Thai Post Office

sappersrest

Regarding Thai PO for 17 years in LOS I never once had a problem with the post system until about 9 months ago. I was then living in Hua Hin and the mail delivery became erratic. It happened numerous times that letters and cards that friends told me were posted were just never delivered (but I got all the electric bills etc just fine). Possibly just a rogue postal guy that liked to annoy farangs. Oh well, I am now living in CM and hopefully no more problems.

While I am on the subject, I now live north of the superhighway near where the ring road crosses the river. My address is in Mae Rim and has a 50300 code. Question: where is that post office? Is it all the way up in Mae Rim? Is there a closer office of the PO? Thanks.

I experienced the same problem in Phuket for a while. I solved it by sending address labels, in Thai script, to family via snail mail or email. Seems Thai Post rotate their Posties each month and a non-English reader newbie may simply 'lose' your mail if he cannot decipher the address.

Whilst living in deepest darkest Isaan, we also received mail addressed this way, several times with just 3 or 4 days delivery time all the from NZ !

Now in Chiang Mai, we continue the practice. Address labels in both English (left side) and Thai script, (on right) works well.

No complaints with Thai Post at all - praise in fact for delivering household goods including a washing machine, from HKT to Yasothon during the BKK flood crisis... quicker than we could get there by car and for 2,600 baht.