Songkran At Huay Tung Tao?

seesip

Wondering how early you need to go to get some real estate, and how packed it gets. Trying to avoid the moat this year as I've heard some rumors about unusually dirty moat water. Any info on Mae Ngat would be appreciated too. Happy New Year!

Another good option for Songkran is at Ob Khan Gorge. Very popular too, but a bit more local and very scenic. I was there recently and they were setting up some bamboo stalls to sell stuff for the festival.

BTW I was out yesterday and didn't notice anything unusually wrong with the moat water, nor has there been any advisory. Remember local kids are swimming in it.

Another good option for Songkran is at Ob Khan Gorge. Very popular too, but a bit more local and very scenic. I was there recently and they were setting up some bamboo stalls to sell stuff for the festival.

BTW I was out yesterday and didn't notice anything unusually wrong with the moat water, nor has there been any advisory. Remember local kids are swimming in it.

Isn't it obvious just at a glance the water is not clean. The local kids swim in any water and who garantee those little naughty don't pee and poop in the suppose to be Songkran water; just a thought. The Huay is popular place for local so it might be crowded by the way.

I've swam in the moat too, years ago, no problem. I don't think it's ever super clean but more concerned about sewage routing in the area. But I've been told it's been cleaned out a few times recently and chlorine added so suspect it's as usual. Might have to check out the Gorge, thanks for the input.

Isn't it obvious just at a glance the water is not clean. The local kids swim in any water and who garantee those little naughty don't pee and poop in the suppose to be Songkran water; just a thought. The Huay is popular place for local so it might be crowded by the way.

Ever been in a pool at one of those all-inclusive resort swim up bars? Ever notice how there are always a half dozen guys packed around one spot, they drink beer all day and never, ever get up to empty the tanks? sick.gif As a note for next year: As far as dirty water being thrown on you around the moat, there are many, many others who are more than happy to douse you with a bucket of ice water to clean you off a bit clap2.gif