Bloody Cold!

eyebee

I thought this is an Expat forum. Where are you whining guys from? From Africa.

18-23 Degree Celcius is NOT cold and also not cool.

My nearly 70 year old parents have 18 degree in their house in Farangland and they sit with short trouser and T-Shirt at 18 degree outside.

Where are you guys from and what would you do at minus 20 degree?

To be honest, I think the cool weather makes for a wonderful change. I love hot climates, but after living for 9 years in different parts of East Asia, it is nice to experience a cold wind again. I wouldn't want it to last too long, but the hot stuff will be back soon enough and being a little chilly is rather seasonal. It is great for working too. When I have to leave the office, I don't find myself sweating uncontrollably after walking around a site for 10 minutes. Besides, it is giving the air conditioners a well deserved rest. And anyway, let's not get carried away, it is hardly freezing. A pair of trousers and a short sleeved shirt is still perfectly adequate during the day.

I agree with H90. The weather is delghtful. 1to 23c is not cold. 60 to 66F. The reason why it seems cooler is because the humidity is only 30%. Very dry. True pattaya doesn't usually get this cool. The last two years this time of year it stayed fairly warm. Enjoy this weather while you can. When March and Aoril get here you will wish it was December again.

Barry

My nearly 70 year old parents have 18 degree in their house in Farangland and they sit with short trouser and T-Shirt at 18 degree outside.

Yes but 18 degrees with a wind chill factor is not the same as without. There was certainly a wind chill factor as I sat near the beach in Jomtien yesterday. :D Besides the chilly wind means that the views aren't as good. All the girls were wearing big jackets and jeans :o

and on July (if I remember right) we all stick at the aircon for outside cooling and fill in Changbeer with Icecubes for inside cooling and hope to survive this sauna like weather....

I agree with H90. The weather is delghtful. 1to 23c is not cold. 60 to 66F.  The reason why it seems cooler is because the humidity is only 30%. Very dry.  True pattaya doesn't usually get this cool. The last two years this time of year it stayed fairly warm. Enjoy this weather while you can. When March and Aoril get here you will wish it was December again.

Barry

Yes but 18 degrees with a wind chill factor is not the same as without. There was certainly a wind chill factor as I sat near the beach in Jomtien yesterday. :D Besides the chilly wind means that the views aren't as good. All the girls were wearing big jackets and jeans :o

Water in swimming pool is 18C, that's how warm it gets in Oslo Bay for their "high" season in August.

Pattaya Park - by 11:30 in July, August, you can hardly find a place to sit. Yesterday not a saussage there, only staff.

Due to strong winds, many boats from Pattaya Beach have moved and anchored at the Jomtien.

as we think as long as the beer does not freeze, its not a problem.

I remember a barbecue party at minus 20 degree outside, thats cold and thats real crazy.

But for the fredom: OK 18 degree with wind and wet air is a little bit cool, but not yet a reason for the farmer to change from chicken to penguin...

9 is great, you can sit outside without worry that your beer gets warm....

I remember 17 degree in Farangistan and my Thai wife got very cold, but could not complain anymore.....

later tonight I come to Pattaya and I have a very oversized aircon, I'll try what highscore it can do, maybe I can thouch 14-15 degree....

You Pats are a bunch of  wimps, in Chiangrai, we been dealing with 9-15 every night for the last 15 days. It is nice to have a short season of cool.  Breaks the monopoly of hot. :o

I remember 17 degree in Farangistan and my Thai wife got very cold, but could not complain anymore.....

later tonight I come to Pattaya and I have a very oversized aircon, I'll try what highscore it can do, maybe I can thouch 14-15 degree....

You Pats are a bunch of  wimps, in Chiangrai, we been dealing with 9-15 every night for the last 15 days. It is nice to have a short season of cool.  Breaks the monopoly of hot. :o

How bad the originiating place could be? Don't tell us "England".

Can't think of any other nightmare worse than that pit.

Well, one could have been born in Alabania.

Enjoy cold Pattaya these days. It's not always like that, just a fluke.

Oh, and tell Britts to leave one more square centimeter out of their tattoos ...just when reentering Pattaya water park ..they give you a stamp above your palm.

No Austria, but with a house at an already higher area, but between two mountains with cold wind.....

the <deleted>*** cold is no problem having swedish and eskimo genetic in me, but I can not stay that there is no sun half the year....

How bad the originiating place could be? Don't tell us "England".

Can't think of any other nightmare worse than that pit.

Well, one could have been born in Alabania.

Enjoy cold Pattaya these days. It's not always like that, just a fluke.

Oh, and tell Britts to leave one more square centimeter out of their tattoos ...just when reentering Pattaya water park ..they give you a stamp above your palm.

In my own experience 2000 or 2001, I'm not so sure, it was coulder, about 16°C.

Alexx 14°C in 1990 is also very possible.

At the moment I try everything for my bad cold dosen't worsen to a pneumonia :o ... expats know what I'm speaking about, 18°C can kill you easily.

Patex