Car Boot Sale Weekly In Hua Hin

docspinoff

There must be a lot of people in Hua Hin itching to sell their unwanted items

or a lot of people who want to pick up a good quality second hand piece of furniture , electrical items, or even antique

So we would apprieciate your views, we are looking for a piece of land to rent one day a week, & we would charge car booters a small fee to cover this

This would be non profit making , just a nice recreational event

i think it is a great idea...... at least it wont rain here like it usually does for car booties back home

how about that bit of land where they had the bike festival a few weeks back?

Work permit or not this is the question ?

hi thanks for your replies so far.

would i need a work permit in thailand to sell my own belonging

would you not think this is the same same as selling your belongs in a classified ?

or in public ?

I was thinking of getting a Thai friend to rent a piece of land and he could charge you a fee for selling you own belongings

Me as a Falang would make no money except what i would sell

this would be very popular for Falang and Thais to sell their second hand items

would have to rules offcorse as we don,t want it to turn into another SAME SAME market

Edited by docspinoff

Read recently of a young Thai lad who was strapped for cash so he set himself up on a pavement somewhere to sell his own individual DVD's. Got pinged by the Police as he hadn't applied for an appropriate licence. Sentanced to a 22,000 baht fine, couldn't pay, now in jail for two years instead!

Caveat venditor!

Why not just tag onto an existing market, Market and Car Boot sale.

good idea....... there is a big space of land next to Cicada market that doesnt seem to get used, yet the guy seems to be renting it out for car parking, so it is obviously available for hire.....

i hope you do manage to get one set up DocSpinnOff...... i am looking for a second hand lawn mower, and i bet at Hua Hin Car Boot sale there would be loads available to choose from....... i imagine in such a transient town, a car booty would do great

you could advertise it on the classified section here and on baht sold...... you already have a capitive audience there of people looking for second hand goods...... go for it Doc!!

Why not just tag onto an existing market, Market and Car Boot sale.

good idea....... there is a big space of land next to Cicada market that doesnt seem to get used, yet the guy seems to be renting it out for car parking, so it is obviously available for hire.....

i hope you do manage to get one set up DocSpinnOff...... i am looking for a second hand lawn mower, and i bet at Hua Hin Car Boot sale there would be loads available to choose from....... i imagine in such a transient town, a car booty would do great

you could advertise it on the classified section here and on baht sold...... you already have a capitive audience there of people looking for second hand goods...... go for it Doc!!

If you are referring to the land adjacent to the Cicada Market just after the dual carraige way stops that's already being developed into a market - from recollection it's to be called Tamarind Market.

You still miss the point that you need to obtain appropriate licences to become a street vendor. I'm sure the people who organise the Cicada and shortly Tamarind markets will hold permits covering all of their stall holders.

Just set up anywhere without a permit - expect the Police to show up!

A flea market / carboot sale would be better than same same markets you seem to get in Hua Hin

I have not seen any market stalls with a good variety of second hand goods . there seems to be a lot of plastic stalls and clothes and FOOD

all second hand needs belongings need to be in one spot and not mixed in with normal stalls we seem to get here

But was hoping to create a interesting day for people to wander and pick up a bargain

as for the DVD Thai man who got arrested was he selling pirate copies? and not his own personal belongings

as for a license that we may need to sell our belongings that some persons have mentions,

I have been told if the Thai person land we use he applies for a license we would all be covered to sell !!!!

its still a grey area for us Falang but more information I or we get we could make this work

I sure people would come

if some one knows of a carboot/flea market like around Hua Hin

Please let me know