Who Do We Call

kangeroo

Your initial post was a bit cryptic. What kind of problem ?

You don't need to be ultra specific but a little bit more info might generate a response that helps.

There is always a policeman that outranks the one you have a problem with but you will need very clear evidence and some very real issue that relates to an illegal act rather than a civil matter.

what are the rankings order?

same as American military?

i tried to post the same kind of question in a lawyer thread

i think typically if you stay here a long time, you will need to make your own connections to help you in a jam

then when/if you get busted or in trouble you call your BIG TIME connection

best of luck

the other side to the story i have often heard in Thailand, police are worse than snakes

There are many Lawyers,High Ranked Military , Police , TAT Executives & Local experts who you can call . Please ensure you have a big fistful of BAht , but US Dollars may be a little better.

Oh! by the way , once you have lodged the 'Formal' complaint I would be on some sort of rapid Transport out of the area

cheesy.gif

If it was a low ranking officer that you had a problem with you might be able to talk to the chief of police in Pattaya

But if the problem was deeper would have to contact police head office in Bangkok since all police sections are controlled by bangkok chiefs / head office and by going direct to BKK you would cut off the chance of the Pattaya police stopping your complaint in its tracks or covering it all up.(do some research on where is BKK head office, don't got walking into another small police station expecting an internal affairs investigation)DON'T forget to let us know how you get on in this forum, it's an interesting subject

Edited by sunseaker

Thanks for the reply ,the dispute i was refering to was being told to leave a hotel after only 10 days stay when there was a month booked , the reason was over a simple drink not payed by the change of shifts and even though the 10days were payed some time later the staff of the hotel placed a passport picture outside on the bar and reported it to the police for the full amount ,i think it is some sort of new system they brought in to prevent someone from doing a runner .

Thanks .

If you have paid for the days spent there and all extras like drinks and food, then just leave and move into another place with less idiotic staff.

If they are after extra money for whatever reason then don't pay.

If a police report was made against you what was that for ?

From what you say, I cannot understand the exact problem you have with police at this time.

If you mean you want to complain about any unfairness, it is a waste of time calling any police station as language is a barrier and it must be done at the relevant district police station, ideally with a Thai translator.

But I am not sure they will be interested as no law was broken if you have in fact paid for everything and a hotel has a right to choose who they allow to stay or not regardless of the circumstances.

if they dont owe you any money why not just move to another place. there loss anyway,if you dont owe any money and they have posted a passport and photo saying you do i would think that could be considered as slander under which i beleive they have broke the law. See a lawyer or live with it. i for one would get a solicitor to contact about the passport picture if it implies you have done something wrong and you have not, or just remove it if its outside the bar when there closed but a solicitor would be my choice. probably a farang owner, so maybe you could get a few bucks.

Thankyou to all the comments good and bad , i just did not want any problems at the airport coming or leaving and in pattaya , a new place to stay is easy and i seem to think that i thought to much about it .

Thankyou .

Thankyou to all the comments good and bad , i just did not want any problems at the airport coming or leaving and in pattaya , a new place to stay is easy and i seem to think that i thought to much about it .

Thankyou .

I think you did think to much about it which is understandable considering.100 PCent sure Don't think you have anything to worry it.