How Much Have You Been Fined This Songkran?

karlos

We did get stopped once. My wife was driving while I had a beer. The cop told her he would charge her if she had alcohol in her. She asked him how much she could charge him if he found none.

All done with smiles and good humor. Try that with a cop in the states. They probably shoot you for mouthing off.

We did get stopped once. My wife was driving while I had a beer. The cop told her he would charge her if she had alcohol in her. She asked him how much she could charge him if he found none.

All done with smiles and good humor. Try that with a cop in the states. They probably shoot you for mouthing off.

I think American cops have their sense of humor surgically removed at the police academy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVHNylH1Mk

I think American cops have their sense of humor surgically removed at the police academy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVHNylH1Mk

Well I may have met one of the rarest breeds then... a few years back flew in to chicago, bad snow so we were delayed 3 hours.. had to drive to Osh Kosh.. it was 1 am before I even set off and had business meeting the next morning at 8am.

So in the wee small hours Im dashing through some small towns when the lights go on behind me apparently he had had them on for about 2 miles before I noticed... got talking to the officer and I think he took pity on me.. told me if I could give him a good reason why I was speeding and didn't pull over he would let me off.

Couldn't resist the old gag

Well officer my wife ran off with a policeman several years aao and I thought you were trying to return her... with a wry smile he waved me on my way and about 20 miles down the road he stopped in at a diner i had stopped at and as he passed my table.. quietly said.. that was the best reason I've ever heard.... still grinning from ear to ear... but he was a small town cop still friendly and sociable.... just like cops are supposed to be.

Passed a couple of checkpoints on 107 through Mae Rim from Chiang Mai to Mae Taeng on the last day of Songkraan. The boys in brown didn't bother to stop me, but I did see a couple of Thai's being given tickets for riding without helmets, and or riding without a license.

Edited by RED21

A big fat ZERO coz I don't go out at this time of year.

Only on the BIG Suzuki Hayate 125cc to the cafe up the road hehe for an early 8am breakfast every morning.

Here in Pattaya Weds and Thurs (my bday) are the worst with TOTAL GRIDLOCK on ALL roads in and out the place.

Fridge is stocked up and lots of bike programmes to watch in between decorating hehehe. :)

Spent Songkran in Phuket. Loads of checkpoints and quite a few kms racked up, but not one cop anywhere near the road when I went past, just watching the crackly tv under the tent. Most of the travelling time was in the passenger seat of the car with a cold beer anyway, I hate riding bikes with all that craziness around me but great fun on foot - good atmosphere for the few hours I got involved in the games.

0 Baht. Why should it be any different because Songkran?

My area of Ladkrabang and Prawet has seen huges amounts of BIB, most ensuring all are wearing helmets smile.png While on the other hand the Prawet boys seem to be making roadside shacks just about anywhere and collecting money like it's going out of fashion, avoid the areas of Prawet & Suang Luang smile.png

My son and I got stopped on Chalermprakiet (Suan Luang IX) on Saturday. We were both wearing helmets and had done nothing wrong. Asked to produce his license, my son did so. The funny thing was that we had gone out of our way to avoid being drowned by the revellers (where the police were conspicuously absent).

I did quite a bit of riding over Sunday & Monday - Rangsit to Nakon Chaisi, NC to Pattaya, Pattaya to Ramintra, Ramintra to Rangsit.

Only got stopped on the Chonburi to Pattaya #3 road (about 10pm), two full road check points and both times got waved to the side (no opportunity to bypass). Both times produced the bike receipt and driving license and they very unhappily had to let me go on my way (with no 'gifts' ).

(didn't get splashed or soaked by the Songkranners either ! )