Police Prepare For The Pattaya Songkran Festival

webfact

Police Prepare for the Pattaya Songkran Festival

12_04_55_4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police Lieutenant General Panya, the Region 2 Police Commissioner is working closely with Pattaya and Banglamung Police who are charged with ensuring safety for residents and tourists in the Pattaya area over the Songkran Festival period.

Meetings at both Police Stations took place on Thursday to discuss the drafting-in of extra officers, especially Traffic Police Officers who will try and keep the traffic moving during the 18th and 19th April when Naklua and Pattaya celebrate Songkran.

The General urged residents of Pattaya to assist where they can should any tourists need assistance from the Police.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/53179/police-prepare-pattaya-songkran-festival/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Traffic police officers??? Just a waste of money during these days... when there are tens of thousands of cars too many on the streets and can't mover more than 2 meters per minute, all those cops can do is look and collect some tea money...

The one and only time i spent Songkran in Pattaya a police officer shot dead someone who soaked him, i believe he issued a warning first.

I see the death toll is steadily rising already.

When did this happen? Can you back up this story?

The one and only time i spent Songkran in Pattaya a police officer shot dead someone who soaked him, i believe he issued a warning first.

never heard of that story but one time i had a girl on the back of motorbike and we stopped for gasoloine.a police man wwas there to she jumped of the motorbike and shot water at him

his reply was if you do that again i will use real gun on you

but i think it was meant as a joke

Unfortunately no, i done a quick search but drew a blank. It was a good 10 years ago i remember reading about it and possibly seeing it on the Pattaya Mail channel.

The police officer was just leaving his house i think, getting on his bike when someone soaked him, he proceeded to draw his gun and shoot the reveler.

Im not dreaming it im sure!