Farang Beaten To Death

Buff-horns

Four Arrested for Beating Dane to Death in Thailand

Four Thai men yesterday, 22 December turned themselves in to the Cha-Am police and admitted they beat the 54-year old Dane Søren Tandrup Olsen to death.

By Frank Jensen

The gate of Søren Tandrup Olsen's Cha-Am house, where the 54 year old Dane was beaten to death by his neighbour and three of the neighbour's friends.

Four Thai men aged 28-36 are now arrested and charged with non-intentional violence causing death after turning themselves in to the Cha-Am police Thursday afternoon. A crime that is punished with 3-15 years imprisonment, according to the local police.

The victim of the violence was the 54 year old Dane, Søren Tandrup Olsen. The Dane wanted to get his own car into the streets of Cha-Am, where he has been living with his Thai girlfriend, Lek, since 1999, but his neighbour’s car was in the way.

The Dane asked the neighbour to move it, which made the man very upset. The Cha-Am Police tells that they have had to come by the neighbour’s house a couple of times asking him to quiet down, as he has been very noisy and caused a lot of disturbance in the neighbourhood in spite of only living there for approximately a month.

At first the Thai man verbally assaulted the Dane, and then he started a fight, not even a fair one. Within minutes three friends of the neighbour came to assist him and started beating Søren Tandrup Olsen, who managed to flee into the house, Lek tells sitting at Cha-Am Police Station. Right next to her a police men is eagerly showing the police report with pictures of the body of Lek’s boyfriend.

She is at the police station to identify the four men, who turned themselves in. Having done that she goes back to the scene of Tuesday’s tragic event. To the house where she has to start a new life.

Lek quickly realized that the situation was going out of control, so she phoned the police when the fighting began. According to her the Dane never wanted to argue with the neighbour, whom she describes as provocative and aggressive. In stead of getting into an argument the Dane preferred to mind his own business and if the neighbour made too much noise, Søren Tandrup Olsen rather left his house for a while than complaint.

A few minutes after the first incident, more trouble came the Dane’s way. The neighbour was standing at the back yard gate asking the 54 year old to come out and discuss the matter. The Dane left the house and went to talk. But he was not aware that the three friends of the Thai neighbour were hiding behind the wall, and this time a fist fight was not enough.

”All of sudden the three others came out of nowhere and started beating Søren with steel pipes, that they have fetched. It did not stop till I dragged Søren into safety in the house. At least they did not beat me,” 26 year old Lek tells, while showing the blood stains on the road just outside the backyard, where the Dane was severely beaten.

She and Søren Tandrup Olsen had a souvenir shop in the house just 25 metres from the Cha-Am Beach on the western side of the Gulf of Thailand. In the workshop there are lamps and few of Snow White’s dwarfs waiting to be finished and sold in the shop. In front of the computer, where the Dane spent many hours coming up with new ideas for articles to sell in the shop, Lek has placed a plate with open end sandwiches, just like she always did.

After getting the Dane into safety, Lek thought that it would be wise to go to the hospital.

“Søren did not agree. He said that he just needed to rest, and then he would be okay again,” Lek tells with tears in her eyes.

Meanwhile even more friends of the neighbour had come to help him, so as the Dane was licking his wounds upstairs, people were hiding in front of the house as well as next to the backyard, but the neighbour and his three friends already did more than enough. Much more than enough.

About 10 minutes after lying down, Søren Tandrup Olsen died in his bed. The doctor and the police did not come till later.

The exact cause of death will not be known, until the result of the autopsy is known. Presumably early next week.

Created 2005-12-22

http://tinyurl.com/atovv

The exact cause of death will not be known, until the result of the autopsy is known.

Is this a f'n joke. beating a man with steel pipes and wondering how he died.

I hope the 4 cowards die in prison.

PKG

Thai logic will prevail.

If he had not come to Thailand it would not have happpened.

3-15 years , what a joke , non intentional . absolutely amazing , this logic is nuts .

I guess since Thai men are such cowards it's time to start carrying a weapon.

I hope this news causes Thailand a major loss of face. This (murder or beatings) is happening way too often these days. It's painfully obvious that the Thai Love Thai government isn't interested in protecting its GUESTS.

What a bunch of f*&*ing barbarians.

I swear Thai judges must make these things up on the fly. :o

I wonder if they get a tougher sentance if its found that they have a previous conviction for unintentional rape, or accidentaly chasing someone down and stabbing them 11 times?

cv

what a ****ing disgrace, they should be ****ing hung... like Tarragona says, they maybe confident that theyll get away - or off lightly - with this.

is life that cheap, i mean if the tables were turned - could a farrang and a couple of his friends (farrang or thai) beat the <deleted> out of a thai guy and expect also to be charged with "non-intentional violence causing death", when is "violence" "non-intentional"?

Edited by rio666uk

what a ****ing disgrace, they should be ****ing hung... like Tarragona says, they maybe confident that theyll get away - or off lightly - with this.

is life that cheap, i mean if the tables were turned - could a farrang and a couple of his friends (farrang or thai) beat the <deleted> out of a thai guy and expect also to be charged with "non-intentional violence causing death", when is "violence" "non-intentional"?

dont want to go off topic, but of course life is cheap in thailand!! at least we are not back in the good old days, where the puyai ban was the local policeman, and anyone be they thai or farang disagreeing with the puyai ban , simply disappeared, and seriously was never seen again, lets face it you pick a fight with a thai at your own peril, I know its not right or very just but thats life , I am not being flippant, I opened my mouth in the wrong place in ubon many years ago, was flown out in protective custody on a stretcher , to a military hospital in manila and then on to UK when I was stable,so when we are in thailand I behave :o Nignoy

They've turned themselves in - that could mean they've got connections and are confident of getting away with this.

what you been smoking..??? maybe they gave themselves up due to the fact of the amount of witnesses, and that one of them lived next door....but what can you do...makes my blood boil...love to snap em' half...one by one... :o:D

so how many farangs have been snuffed out now ? all on a flimsy pretext.

reminds one of the brit beaten to death in BKK .and the brit diver on samui that had his head bashed in .

maybe there was some jealousy of his business that caused such savagry .

you think you have heard all the bizarre stories about farangs being killed but there is always one more that beats them all .

Four Arrested for Beating Dane to Death in Thailand

Four Thai men yesterday, 22 December turned themselves in to the Cha-Am police and admitted they beat the 54-year old Dane Søren Tandrup Olsen to death. 

By Frank Jensen 

The gate of Søren Tandrup Olsen's Cha-Am house, where the 54 year old Dane was beaten to death by his neighbour and three of the neighbour's friends.

Four Thai men aged 28-36 are now arrested and charged with non-intentional violence causing death after turning themselves in to the Cha-Am police Thursday afternoon. A crime that is punished with 3-15 years imprisonment, according to the local police.

The victim of the violence was the 54 year old Dane, Søren Tandrup Olsen. The Dane wanted to get his own car into the streets of Cha-Am, where he has been living with his Thai girlfriend, Lek, since 1999, but his neighbour’s car was in the way.

The Dane asked the neighbour to move it, which made the man very upset. The Cha-Am Police tells that they have had to come by the neighbour’s house a couple of times asking him to quiet down, as he has been very noisy and caused a lot of disturbance in the neighbourhood in spite of only living there for approximately a month.

At first the Thai man verbally assaulted the Dane, and then he started a fight, not even a fair one. Within minutes three friends of the neighbour came to assist him and started beating Søren Tandrup Olsen, who managed to flee into the house, Lek tells sitting at Cha-Am Police Station. Right next to her a police men is eagerly showing the police report with pictures of the body of Lek’s boyfriend.

She is at the police station to identify the four men, who turned themselves in. Having done that she goes back to the scene of Tuesday’s tragic event. To the house where she has to start a new life.

Lek quickly realized that the situation was going out of control, so she phoned the police when the fighting began. According to her the Dane never wanted to argue with the neighbour, whom she describes as provocative and aggressive. In stead of getting into an argument the Dane preferred to mind his own business and if the neighbour made too much noise, Søren Tandrup Olsen rather left his house for a while than complaint.

A few minutes after the first incident, more trouble came the Dane’s way. The neighbour was standing at the back yard gate asking the 54 year old to come out and discuss the matter. The Dane left the house and went to talk. But he was not aware that the three friends of the Thai neighbour were hiding behind the wall, and this time a fist fight was not enough.

”All of sudden the three others came out of nowhere and started beating Søren with steel pipes, that they have fetched. It did not stop till I dragged Søren into safety in the house. At least they did not beat me,” 26 year old Lek tells, while showing the blood stains on the road just outside the backyard, where the Dane was severely beaten.

She and Søren Tandrup Olsen had a souvenir shop in the house just 25 metres from the Cha-Am Beach on the western side of the Gulf of Thailand. In the workshop there are lamps and few of Snow White’s dwarfs waiting to be finished and sold in the shop. In front of the computer, where the Dane spent many hours coming up with new ideas for articles to sell in the shop, Lek has placed a plate with open end sandwiches, just like she always did.

After getting the Dane into safety, Lek thought that it would be wise to go to the hospital.

“Søren did not agree. He said that he just needed to rest, and then he would be okay again,” Lek tells with tears in her eyes.

Meanwhile even more friends of the neighbour had come to help him, so as the Dane was licking his wounds upstairs, people were hiding in front of the house as well as next to the backyard, but the neighbour and his three friends already did more than enough. Much more than enough.

About 10 minutes after lying down, Søren Tandrup Olsen died in his bed. The doctor and the police did not come till later.

The exact cause of death will not be known, until the result of the autopsy is known. Presumably early next week. 

Created 2005-12-22

http://tinyurl.com/atovv

the more this goes on and unpunished [correct and appropriate sentences] the more violence you will se from the thais.

the stories on tv and from friends in thailand seem to suggest a fast increase in violent crimes against falangs and indeed within thier own communities.

not good for tourism but does any one really give a sh+t

...the stories on tv and from friends in thailand seem to suggest a fast increase in violent crimes against falangs and indeed within thier own communities...

... oh, yeah? ... Really?

The generel trend of most posts in this thread appears to be fright and hatred of and towards Thais in generel. However, as I read the OP, there are two possibilities:

1) The story is completely one-sided and yields a very colored picture.

2) The culprits are complete psychos of the kind, that certainly don't call for a generalisation of all Thais.

Who else - but a psycho, of the kind that go by the plenty especially in Farang-countries - would beat up a very modest and peaceful guy, who calmly and politely - as decribed - ask his neighbour to move his car so he can get his own one out?

Probably, the hatred exposed by these culprits, has been accumulated from a number of previous confrontations? -- I'm not trying to defend this murder (murder it is, of cource). I'm just trying to make the event fit with my own understanding of Thai mentality. The can explode very violently, yes, but not "all of a sudden".

...the stories on tv and from friends in thailand seem to suggest a fast increase in violent crimes against falangs and indeed within thier own communities...

The generel trend of most posts in this thread appears to be fright and hatred of and towards Thais in generel. However, as I read the OP, there are two possibilities:

2) The culprits are complete psychos of the kind, that certainly don't call for a generalisation of all Thais.

Who else - but a psycho, of the kind that go by the plenty especially in Farang-countries - would beat up a very modest and peaceful guy, who calmly and politely - as decribed - ask his neighbour to move his car so he can get his own one out?

Probably, the hatred exposed by these culprits, has been accumulated from a number of previous confrontations? -- I'm not trying to defend this murder (murder it is, of cource). I'm just trying to make the event fit with my own understanding of Thai mentality. The can explode very violently, yes, but not "all of a sudden".

yes REALLY my friend

if news travels that people can get away eith this sort of activity then it will encourage others to follow suit.

you say you are not defending them as murder is murder but you ARE trying to justify this action by means of previous encounters

this man was beaten with pipes and the like by four men, there is simply no justification for this

oh maybe they had a hard upbringing so lets try and understand all four of them :o

Rubbish. And yes, all of a sudden. And it doesn't matter if you're Thai or Farang. I've seen a Thai friend shot in a respectable Thai bar by his friend over a stupid sudden altercation. And they weren't drunk. BOTH drew guns.