Mp Denies Adultery, Vows To Sue Chuwit

cdnvic

MP denies adultery, vows to sue Chuwit

Published on December 23, 2005

A Thai Rak Thai MP publicly accused of adultery by Chat Thai MP Chuwit Kamolvisit yesterday summoned reporters to a press conference at 2.30am at the three-star Emerald Hotel to deny the allegations.

Khon Kaen MP Mukda Phongsombat also vowed to sue the maverick Chuwit for ruining her reputation.

Mukda stood alongside her husband and a lady named “Da”, whom she claimed Chuwit had confused her with.

Mukda, 53, ruled out Chuwit’s allegation that she had an affair with Sathit Piyaprai, a chauffeur to a former MP, and tried to steal him from his wife Samruey.

“Da is a heroine of Khon Kaen,” Mukda said in tears. “She dares to be here tonight to save my family and my political career because she cannot stand the injustice of which I am the victim.”

Da appeared wearing sunglasses and a long-brimmed hat, claiming she didn’t want to be identified for safety reasons.

She said she hadn’t had an affair with Sathit either. Da said she knew Sathit five years ago when she was a singer at a club on Ratchadaphisek Road and they had exchanged phone numbers, but never called each other.

In 2003, Da said she received a phone call from Samruey, warning her to stay away from Sathit. She paid no attention to the call, figuring Samruey was crazy.

Mukda called yesterday’s press conference after Chuwit and Samruey appeared together on Tuesday, when Samruey accused Mukda of having an affair with her husband Sathit.

Samruey said she had recognised Mukda’s voice when she called asking Sathit to go out with her.

Samruey also claimed she had read text messages on her husband’s mobile phones a few times. They said things such as: “Da cannot live without you.”

Samruey said she believed “Da” was in fact Mukda.

“I don’t believe a singer could have such influence over my husband,” she said, adding that the person must have been an influential figure like Mukda.

One reporter commented that 2.30am was a strange time for a press conference, suggesting that MPs generally convened such events at Parliament during daylight hours, because that way political reporters would attend.

The reporter went on to suggest that calling a press conference in the middle of the night meant only night-shift reporters turned up, and they were good at reporting crime, but generally pretty lazy when it came to asking questions. Samruey visited the Temple of the Emerald Buddha on Wednesday and took an oath that she had told the whole truth.

Chuwit first raised the issue last Friday, when he accused a female Thai Rak Thai MP, whom he did not name, of having an affair with a chauffeur.

On Saturday, Mukda came forward to say that she was the one Chuwit was accusing. She challenged Chuwit to take an oath before the revered Emerald Buddha. That way, she said, whoever had lied to the public would be dead within seven days. But after Samruey met with the press, Mukda said taking such an oath was unnecessary, because she didn’t want to lower herself to Chuwit’s level.

Mukda said she intended to sue Chuwit for fabricating the story.

The Nation

A Thai Rak Thai MP Khon Kaen MP Mukda Phongsombat publicly accused of adultery by Chat Thai MP Chuwit Kamolvisit  also vowed to sue the maverick Chuwit for ruining her reputation.

Mukda, 53, ruled out Chuwit’s allegation

You forgot to post the photo of the young, sexy vixen:

7-Old20Thai20Lady201-50.jpg

Chuwit first raised the issue last Friday, when he accused a female Thai Rak Thai MP, whom he did not name, of having an affair with a chauffeur.

On Saturday, Mukda came forward to say that she was the one Chuwit was accusing.

How can you libel someone if you don't name them, and identify them in such a general way?

Perhaps I can come forward and sue him for a lot of money too, because it was me! It was me!

Da appeared wearing sunglasses and a long-brimmed hat, claiming she didn’t want to be identified for safety reasons.

Silly people

One reporter commented that 2.30am was a strange time for a press conference,

Even sillier.

Edited by The_Moog

press conference at 2.30am
three-star Emerald Hotel
tried to steal him from his wife Samruey.
sunglasses and a long-brimmed hat,
Samruey visited the Temple of the Emerald Buddha on Wednesday and took an oath that she had told the whole truth.
She challenged Chuwit to take an oath before the revered Emerald Buddha. That way, she said, whoever had lied to the public would be dead within seven days.

this has to be one of the tackiest and most ridiculous yarns ever.

witching hour press conferences in grubby hotels , massage parlour owners , night club singers , drivers and politicians , sunglasses and wide brimmed hats , oaths in temples , superstition and portents of death.

Question . Was Parker porking the politician ???

Answer. Probably!

its the theatre of the absurd , its unbelievable , its thai politics , its trashy , its neon , its neanderthal ,its nasty.....

ITS WONDERFUL !!!!!

On Saturday, Mukda came forward to say that she was the one Chuwit was accusing. She challenged Chuwit to take an oath before the revered Emerald Buddha. That way, she said, whoever had lied to the public would be dead within seven days. But after Samruey met with the press, Mukda said taking such an oath was unnecessary, because she didn’t want to lower herself to Chuwit’s level.

The Nation

She challenge him to take an oath??? And then backtracked to say it is unnecessary??? :D

Wow!!! Take about confidence!! :o

that the story was even published by the Nation is evidence to the tabloid standards of journalism in this country. you people read the news, but you don't question the source or its motivation.

this is the same rag that has been hard-selling the idea that the PM is a bad bad man and needs to be overthrown.

Edited by thedude

That doesn't exactly have to be hard sold.  :o

cv

Really? Simple test, just read the headlines for a few days and tell me what the Nation's position is. Here is just a quick sampling...

"Waning fortunes for populist PM"

"Thaksin's final day of reckoning looms"

"Thaksin dons the cone of silence"

"Thaksin rapidly losing his alies and magical powers"

"Thaksin breeds suicide bomb journalism"

"Will Thaksin ever give meaningful answers"

"Thaksin shrugs off responsibility again"

Since most people don't question the motives or message of the news source, this sort of reporting, extended into months if not years, affects mass opinion. This very forum is where you would find masses of drones well-fed on the Nation as a source of opinion. Think about it, from where did you learn of the scandals and of the PM's evil, greed and incompetence? Thai newspapers are the primary source of such reporting.

I'm not saying that the PM is a great guy, but his stewardship of the country these past 5 years has been very fruitful, not just for himself but also for the country generally. There is a need to take things into a balanced context and not automatically jump to bashing the guy everytime his name is mentioned.

Press freedom comes with responsibility, and that responsibility should be handled with maturity, fairness, and temperence.

That doesn't exactly have to be hard sold.  :o

cv

Really? Simple test, just read the headlines for a few days and tell me what the Nation's position is. Here is just a quick sampling...

Since most people don't question the motives or message of the news source, this sort of reporting, extended into months if not years, affects mass opinion. This very forum is where you would find masses of drones well-fed on the Nation as a source of opinion. Think about it, from where did you learn of the scandals and of the PM's evil, greed and incompetence? Thai newspapers are the primary source of such reporting.

I'm not saying that the PM is a great guy, but his stewardship of the country these past 5 years has been very fruitful, not just for himself but also for the country generally. There is a need to take things into a balanced context and not automatically jump to bashing the guy everytime his name is mentioned.

Press freedom comes with responsibility, and that responsibility should be handled with maturity, fairness, and temperence.

Look at the Nation's treatment of him over the past four years and You'll understand why they treat his words with skepticism. It's much better balanced than the lapdog style of the Post. The PM himself is a braggart, and frequently makes statements he cannot live up to. Or is the country really drug-free now? Was there really no bird flu in Thailand last year?

cv

As recent as two weeks ago a young boy died from the birdflu, just 3 hours away from BKK. Made the news in Europe, not sure about here though...

(Only tend to read international press.)

it made the bird flu section of this forum....I wonder if the money men with large exposure to chicken production and tourism have more clout in disclosure than mr 't'?

and stewardship implies he has been taking care of the country.... his and his cronies legacy will haunt this country for years to come

There's a pictuer of that woman, Mukda, in The Nation - she looks every year of her 53 - typical Thai kunying with the high couture hairstyle and heavy make up.

And the story is all over the place - papers, radio, TV. No need to single out The Nation.

There's a pictuer of that woman, Mukda, in The Nation - she looks every year of her 53 - typical Thai kunying with the high couture hairstyle and heavy make up.

And the story is all over the place - papers, radio, TV. No need to single out The Nation.

Its like any other place. Sex and scandal sells. :o

cv

cv

my point exactly. objectivity doesn't sell papers, sex and scandal does. but an entire nation weaned on low quality/high sensation tabloid news is a dangerous thing.

i'm only quoting the nation so much because it is being quoted so much as a source of news on this here board.

to get an objective view of this government you are forced to look at outside sources. as an investment professional, i get access to an array of political and economic analysis from outside agencies, and to those who think that thailand has achieved nothing under this government, you really need to examine the sort of knee-jerk statements you are making and see if you are not just parroting the latest editorials from the Nation or radio or whatever.

This is called "Thailand News Clippings", if you haven't noticed. We have Bangkok Post, The Nation, and TNA as main English news sources in this country. What can we do about that?

If you can share some of your political and economic analysis from other sources/agencies people will read them just as well - just sort it out with the moderators.

Somehow I doubt that there are any positive reports and analysis that didn't make it into mainstream Thai media and remain TRT's secret weapon - they don't look like the guys who would hide the good news out of modesty.

cv

my point exactly. objectivity doesn't sell papers, sex and scandal does. but an entire nation weaned on low quality/high sensation tabloid news is a dangerous thing.

i'm only quoting the nation so much because it is being quoted so much as a source of news on this here board.

to get an objective view of this government you are forced to look at outside sources. as an investment professional, i get access to an array of political and economic analysis from outside agencies, and to those who think that thailand has achieved nothing under this government, you really need to examine the sort of knee-jerk statements you are making and see if you are not just parroting the latest editorials from the Nation or radio or whatever.

Perhaps The Dude is trying to entice foreign businessmen to invest here in which case he doesn't want any bad news to spoil the party.

Regarding Chuvit and Mrs Mukda, I'm not sure as to his motives, he certainly can't cast the first stone. Perhaps he's trying to emulate Ekkayut as a sex scandal exposer.

Edited by Siripon

That doesn't exactly have to be hard sold.  :D

cv

Look at the Nation's treatment of him over the past four years and You'll understand why they treat his words with skepticism. It's much better balanced than the lapdog style of the Post. The PM himself is a braggart, and frequently makes statements he cannot live up to. Or is the country really drug-free now? Was there really no bird flu in Thailand last year?

cv

Well said! I'm still waiting for the promise to end "slums" :o