Kindergarten Project

raro

Me and a friend of mine have both kids at the age of 2-something and soon they are ready for kindergarten.

Now we have the idea of setting up our own pre-school/kindergarten, i.e. employing someone to look after the kids and teach them all sorts of skills that are appropriate at that age. The entire concept at this point is still rather vague but gets more and more into shape.

The question to you out there is....are you (resp. your kid of 2-something) interested in joining such a project?

For more information, ask here or send me a PM.

So they'll be learning minimal social skills and interaction?

Though also forgoing the standard Thai indoctrination.

Pluses and minuses I guess.

The standard Thai indoctrination as you call it was one major factor that created the idea.

So you have whips and chairs ready for the room full of 2 year olds? passifier.gif

Or are you going to use red cordial to wear them out and have a padded room, er, room with sleeping mats.sleepy.gif

the padded room is reserved for me.....wacko.png

I would check very carefully the laws and regulations for starting a Kindergarten including Labour Law.

I would imagine some required qualifications would apply.

We are in the process of doing this. Will report back.

My daughters go to the kindergarten at the top of soi Khao Noi (Past the plaster works). They seem to have a good mix of English/Thai teaching, it's very professionally run... I'm quite happy with it...

It's called Anuban don rap kindergarten

I would imagine that they will learn social skills provided there is more than one child in the class.

It would also be worth exploring the idea of starting a 'playgroup' as opposed to a formal kindergarten. Might require fewer formalities.

I looked at this a few years ago, starting with my looking for providers and then investigating whether it was something I could put together with employed staff with proper qualifications etc. When you ask people to commit funding or to take up a place, it is amazing how many are "satisfied" with the cheap quasi Thai option. Dig a little deeper and you realise that many people haven't got a pot to pee in, despite protestations to the contrary that they are "doing well" or that business is "very good".

Ain't just the Thais who tell porkies in Pattaya.