Non Immigrant O Visa

I am about to apply for a non immigrant o visa to go spend time with the cheese and kisses(thai wife) in thailand..It seems that there is a bit of conjecture as to whether they will issue a multiple entry for one year or will only issue a 90 day..Can anyone clarify this a bit for me i will be applying in Australia prior to travel..And secondly is it still required to book an outbound flight for the 90 days even if intended to extend on a multiple entry(ie cross a neighbouring border..?.If so would an open date ticket be the way to go cheers

Thanks for that Mario..i have to apply by post as they have closed the Perth consulate..I am a bit naive mate. Honoury consulate? Meaning any of the thai consulates in the other states ? Also the require outward flight info on the visa app Just talk with someone in the visa office and state the situation you reckon?

here are two kinds of consulates:

- general consulate, staffed by people employed by the Thai governement and get a salary.

- honorary consulates, staffed by people who are asked to represent the Thai government but are not employed and do normally not get a salary. instead they get a commission based on the number of visas they issue, so they tend to be the most liberal in issuing a visa.

You can just fill in an approximate date regarding the return flight, you are not bound by it.

Check the websites for the Consulates in Sydney,Melbourne and Brisbane. They all seem to have different requirements.

Brisbane seems to be the most relaxed.

I applied in person last August at Brisbane and received a one year multi entry, reason-married to Thai woman, in one hour.

licklips.gif You should be able to get a non O visa in Australia.

Check first to see what documents the Thai consulate you choose requires you to have on their website.

They will most certainly want to at least see a copy of your Thai marriage certificate...and will probably want to see signed photocopies of your wife's I.D. card, house book, and possibly a letter from her requesting you be issued a visa to live with her in Thailand.

It;s a process to get that visa...you don't just walk in one day and get it.

Different Thai consulates will have different rrequirements...that's why you should check first.

Also, non O multi-entry visas (good for one year) are becoming very difficult to get. Even if you qualify, the consulate may only want to give you a 90 day single entry visa...and tell you to apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage when you get to Thailand. So, be prepared for that possibility as your fallback position.

licklips.gif