicycle at high speed.

most young thai men would jump at the chance to "upgrade" to those skinny dangerous wheels your trying to get rid off ......biggrin.png

I know mate, had so many saying my bike look suay, but to me the smaller wheels is like riding a push bike at high speed, a few times i have hit uneven surface and the bike has vfelt very insecure.

I know mate, had so many saying my bike look suay,...

Maybe a 16 y old Thai boy thinks so, but Thais were never "well known" for a decent taste... :jap:.

These rims and tires are just dangerous, get rid of them.

Don't worry, if somebody gives you a few Bahts or not!

• Like 1

I know mate, had so many saying my bike look suay,...

Maybe a 16 y old Thai boy thinks so, but Thais were never "well known" for a decent taste... jap.gif.

These rims and tires are just dangerous, get rid of them.

Don't worry, if somebody gives you a few Bahts or not!

Agree mate, they are bloody dangerous, i think decent tires will be money well spent.