Bloody Cold!

eyebee

I've never known it to be as cold in Pattaya as it is right now. Time for the long johns and woollies!

Seriously though, I know it usually drops a few degrees around Christmas, and the Thais all complain, but I've never known farangs to complain about the cold before. Does anyone remember it being colder than this, and what temperature is it now?

I can not remember it as cold as this in seven years. I looked out a pair of socks this afternoon to keep my feet warm, first time they had socks on them for 5 years, really strange feeling.

CNN weather site says low of 13 degrees. My thermometer is showing 16 degrees right now, brrrrr.

R

Definitely cold!

Especially around Lake Mabprachan. Already very chilly at around 6pm, but when driving into town you can feel it get warmer a bit.

I can recall a very cold winter, guess it's about 7 or 8 years ago, Christmas period as well.

Had Christmas dinner in an open restaurant wearing a leather pilot's jacket :o

Feels like it's going to be the same again...

Definitely cold!

Especially around Lake Mabprachan. Already very chilly at around 6pm, but when driving into town you can feel it get warmer a bit.

I can recall a very cold winter, guess it's about 7 or 8 years ago, Christmas period as well.

Had Christmas dinner in an open restaurant wearing a leather pilot's jacket  :o

Feels like it's going to be the same again...

Do you remember when all the boats got blown/washed up onto Beech Road one Christmas? What year was that?

its definately a bit taters in bangkok too. about 19c right now at 8.30pm.

and its been buttoned up jacket and socks all day. no higher than 22c and no sun.

cant recall ever wearing a jacket before during the day in thailand.

lots of other wrapped up falangs about too.

hot tea and digestive biscuits are called for.

Do you remember when all the boats got blown/washed up onto Beech Road one Christmas? What year was that?

I do remember, but it's a long time ago...

Not sure but have to be early 90's if i recall correct.

I remember the outside platform of Nang Nual on Walking street being blown completely clean!

Lots of fishermen died, when they stayed on their boats that night!

Very nice over "ere. :D

Every one sitting around in office drinking tea and thinking about doing a body swerve for a bit of last minute Xmas shopping or just to do a dissapearing act down to the pub.

Blue sky outside with the winters sun screaming through the windows,the trees on the green opposite are bare and have shed all their leaves and the grass is covered in a carpet of gold.

Actually getting quite warn now..gotta turn down the central heating and pull the blinds down a little bit......

aw well back to work..or maybe another cuppa. :D

...wheres everyone gone...eh...wot

:o

I've never known it to be as cold in Pattaya as it is right now. Time for the long johns and woollies!

Seriously though, I know it usually drops a few degrees around Christmas, and the Thais all complain, but I've never known farangs to complain about the cold before. Does anyone remember it being colder than this, and what temperature is it now?

Around the millennium not to different.

if here.

...."""Do you remember when all the boats got blown/washed up onto Beech Road one Christmas? What year was that?..."""

Yes, it was 1992.

Monday 19 Dec. +19,8 celsius in Pattaya,not to cold. December 1990 +14 celsius. THAT was cold.

Also depending on what planet you are on and where you are located this/yesterday is also the shortest day of the year so no more comments like.... "the nights are fair drawing In"...

Anyway its just after 3-30pm in the afternoon and its almost dark :o Getting slightly colder ..maybe a bit of welcome frost tonight and you never know there might even be a wee chance of a white Christmas. :D

Here's the Thai meteorlogical site JD provided a while back:

http://www.tmd.go.th/index_eng.php

Tried whinging to someone in Canada today bout the cold snap here- either Skype disconnected or.... :o:D

The latest mumbo jumbo from aforementioned site:

7 Days Weather Forecast

For period of December 21-27, 2005

Weather Forecast December 21-23, an intense high pressure areas from China will extend its ridge to cover upper Thailand, resulting in decreasing in temperature to become cooler in generally. Very cold in the mountain tops.

The tropical depression had downgrade to the low pressure cell and is moving slowly westward to the Gulf of Thailand today and the northeast monsoon over the Gulf and southern Thailand is intensifying, causing scattered thundershowers mostly from Surat Thani southward and high wave with wave height 2-4 meters from Prachuap Khiri Khan southward during December 21-24.

December 24-27, high pressure areas over upper Thailand will weaken, but still morning cool to cold and fog with isolated to widely scattered showers mostly in the northern part.Cold to very cold in the mountain top.

Warning : During this period, people should take care your healthy during this period and all ship should proceed with caution and small boat should keep ashore during December 21-24

:D:D

Also so cold in BKK today !

Can't believe it!

And is it still raining in Samui and Phuket? Meteo forecast for next week says YES....

Edited by frenchFARANGbkk

this year is weired .. (im in BKK)

its cold (20-22c for now...maybe lower.. i need to check in weather.com)

ask some friends who live in north part of TH .. they're frozen :o

/ edit 71°F (22°C) now

Edited by BambinA

What's all this talk of cold weather in Pattaya??????

Is it really going to be chilly? I'm flying out there tomorrow morning and I've only packed shorts and t-shirts!

Am I going to have to pack some socks and sweaters?

Please tell me it aint so.....

Tariq...

My heart bleeds for you lucky sob's. I just went through aweek of -5 fareinheit , i don't know what that is in celcius But when you step outside and your nose freezes together then you really got something to whine about. If I am lucky I get to spend @ 30 days a year in LOS. I would gladly trade places with anyone of you guys. 53 degrees F , h*ll I would not even have on a t-shirt in that heat.

BTW , brandy works good in cold weather :o

PKG

My next door neighbor friend just arrived from Sweden, he was walking around without a shirt saying how warm it is in Pattaya!

Problem is when you live in the tropics your blood thins down and you feel the cold much more when it comes. Of course getting older does not help much either.