Thaksin Holding Thailand Hostage: Abhisit

webfact

I notice a couple of members state and agree, that a PM job is 24/7/365.

It's a bit hard to be the PM and be in 2 places at once. The Thai Gov and Opposition Gov knew a long time in advance that the PM would be attending these important meetings overseas, as dates would have been set for all PM of the other countries to attend as well. What would you have done in her place?

I agree the dates and times of the meetings were known well in adcance. To my knowledge there is no law on the books that stating a deadline for this charter rewrite decision. Therefore as PM she should have made the decision to pospone the debate until she returns from the overseas meetings. Surely she has that authority.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit hard to be the PM and be in 2 places at once. The Thai Gov and Opposition Gov knew a long time in advance that the PM would be attending these important meetings overseas, as dates would have been set for all PM of the other countries to attend as well. What would you have done in her place?

I agree the dates and times of the meetings were known well in adcance. To my knowledge there is no law on the books that stating a deadline for this charter rewrite decision. Therefore as PM she should have made the decision to pospone the debate until she returns from the overseas meetings. Surely she has that authority.

They seem to be having the debate over the charter every 2 weeks. A bit hard at the last minute to postpone the debate. Further to that, the people who want to hold the debate would have known she was going overseas. Maby they have an alternative motive for having the debate at this time. Have to see what pans out.

Thaksin always saw the country as a means to feed his ego and his bank balance.

Now is no different.

What has he ever done for reconcilliation? Nothing

He just uses the Red Shirts to drive a very clear wedge into the country

They seem to be having the debate over the charter every 2 weeks. A bit hard at the last minute to postpone the debate. Further to that, the people who want to hold the debate would have known she was going overseas. Maby they have an alternative motive for having the debate at this time. Have to see what pans out.

Yep time will tell.

They specifically extended this session so that they could debate the reconciliation laws. Surely they wouldn't have done that if they knew the PM wouldn't be here.

They specifically extended this session so that they could debate the reconciliation laws. Surely they wouldn't have done that if they knew the PM wouldn't be here.

Alternatively why wouldn't they extend the session as they knew she wouldn't be there but did not need to be there? Simple.

Alternatively why wouldn't they extend the session as they knew she wouldn't be there but did not need to be there? Simple.

Alternatively, why wouldn't they extend the session knowing our dear PM hasn't anything to say anyway and without knowing what happened can plausibly still say "I don't think so, no one told me".

I must admit it seems very similar to how the English parliament works smile.png

More than 700 in two months, I think, but don't worry he's banned now 1zgarz5.gif

thumbsup.gif

Another one happy that a member has been banned. Nice people on here.

Well, at least it is one less member who does not follow the party line!

Just imagine - an opposing view, can't have that!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Ask the G'kid about the 24/7/365, he started this when someone remarked our dear PM looked and/or answered her mobile while attending the cremation ceremony for the King's elder sister.

Edited by rubl