Kegal Exercises - Anyone Ever Use Them?

wellred

I've read a few websites claiming that doing kegal exercises promotes more blood flow to the 'area' and thus it's benefits include more staying power and supposedly the ability to stop yourself at the point of no return.

Anyone here ever used them?

I'm only really asking men here but women feel free to chip in too as I believe they are applicable to both. :-)

Women use these exercises for altogether different reasons. Mainly in preparation for childbirth and also, in older women, to deal with stress incontinence. Reported to be effective for both of these things. This is the first I have heard of the purpose you mention though and I find it hard to imagine how Kegel exercises would have that effect. What they do is to strengthen pelvic muscles. Which have nothing at all to do within sustaining an erection or delaying ejaculation.

From what i've read it builds a harder penis and gives longer lasting erections as a result of increased blood flow. Some sites also say it build a healthier prostate. I'm going to try out a routine for the next 5 weeks or so anyway. :-)

I was curious about the OPs intentions as well as I thought the the kegel exercise would help to control incontinence which I presently find to be a problem...sometimes I find that I maybe have to go or maybe not have to go but if I have misjudged then it is too late and a toilet is required RIGHT NOW! I thought that kegel exercise would help sphincter control; I lost it at home recently between downstairs and the upstairs toilet and it was a real mess, good thing that we got an asian toilet with a drain in the floor...

my sister liked to kegel after childbirth to re-establish muscle tone in her pelvic area...

Edited by tutsiwarrior